Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Does Chase Sapphire Reserve Emerald Executive membership last 1 year from activation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Chase Sapphire Reserve Emerald Executive membership last 1 year from activation?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2016, 8:09 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member

I recently got the CSR card which allows me to activate Emerald Executive for free. There's no indication how long it lasts or whether it would end if I cancelled the credit card.

I am already an Executive member so I'd like to save this benefit and activate it later if my current Executive level expires (which it might, due to lack of sufficient rentals). Will this tactic pay off or will it be pointless?
Old Nov 15, 2016, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Gold, Marriott Silver
My executive status will be expiring on 2/28/17 due to insufficient rentals. Is there any way to apply this benefit to existing Emerald Club accounts (say in March of next year)? Or would I need to sign-up for a new account (and potentially merge accounts later)?
Old Nov 16, 2016, 10:09 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
I believe it's like the benefit that comes with the Amex Platinum - valid as long as you hold the underlying card.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 9:27 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by aba030
My executive status will be expiring on 2/28/17 due to insufficient rentals. Is there any way to apply this benefit to existing Emerald Club accounts (say in March of next year)? Or would I need to sign-up for a new account (and potentially merge accounts later)?
I like to know this too. I'm trying to link the Executive status to my current account. I dont want to create a new National Emerald Club Membership account. Is there anyway to link it to an existing account?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:42 am

The best thing to do is call Chase and ask.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 6:28 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I have up on it. It looks like you have to use their rates and visa infinite corporate code. I have a company corporate code that I use. I just wanted the executive status while being able to use other lower pricing that I have access to.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 3:19 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I just activated it on my account because my previous Executive status expired. The note on the screen says: "Your membership is valid for the remainder of the year you qualify, plus 14 months."

That would take me through February 2019, almost 2 years. It appears the best time to activate is January. I do expect to be able to renew for another 2 years in early 2019 unless Chase withdraws the benefit.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:05 pm

bump. Noticed today while trying to make my first rental in quite some time, that I no longer have Executive (which I previously had due to the CSR card.) My tier is now 'Emerald Club'.

I assumed the Executive tier was a permanent thing, but maybe not?
Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:15 pm

Another update - I went through the signup link again from the chase website under card benefits, and I am now marked as 'Executive Member' again! Woohoo!
KRSW likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 1:08 pm

Errr.... previously as Executive, while making the reservation in the app or online, it said, 'reserve this car and pick from the Executive Aisle!'

Now when I am trying to reserve it says - 'book this car class and you'll be able to choose any car on the emerald aisle'.

My profile indicates I am Executive, but it seems like the reservations page isn't picking that up? Or did National stop calling them separate aisles now or something?
Old Apr 7, 2017, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by shaferz
Another update - I went through the signup link again from the chase website under card benefits, and I am now marked as 'Executive Member' again! Woohoo!
That's correct. Just to clarify some questions asked earlier in the thread, you CAN have an existing EC account upgraded to Executive status by following a link through the benefits section of your CSR account online. There are 2 options - one for new accounts and one for existing accounts.

Also, keep in mind this isn't true "Executive" status. It gives you executive status by using the Visa Infinite corporate code. That means you can't use another contract and also you don't accumulate any rental credits either. It simply gives you a small discount and allows you to pick any car off the Executive stalls.
KRSW likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 5:34 pm

Haven't tried Aisles, but I could say that this "not true" Executive status works well as an one class upgrade when I use another corporate code. Basically I was able to book PCAR at FCAR rate.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 2:23 am

Hi Guys,

I recently got the Visa Infinite card from chase and signed up for Exec Membership in national. Am trying to make my first reservation for a trip with family next month.

I tried to book a emerald Aisle choice using Infinite contract & tried once with regular Emerald Contract. Infinite came out to be little bit more expensive (15$ for a week). For both cases its showing me to pick a car from emerald aisle.

My question is my reservation shows to pick the car from Emerald aisle not Exec. Emerald aisle. If i show my membership on the counter will they allow me to take the car from executive aisle.

Also to use the Exec emerald aisle do i need to reserve using the visa infinite contract ?

Appreciate the help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.