Search

Consecutive rental question =(

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2016, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM | 1 Million Miler
Consecutive rental question =(

Well...

I was trying to take advantage of the 1, 2, Free promo by trying to rent my car every 2 days. I thankfully caught on early that you can't rent consecutively. I had no idea, until now, 6 years later...

I called customer service and thankfully they gave me a courtesy rental credit. I have my current rental right now and I'm just going to extend it for a month, since I'm going to be here for a month.

I'm currently on my 3rd rental.

My question is this:

Is my current rental with National accruing rental credits?

I got a rental credit for my 1st rental and then 0 credit for my 2nd rental. However National gave me a courtesy credit. Now my 3rd and final rental is in question. This is how I think about it:

- 1st rental - Credit
- 2nd rental - No credit
- 3rd rental - Credit, because I didn't qualify from my last rental and it has been 24 hours

I've called them several times and I can't get a straight answer. Anybody have experience with this?

Thank you in advanced.

Maybe it might be better to rent from Avis for a day and then come back for a month with National.

What do you guys think?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 6:22 pm

using a corp.code that lets one "drop-off at diff location without extra charge" may be a practical solution to not trip "consecutive" alarms lol
Old Oct 23, 2016, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM | 1 Million Miler
Yeah, it's ok. I'll just keep my 3rd rental.

I'll give them a call tomorrow to see if my 3rd rental counts. I saw something on FT from 2011 that a user's 1st and 3rd rental counted while their even numbered rentals did not.

I'll keep this thread updated for future reference.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 10:09 pm

Regardless, keeping a rental longer than 8 days will award you a second credit, even though you might not be eligible for the first credit. I'm pretty sure I had a scenario like that.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 11:37 am

Is it 24 hours or same day?

Thought you could return 11:55, pick up 12:05 and be good?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.