Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SEA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: AS 75k, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, ect.
The last 2-3 weeks I have not seen any of the high end speciality cars around, anyone know what happened to them? The premier upgrade area that used to hold the Maserati and Porsche has been full of Infinity and Linclons the last 6 trips I have had thru there. The older lady greeter mentioned something about a new manager running the site but couldn't answer where the higher end cars have gone.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 10:55 pm

Programs: National Executive, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by bocastephen
95% chance of a Cadillac or 300C, and 5% chance you can get an Audi or BMW if that's all they have left. 0% chance of getting a Maserati, Tesla or other upsell specialty car.

It all depends on when you arrive - daytime arrivals when the best greeters (older lady) are there along with management is ideal, but a late night arrival could result in no managers on site, a closed Emerald booth and disinterested staff shrugging their shoulders and walking away after handing you the keys to a dirty, beat up Sonata with 30K+ miles on it for your 'luxury reservation'.
Cadillac is fine since that's actually a luxury car. 300 is unacceptable. I'll just downgrade to ES if that's the case.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: National Executive, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond
They were wiped out at about 8 pm last night. So much that they had Patriots and Compasses in ES.

Meanwhile my luxury reservation got me a car put aside on the VIP line. Too bad it was a QX80. It was either that, a small Lincoln SUV or an Acura sedan.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 11:42 am

Monday Evening

Got in around 9pm Monday night, all they had were minivans and a couple larger SUV's. Eventually they started pulling around sedans for the 3-4 of us waiting. They ended up giving out Infiniti Q50's, a Camry and a 300C. As I grabbed the Camry a Nissan Murano was pulled out and got that instead.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 11:52 am

Is anything big ever on the Emerald Isle? I need a large SUV in January.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 12:22 pm

Programs: AS 75k, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, ect.
Originally Posted by Tracker09
I've seen them but it is usually when they are very low on inventory overall and just have the Suburbans around. I for sure wouldn't count on it if you absolutely need a large SUV.

Also - if you need in January involves snow, make sure the SUV you get has 4 wheel drive, not all do.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by Quattro
I've seen them but it is usually when they are very low on inventory overall and just have the Suburbans around. I for sure wouldn't count on it if you absolutely need a large SUV.

Also - if you need in January involves snow, make sure the SUV you get has 4 wheel drive, not all do.
How about if I rent a Tahoe, will they upgrade me to a Suburban with Executive?
Old Oct 26, 2016, 3:26 am

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Tracker09
I usually arrive late on Mon/Tue night in SEA. The Emerald aisle usually has sedans plus a few other (not so interesting) cars. The Executive Aisle usually has a collection of SUVs and minivans. I usually pick an SUV from the EA. The aisle selection is good on Sunday and Monday. Midweek, the nice cars are out on business rentals.

The 1-2 times I've looked around, there were Tahoes and other large (massive, since I'm based in Australia) SUVs in the SUV aisle, off the Emerald aisles.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 9:47 pm

Programs: National EA
How is the lot on Saturday mornings? Does anyone know? Anything helps
Old Nov 17, 2016, 8:32 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Was here this past weekend on Sunday afternoon/evening.

ES had a good mix of cars. Saw a camero, good mix of SUVs (no large Tahoes), FCARs like Camry. Only 2x 300Cs, which I took one.

VIP had a 300C and a Caddie. Asked greeter about VIP area and she said it was reserved for C-suite people. Pretty happy with SEA. Left an item in the car and went back 1hr later and was able to get it back.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 11:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by kxc262
...Asked greeter about VIP area and she said it was reserved for C-suite people. ....
Nonsense. It's reserved for those with luxury, premium or specialty car reservations along with the few and far between VIP level EC members who pass through. This location doesn't really have a luxury or premium aisle, so the cars are held in that space.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 9:42 am

Sunday 12/18 7pm

EA/ES:
Buick Lacrosse
Chevy Cruze
Chevy Equinox
Chevy Malibu
Chevy Traverse
Chrysler T&C
Dodge Caravan
Dodge Charger
Dodge Dart
Dodge Journey
Ford Escape
Ford Fiesta
Ford Fusion
Ford Transit Connect
Hyundai Accent
Hyundai Elantra
Hyundai Sonata
Hyundai Tucson
Jeep Compass
Jeep Patriot
Kia Sorento
Kia Soul
Nissan Altima
Nissan Frontier
Nissan Rogue
Ram 1500
Subaru Forester
Toyota Corolla

VIP:
Chevy Camaro
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Infiniti Q50
Infiniti Q70
Lincoln MKC

Premier Selection:
CTS $50
Old Jan 20, 2017, 6:59 pm

Programs: Marriott, United, Enterprise
Arriving at SEA next Friday, mid afternoon. Rez: Midsize, Emerald aisle. Like to look at a Kia Soul because wifey has an eye on one for her next daily driver. How likely to find one? OTOH, are Buick SUVs available for 'pick any car and go'?

TIA!
Old Jan 25, 2017, 10:37 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by whistler814
Sunday 12/18 7pm

EA/ES:
Buick Lacrosse
Chevy Cruze
Chevy Equinox
Chevy Malibu
Chevy Traverse
Chrysler T&C
Dodge Caravan
Dodge Charger
Dodge Dart
Dodge Journey
Ford Escape
Ford Fiesta
Ford Fusion
Ford Transit Connect
Hyundai Accent
Hyundai Elantra
Hyundai Sonata
Hyundai Tucson
Jeep Compass
Jeep Patriot
Kia Sorento
Kia Soul
Nissan Altima
Nissan Frontier
Nissan Rogue
Ram 1500
Subaru Forester
Toyota Corolla

VIP:
Chevy Camaro
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Infiniti Q50
Infiniti Q70
Lincoln MKC

Premier Selection:
CTS $50
This is great. Thank you!
Old Jan 31, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: Marriott, United, Enterprise
So, we did plump for the Kia Soul--violent green :-)

Drove from Rainier to Ocean Shores in one afternoon. Nice car, not a thing wrong with it.

I was left alone in the Aisle--no one pushing me or upselling, although they had a bunch of Frontiers at the head of the aisle for some reason. Also a lot of other Souls.

Went to check in Sunday night, and the guy couldn't find my record, even after showing him my confirmation email! Had to wait until Monday afternoon to get the bill. Whatevah...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.