Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Emerald Club Members: One. Two. Free. Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2003, 6:04 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

From the National Car Rental Internet web site:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">FREE DAYS FROM NATIONAL!
Rent from National in the U.S. or Canada between September 1 and December 18, 2003, and earn a free rental day certificate for every two qualifying rentals. To qualify, each rental must be for an intermediate or larger vehicle for a period of two or more days. The free day certificates you earn will be sent to you beginning in November and can be used on any rental from January 2 through June 20, 2004. There's no limit to the number of free days you can earn during this promotion.

PLUS A FREE WEEKEND DAY
Receive one free weekend day on a weekend rental through December 18, 2003 (minimum two weekend days required.) Use Coupon ID Number 10008904 when you make your weekend reservation to be sure this rental will also count toward your free rental day certificates.</font>
Moreover, if you enter or confirm your valid e-mail address, you will receive one rental credit towards your first free day, which means that you are only one rental from a free day.

Enjoy!
Old Sep 2, 2003, 6:53 pm
Suspended

Thanks for posting this, never saw the promo info on their website.
Ended up getting an intermediate car at LAX for two days starting 10/24 Emerald Aisle for $22.25 TOTAL inc taxes when I put the code listed in the promo for free weekend day.
mike
Old Sep 2, 2003, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Excellent deal, MIKESILV! How in the world did you do that?

By the way, my pleasure for providing the information. I hope it helps many others who rent from National Car Rental as well.

------------------

Being a long-time Emerald Club member, I should have mentioned in my original post that one must log in as an Emerald Club member at the National Car Rental Internet web site before one can see the offer posted above. One cannot simply go to the web site and find this offer — at least, not to my knowledge...
Old Sep 2, 2003, 7:36 pm
Suspended

It really did not take any special effort.
I already had a reservation for those dates using the 5125601 code which had already given about 50% off the regular rates
(ie $45.61 for two days) so I just thought to just try the code they provided in the promo and the rate of $18.99 per day came up with the one free weekend day total came to $22.25 in taxes.

I suspect they may finding themselves overstocked for cars because that is the weekend of the Breeders Cup ( which I will be attending). All the hotels closer to Santa Anita racetrack are booked solid.
mike
Old Sep 2, 2003, 9:00 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Thanks Canarsie!!
Old Sep 4, 2003, 7:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Thanks Canarsie! That code saved us $20 on a two-day rental starting TOMORROW. That's $20 off of the lowest off-brand rental rate. About $35 off of the lowest Hertz/National/Avis rate.

Moral of the story: nuggets abound on even the low-traffic FT boards. Don't overlook 'em!

Thanks again!
Old Sep 4, 2003, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

My pleasure, everybody!

All I ask in return is that more of you share more positive stories on how this promotion was used to your benefit.

If I have any, I will share them with all of you as well.
Old Sep 5, 2003, 2:18 pm

Programs: Southwest A+, SW Companion Pass, HHonors Diamond
OK. I'm dense. I know. At least that's what they tell me.

Where, oh where, on the National web site does one see and register for promotions? I logged on with my Emerald ID and password. I just cannot seem to locate this!
Old Sep 5, 2003, 2:44 pm
Suspended

When you log in the first page that comes up says near the top " welcome valued Emerald Club member John Jaz.."
Half-way down the page the only multicolored box says " one two three... earn free days"
thats the link you need.
mike

[This message has been edited by MIKESILV (edited 09-05-2003).]
Old Sep 5, 2003, 6:43 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

If anyone is using the "coupon" part of this promo - I'd advise you to print and take the coupon with you - Many agents hardly know how to handle a coupon anyways let alone understand that the electronic one doesn't need paper.
Old Sep 6, 2003, 5:40 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by peteropny:
If anyone is using the "coupon" part of this promo - I'd advise you to print and take the coupon with you - Many agents hardly know how to handle a coupon anyways let alone understand that the electronic one doesn't need paper.</font>
Agreed. I used the code for the free day @ YUL and they asked me for the coupon. Obviously, I didn't print one out, so I have to show them this "coupon" on my return of the car.

Old Sep 7, 2003, 2:26 pm

Great post!
I would never have found this without you.
Thanks very much
Old Sep 10, 2003, 3:50 pm

The coupon has very few particulars re the requirements. For instance, it doesn't say that a Sat. night overkeep is necessary, but the system won't accept it otherwise. So I made the reservation as returning early Sunday AM; either way it's a 2 day rental the way it's charged out. Will I encounter a problem (additonal charge due to coupon ineligibility) if I return the car "early" on Saturday evening. I'm not that familiar with National's practices, as I rarely use them.
Old Sep 12, 2003, 12:31 am

Just received the mailing for this promo.
Great news for me! I will rack up several free days.

Also,
Provide or confirm valid e-mail address and "we'll credit you with another rental toward your first free rental day certificate"
nationalcar.com/email
Old Sep 12, 2003, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Same deal for me: I punched in a 2 day rental from 10 a.m. Friday to 10 a.m. Sunday, entered the Entertainment contract ID and the promotion coupon code from the mailing and it gave the Entertainment discount AND the free day! That whacked $40 in total base rates (2 x $20) down to $18 before they started piling on all the taxes and junk fees (which brought it back up to $28) Pretty ridiculous to pay over 50% extra in taxes and "recoupment fees," but $28 total for 2 days and a mid-size isn't bad.

The wording on the mailing was vague, though, about whether a rental like this counts toward the one, two, free. It says minimum two weekend days required but doesn't say if that includes the free day or not. Would think that it does and this would count (since the computer took the associated coupon under the date/time parameters; usually the computer doesn't in such cases). Good deal overall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.