Originally Posted by opus17
1 Chevy Aveo
On the Emerald Aisle??? ...?!
Old May 24, 2007, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: On a collision course with Kettledom
Originally Posted by abefroman329
On the Emerald Aisle??? ...?!
The Ion I took was in kind of rough shape -- 16K miles, but it drove like a car with 100K. And I don't normally notice that kind of thing. Great gas mileage, however... even though the company pays for gas, I like to conserve.
Old Jun 3, 2007, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: On a collision course with Kettledom
Back in SEA tonight -- great selection. There were at least 6 Toyota Corollas -- I grabbed one. Finally, a decent car on the Emerald Aisle! Getting a Toyota is like a quadruple upgrade from my typical Malibu.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 3:51 pm

I guess this means the odds of finding a minivan on a Friday are somewhere between slim and none... in either the Exec or EA.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 6:39 am

I was in Seattle last month and Emerald Aisle was crazy busy (and difficult to find with all the elevator and escalators you have to take).

EA had a dozen grand prix/impalas (one with XM), a couple VUEs, an Equinox, a HIghlander and a few G6/cavaliers. I waited around for a few minutes and they pulled up a Prius, which I took. It was pretty beat up and had 18K on it.

I saw a CTS, 300, optioned up VUEs and Equinoxes in ES, and maybe a 4Runner. There were a few minivans, but they may have been reserve.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 10:25 am

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
I was there in February and had a premium reserved. I was looking for an Outlook/Enclave/Acadia since I was in the market to buy one. I asked at the booth and they walked me over to the only Acadia they had, so it may not hurt to ask for what you want. They did try to overcharge me by about $200upon return, but fixed it quickly when I pointed out my reservation was $90 for the weekend, not $300.
Old May 3, 2008, 6:03 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Arrived in SEA around 1:30 p.m. on a Saurday. Luckily, the person in the elevator pointed out that the EA was on the second floor so I got off on the right place. The EA was full, but almost all Chevy Malibu, Impala, and other sedans. No SUV or Minivans. There was also a PT Cruiser and a Chevy HHV. I found a Saturn Aura with working XM and took that. It was a nice ride and I got about 26 mpg.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 4, 2008 at 7:28 am
Old May 3, 2008, 8:56 pm

Programs: Hertz 5*, Marriot Rewards, Aeroplan,National Exec..
In SEA on 4/19/08 at 7 P.M Booked a reserve full size for a week thinking I would get a better car. Not much available. Mostly Impalas. Took a red LT.
Completely stripped. No sunroof, no OnStar, no leather, no nothing. 16000 miles. I thought, ok, I'll try for a premium. Today in YQR I got a Crown VIC. Filthy stinky inside, 68000 kms, packed with mud underneath. Lot attendent took half an hour to clean the mud off the wheels. Back to Hertz for me.
Old May 8, 2008, 12:32 am

Programs: AA Life Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite
I have rented at SEATAC thrice in the past two months. I have not been impressed, but I usually arrive at about 11:30pm. It's mostly filled with HHR's and Impalas, but you can score a nice car once in a while. Last time I got a RAV which is usually on exec aisle but they had on normal isle due to low inventory. My buddies recently scored a G8 and a nice Equinox with Satellite and leather. They seem to tolerate non-execs taking from the exec row.

One complaint I do have is the cleaning. My first rental was an impala and I discovered a complete batch of trash from a fast food binge in the center armrest storage. The week-old ketchup smelled awful. The second rental had a smear on the driver's window that was just annoying. The third rental had an empty water bottle rolling around in the back. a friend's car had evidence of a spilled beverage all over the dash.
Old May 8, 2008, 12:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
The Sea-Tac National location is notorious for poor car cleaning and making sure they put out the most basic cars on the Aisle, especially after hours. When the counter closes, everyone goes to the booth outside the Aisle and the cars are handed out from there - so any Tom, Dick or Harry could drive away with a car which should have gone to an elite member.

I switched to Avis, but they have plenty of attitude issues from the Station Manager on down, so it's not a great option either - but they do offer 50% off weekends, so at least it's cheaper than National for the same crappy car.
Old May 8, 2008, 6:14 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Seems like SEA is a bad rental car location - Hertz regulars really complain about this location also.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 11:39 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Any updates of the cars in the Executive Selection in Seattle?
Old Jun 11, 2008, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Any updates of the cars in the Executive Selection in Seattle?
The last two times I have been there (arriving mid-evening on Saturdays), I have found 4 Runners, Avalons, Camrys, regular Impalas, regular Grand Prix, and Impala SS's. The last time I was there and arrived at around 9:00 p.m., the best car in the ES was an Impala SS with 2k miles on it.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Thanks ... I swung through there last night. As you said, nothing too inspiring, and mostly SUVs -- RAV4s and Highlanders mostly. There was one Camry, a Dodge convertible, and a Pontiac G6 hardtop convertible (if such a thing exists ... I didn't look too closely). I ended up grabbing a regular G6 off the EA since what I care about most is gas mileage these days!
Old Jul 7, 2008, 11:18 am

Programs: CO Plat, *Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
bump... any one rent from SEA recently? I'll be there later this month and was wondering what I can expect on either executive or emerald aisle.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.