Wiki Posts
Search

2017 Lincoln MKZ Ride Report

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2016, 9:47 am
Original Poster

2017 Lincoln MKZ Ride Report

LCAR

I think the 2017 MKZ looks gorgeous. Even better than the upcoming Continental. The previous gen MKZ wasn't bad either, but the new one looks amazing, even for a base trim vehicle.

The interior is improved too. The addition and implementation of a large multi-function circular knob for HVAC functions works really well.

I like that they've made changes to the stalks so they're formed out of glossy plastic- less Ford parts-bin material. Almost Audi-like. Not sure why Lincoln doesn't also make these changes on the MKX/MKC.

PROS:

- New exterior looks
- Refreshed interior
- Wheels
- Sync 3

CONS:

- Rear still looks the same
- Might look better than the Continental?

What are chances that National will rent the 400-hp 2017 Continental?
Old Aug 19, 2016, 3:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Which location did you find it? Most managers are telling me that Lincolns are being phased out of the fleet, which is unfortunate.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 3:42 pm

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
I had a 2016 MKZ rental a few months back -- maybe it's more of an indication of how good the Fusion is (especially in Titanium trim), but I kept thinking that if it was my money, I would have a hard time paying a premium for the MKZ over a Fusion.

Good to see that they've taken steps to further differentiate the Lincoln, though the Fusion also got a bunch of upgrades as well for 2017 (e.g. LED lights, rotary transmission shifter, etc.).
Old Aug 20, 2016, 7:27 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by qs933
I had a 2016 MKZ rental a few months back -- maybe it's more of an indication of how good the Fusion is (especially in Titanium trim), but I kept thinking that if it was my money, I would have a hard time paying a premium for the MKZ over a Fusion.

Good to see that they've taken steps to further differentiate the Lincoln, though the Fusion also got a bunch of upgrades as well for 2017 (e.g. LED lights, rotary transmission shifter, etc.).
Had a 2017 Fusion Titanium this week and loved it.

30+ MPG, rotary shifter, Apple CarPlay, etc. it's my favorite mid-size sedan right now.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
LCAR

I think the 2017 MKZ looks gorgeous. Even better than the upcoming Continental. The previous gen MKZ wasn't bad either, but the new one looks amazing, even for a base trim vehicle.

The interior is improved too. The addition and implementation of a large multi-function circular knob for HVAC functions works really well.

I like that they've made changes to the stalks so they're formed out of glossy plastic- less Ford parts-bin material. Almost Audi-like. Not sure why Lincoln doesn't also make these changes on the MKX/MKC.

PROS:

- New exterior looks
- Refreshed interior
- Wheels
- Sync 3

CONS:

- Rear still looks the same
- Might look better than the Continental?

What are chances that National will rent the 400-hp 2017 Continental?
Just rented the continental and it didn't have the 400hp engine. Rented it out of Boston Logan international airport and it was brand new. For a $50 dollar up charge I think this is a solid rental based off my previous rentals with the upgrade change.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Closingracer
Just rented the continental and it didn't have the 400hp engine. Rented it out of Boston Logan international airport and it was brand new. For a $50 dollar up charge I think this is a solid rental based off my previous rentals with the upgrade change.
Wow! You need to post a separate Trip Report! Did it have the base 3.7L or the upgraded 2.7L?

Any options?
Old Dec 8, 2016, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Wow! You need to post a separate Trip Report! Did it have the base 3.7L or the upgraded 2.7L?

Any options?
It had the base 3.7L and it had some options on the Select model. Sun roof, Bliss monitoring system. Only driven it for around 3 hours and returned it because while I driven to Boston I was pretty far away from my hotel and needed to get somewhere quickly and back so I rented this pretty cheaply at the hotel and returned it downtown.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
I'm driving a '17 MKZ 2.0T that I got at EWR right now. It rides fairly nicely, is very quiet and soaks up the bumps without being floaty.

Mine was a base Premier trim that came with a couple of interesting feature like adaptive suspension (can toggle between comfort, standard, and sport - you can feel the different when the car goes over bumps) and headlights that turn with the steering wheel.

And the front of the '17 does look way better than the '16.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.