Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SEA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by cardsqc
There's a setting somewhere that will disable android auto. Don't know whether it comes that way by default for some reason, but I've seen it before (I know my wife complained about it on a rental she had once, and it took us a bit to find it). Should be an Android Auto preferences under Settings somewhere.

With sync 3 at least there's an option but only after you paired the phone. This is as far as I know with Apple Carplay
Old Jun 5, 2017, 5:51 am

Programs: National Exec Elite, AA ConciergeKey (Former US Chairmans...), Lufthansa HON Circle, JAL JGC Diamond
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
Have noticed premium cars being given with no upcharge or hassle a lot lately for EE. Hope it continues. Flying into CLT Sunday so I hope I can get a BMW
​​​​​/Audi
What'd you get in CLT?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 8:17 pm

Programs: National Exec Elite, AA ConciergeKey (Former US Chairmans...), Lufthansa HON Circle, JAL JGC Diamond
Headed back to SEA on Thursday evening. Hopefully something good will be there. Anybody have an update for what was on Exec aisle this past week on Thursday/Friday?
Old Jun 17, 2017, 7:14 am

News?

Bumping to ask shyly if someone wouldn't mind to share some recent experiences at SEA?

(vip section etc of special interest..)

thx in advance, safe travels
Old Jun 18, 2017, 8:15 pm

I plan to vacation in Seattle and Vancouver this summer. I wanted to pick up a full-size or premium SUV at SEA and return in Vancouver, but the system is only letting me book a compact, mid size, or full size sedan for the one-way rental. However, I can book all the way up to premium elite SUV if I return in Seattle. Is this a common policy to restrict SUVs from leaving the country? Any way around this? I really don't want to cramp my family into a sedan on the long drive over the border. I'm EE if it makes any difference.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Originally Posted by muricy1
Bumping to ask shyly if someone wouldn't mind to share some recent experiences at SEA?

(vip section etc of special interest..)

thx in advance, safe travels
picked up an impala premier today with 13k Miles. on EA: I saw 2 Grand Cherokee limited, 2 dodge journeys (ew), 1 Camry SE, 3 Fusion hybrid SE without lux pack, 2017 300S, and a Pacifica limited with 3k Miles on it that interested me.

upgrade area had QX80 and a X5

VIP had 2 QX70s and a Yukon SLE
Old Jun 19, 2017, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by PaceLaw2009
picked up an impala premier today with 13k Miles. on EA: I saw 2 Grand Cherokee limited, 2 dodge journeys (ew), 1 Camry SE, 3 Fusion hybrid SE without lux pack, 2017 300S, and a Pacifica limited with 3k Miles on it that interested me.

upgrade area had QX80 and a X5

VIP had 2 QX70s and a Yukon SLE
Hey,

thanks a lot for the input, appreciate it a lot! Hoping for some cars/sedans on vip for July, if not would also go for an Impala premier.

Thanks again, have a good time
Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:33 pm

Programs: USAIR Platinum, National EA
Had a one day one way rental from SEA. To Seattle downtown. EA on Saturday 6/24 around 10 pm, EA had 2 elantras, 2 frontier crew cabs and one grand caravan. ES has 1 ram quad cab, 2 f150 crew cabs, 1 sonata, 1 Malibu and 1 Altima SV that I took. Pretty empty and I didn't see any other people or employees. The Altima was fine for my wife, myself and our 2 year old.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 5:32 am

Picked up a 2017 Suburban LT in June for a 3 week one way to Boston.

Good for a family of 4 with luggage. Fully working SatNav but expired Sirius.

Had a California tag on it, so unlikely to be reappearing at SEA anytime soon.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SuperPickyNationalExecElite
What'd you get in CLT?
Ended up getting a Camaro SS
Old Jul 15, 2017, 11:16 pm

Heading out to SEA in 3 weeks. Wondering what kind of cars were in Exec Aisle? I will be arriving late Saturday.. What are my chances on getting full size SUV or maybe even a minivan there?
Old Jul 16, 2017, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hpark21
Heading out to SEA in 3 weeks. Wondering what kind of cars were in Exec Aisle? I will be arriving late Saturday.. What are my chances on getting full size SUV or maybe even a minivan there?
The exec aisle always has minivans. There are SUVs most of the time, although not always full size SUVs.

I'd ask the staff if you don't see what you want. Last time I rented in SEA, the attendant asked it I was EE and what I wanted. I said I wanted a big 4x4 SUV and would prefer a Ford Explorer. He pulled up a Limited 4x4 Explorer for me ^
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:28 pm

Was there on July 10, 2 pm, on a LCAR reservation. ES completely wiped except a Ram pickup and an Edge. Premier/VIP also empty. Did not look at EA.
Greeters not very talkative or interested in providing insight, older man Bruce and a young asian Lady. After a few minutes manager showed up and said they would pull up a Caddy. Was a black CTS 2.0T with navigation, sunroof and Sirius. Took it and very happy with it.
Got a windshield chip now, will exchange at SFO in 2 days...
Old Jul 20, 2017, 3:18 pm

A Tuesday early afternoon, maybe 6-7 cars on the ES, twice as many on the EA. EA was mostly Souls and a few other random midsize-ish sedans.

ES was two 300Cs, a couple of Impalas, and some other full size sedans that I can't recall.

We started loading one of the 300s before realizing that the trunk was too small (yes we had too much stuff). When I turned around there was a Buick Envision parked where I had grabbed the 300 from, so I swapped them. I don't remember ever even seeing one of these on the road (fairly new release) and this one had 300 miles. Nice comfortable SUV for a long road trip, and surprisingly decent fuel economy at 30 mpg.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 1:18 pm

Got there on 7/21 around 3pm, got upgraded to a Camaro SS with 6k miles. Talked to the nice ladies and asked if they had any convertibles, they asked if I would settle for a Camaro SS. Pickings were super slim and executive was pretty empty. Bunch of family sedans and vans

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.