Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SEA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2015, 11:12 am
`X'

Programs: QFF NB, DJ Gold, A3 Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Silver, A|Club Gold
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
I still haven't figured out why, but I almost always seem to be taken care of at SEA. Even when just Exec, they often have a car with my name on it in VIP and as EE on PCAR and LCAR I've been allowed to select from PS for free on one occasion and had an Acura SUV with my name on it last time I was there. Even when ES has been sparse and I haven't got special treatment, they've pulled something up for me on request (a Lacrosse once, a GC Limited another time). My only negative experience was a very late flight arrival where ES was particularly sparse and I self-downgraded to take a Buick Verano from EA, and even that was far from being the worst rental I've ever had.
Really? Not sure when you are going in because any time I go through they are horribly bad. I always seem to have problems there and it is always due to service or badly maintained/cleaned cars.

This weekend past was nothing new, the Executive Aisle was all small SUVs and after the attendants did not want to help at all (pretty much just stayed in their booth by the returns area and did not venture out and the Aisle booth not manned at all, which seems to be normal). I did not see a single car other than 1 charger, no Premium Cars at all (unless that is a charger now?).
Old Aug 18, 2015, 11:56 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by `X'
Really? Not sure when you are going in because any time I go through they are horribly bad. I always seem to have problems there and it is always due to service or badly maintained/cleaned cars.

This weekend past was nothing new, the Executive Aisle was all small SUVs and after the attendants did not want to help at all (pretty much just stayed in their booth by the returns area and did not venture out and the Aisle booth not manned at all, which seems to be normal). I did not see a single car other than 1 charger, no Premium Cars at all (unless that is a charger now?).
I'm usually through around 9-10pm on weeknights, after the AS ATL-SEA lands... I'm rarely on ICAR res, and letting the booth attendant know I'm on PCAR or LCAR res usually seems to get a favorable response after they look it up. Their ER sections don't seem to be operating any more, but from my treatment so far this is one location where I don't really complain about that fact.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Monday morning ~10am... ES was 99% bland small SUV along with a sole charger. EA was all 200, Malibu, Altima, and Sonata. I was on a PCAR res and was given the option of either Lacrosse or Azera, both parked in VIP, and took the Azera ('15, Nav, but 18k miles). Not the best I've received here, but I'll gladly take it over an Impala or Maxima.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 5:13 pm
`X'

Programs: QFF NB, DJ Gold, A3 Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Silver, A|Club Gold
A couple of updates:

1. Dropped off this morning, both aisles full (Sunday morning is by far the best time to pick up). EA was full of cars with plenty of mix. Saw Jettas, 200's, a couple of Mazda 6's and a few random Camrys. ES was full of SUV's of all shapes and sizes but nothing on the big side like a Tahoe or a Suburban. Lots of Explorers, RAVs, Jeeps (both Grand and Cherokees), Rogues, Kia Sorrentos and also the occasional Hyundai SUV. VIP had a BMW and a Challenger?

2. It looks like there are a lot of new staff working at the SEA branch. Two booth attendants over the last two weeks have been new and still learning the ropes. But they both wanted to help out so that is always a good thing right?
Old Nov 9, 2015, 5:03 pm

Was here Saturday around 1pm. EA was completely empty, and there were no cars in ES - there were only SUVs available. Lots of people milling around looking for cars rather than SUVs, but with no luck. Asked one employee, who must be new, because she tried to send me back to the counter, saying that I needed to go to the counter to get my car assignment.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 8:21 am

This is my 4th time renting here. And I just wanted to comment that the National lot here is the stingiest lot I have seen (maybe ever?). It isn't like they don't have cars, they just choose to put nothing but Chargers, Altimas, Camry's, Fusion, Impala, etc on executive aisle. Also there was not a single SUV.

I rent almost 200d/yr. I looked at every car last evening, and not a single one had a sunroof, or was an upgrade from the base model. Not even an Impala LTZ.

I know things are sad when you see the VIP area (how do you even get VIP status? I would assume 200d/yr is good for it?) - and you just see a Jeep (not even Grand Cherokee), and an Impala (I assume they had an Impala LTZ in the VIP area).

I don't ever go to the counter, cause I just don't want to beg. But this lot absolutely sucks. I have no idea why they are so frugal here, but the lots are definitely exercising their restraint here. I would go as far as to say that this place is devaluing the whole "pick any car" and expect there to be a decent lineup. Any car if you want a 200's, Altimas, and Chargers....

What is the VIP lot here used for? Could I have just hopped in one of them and drove off under the ICAR rate?
Old Jan 6, 2016, 11:28 am

I drove back on Tuesday and returned the car because it smelled like an ash tray.

I got another car, and seen the aisle was in fact full of SUV's this time. Even a Nissan Pathfinder SV 4wd (34k SUV?), brand new Hyundai Santa Fe, etc.

But Sunday nights are rough here...
Old Jan 8, 2016, 12:18 am

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by factory81
...But Sunday nights are rough here...
Why are Sunday nights rough at SEA? This makes me worried, as I'm arriving Mon morning at 01:30am for my next rental.

I like driving SUVs and recently decided to switch from Hertz to National because I got much better cars with National in SEA. Hertz would typically give me a Jeep Compass, whereas National give me a Rav4.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 6:31 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
I'm a twice a month renter here and always walk the ES, but typically ask for something specific and rarely declined.

Some weeks the ES is full of nice things like Explorer Titaniums, Challengers, Mustangs, Cherokee latitude etc.

Yes, this place has more than its fair share of pick your color generic sedans, but asking has yielded some really nice cars.

This week, I asked for and got a 300C, loaded, satnav, sunroof, alpine audio etc .with 300 miles on it.

You just can't be shy
Old Feb 1, 2016, 4:57 pm

This location has Porsches now for the same $100 upcharge as the Maserati. This weekend there was a Cayenne and a Panamera.

I didn't get a Porsche, but was able to get a Nissan 370z in the VIP area. Seems like they are getting lots of new/nice cars recently
Old Feb 1, 2016, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Picked up a car Monday morning at 1am. Lots of different cars to choose from in both EA and EE.

I'm by myself and plan to go skiing next weekend, so I was hoping for a 4x4 midsize SUV. There were plenty to choose from and I picked a Subaru Forester.

The guy at the exit told me the aisles typically have the nicest selection Thu-Sun. Folks on business trips typically take the nice cars on Mon/Tue, so mid-week is a bad time to arrive.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 10:45 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by vtek63
This location has Porsches now for the same $100 upcharge as the Maserati. This weekend there was a Cayenne and a Panamera.

I didn't get a Porsche, but was able to get a Nissan 370z in the VIP area. Seems like they are getting lots of new/nice cars recently
Did you pay an upcharge ? I've had the 370Z twice there for no extra charge as an EE. This works only if it is not reserved.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by ptownca
Did you pay an upcharge ? I've had the 370Z twice there for no extra charge as an EE. This works only if it is not reserved.
No, I didn't pay an upcharge for the 370z as an Exec.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 5:10 am

What can I expect on a luxury reservation here?
Old Mar 11, 2016, 7:39 am

Programs: AS 75k, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, ect.
Came thru around 10:30 Thursday night, EE row was full of mini SUV things and a couple Impalas. The upgrade spot had a Ghibli, a Cayman and one I had not seen before a white Stingray. Thought about getting the Corvette but with the stupid rain and wind I didn't think I's be able to really drive it the way I would want. Ended up with a 2016 Grand Cherokee with 400miles on it which is a decent mid sized SUV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.