Search

Cars at Sacramento (SMF)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2003, 4:21 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Original Poster

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Cars at Sacramento (SMF)

The choices at the Emerald Aisle last Friday at 10 p.m. consisted of quite a few Stratus and Alero coupes, two Lancers, a Century, and an Outlander SUV (which I took).

This morning at 5 a.m., there was one Stratus, one Century, and a Rendezvous.
Old Jul 2, 2003, 6:12 pm

I've been through SMF a lot and I find there is always different cars, different times of the day. I always like it when there are SUV's as they are always very new. I've had more Century's than any other car most of the time I'm there.

Almost always there are cars to pick from. I've never been there when they didn't have cars like other places I've traveled.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Bumping up this old thread, as I didn't find a more recent one using search.

I arrived this morning at 10:30 and the EA had two Corollas, three Impala LZ, and a single Malibu, PT Cruiser, HHR, G6 and a VW Rabbit. I took the Rabbit (14K miles) and have been happy with it so far; zippy, the tiptronic 6 speed is fun on the highway, and it has a really good sound system.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 9:03 pm

I guess it's not a 08 malibu. Rabbit has poor mileage. BTW, that's a very poor lineup.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 8:59 am

Programs: ~IHG(p)/BW~Nat'l.Exec~ ~NW(SE)~ ~Cessna~ NASM.do-07 ~AAAF.do-05/06/07/08/09
Seems like a semi-appropriate thread for this: Props to the SMF staff !! ~
got dropped in there on a reroute last year ~ manager-type stuck around way past closing to take care of us (1.30am?).

Got a Malibu, I think .. didn't really care

/.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by timrick
I guess it's not a 08 malibu. Rabbit has poor mileage. BTW, that's a very poor lineup.
I ended up getting about 27 mpg with mostly highway driving; I drove to Pleasanton and back. The nice stereo, heated seats, and tiptronic shifter were all upgrades from the Corolla I would have otherwise chosen on the EA.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any recent experiences with the ES at SMF?
Old Nov 1, 2008, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdm1130
Any recent experiences with the ES at SMF?
Replying to myself here...

I arrived on a Friday night around 11p. The ES had a disappointing selection of mostly Chevy HHRs, Malibus and Impalas. There was also a Mitsubishi Galant which is what I ended up selecting. Not a bad car - no XM or leather but 7k miles and a half way decent feel.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 10:34 am

Programs: HH Diamond, AA PLT, Frontier Summit, Avis Pref Select, National Executive
My two most recent rentals at SMF were a Dodge Charger (base v6) and a G8 GXP - that was nice ride; if anything else just to have some "muscle car" attributes.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 5:11 am

Programs: NW GE, National EE, IChotels Plat
Arrived around 11:30pm on a sunday... pickings were extremely slim, lots of HHRs and a couple Impalas. SUV selection was all compact SUVs except for 1 suburban that I was able to get for $100 more (which is really cheap from what i've seen for a vehicle that size.) Nice one... gold in color (has a dab of blue paint on the tailgate handle, no idea how that got there )
Old Jun 18, 2009, 1:09 pm

Programs: United- 1K, National-ExSelect, Hilton- Dia, Marriott- PlatPrem, Hyatt - Diamond
Traveled in and out of Sacto everyweek for about 2 months and was very disappointed with their selection (after using National at DTW for a year.)

The nicest car that I got while I was there was a Prius, and I basically had to beg. There were always several Impala's and HHR's.

I wrote to National to tell them that their selection of cars was lacking, and they basically just said "Thanks for the response." Id be interested to see if the get better cars there.

Old Jul 17, 2009, 2:51 pm

Programs: US Silver; WN A-List; Marriott Plat Premier
Rented at SMF this week and got a new Mustang Convertible with about 300 miles on it. Also noticed the ES had a Charger, Buick, and a Volkswagon.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 6:45 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
I picked up yesterday and the ES section had the usual Chargers, Impalas, a Camry and one lonesome may they RIP Marquis. I grabbed the redest red Charger after verifying that the Sirius was active, so bright red it hurts to look at it in the bright sun. I pulled up to check out and says to the agent "It looks like there is a problem with the odometer. It says 2." I thought it might be an error code. He says, " That's right, it was rolled off the truck this morning."

Wow! Brand new!

Oh, noes!!!!!

Any little smudge or scratch I own. I can not blame it on the previous renter. I am scared to death driving this thing. This is torture. I park it on the other side of the hotel lot all by its little self. I do not park it angled, but I am tempted to. And it stinks. That new car smell is overwhelming. I can almost taste it. It can't be safe breathing that stuff. I rolled into the hotel last night and the oil and stuff was "burning" off the never hot exhaust and engine. It smelled like the quickie lube after the fumble fingered tech drips 10w30 all over the exhaust manifold.

2 Miles! You'd think it would get that much rolling around the parking lot at the factory!

Hey, but the Sirius is active! I'll just listen to some tunes.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 8:52 am

Programs: AAdvantage, DL SkyMiles, SWA RR; MR Platinum; National EC Executive
Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
I picked up yesterday and the ES section had the usual Chargers, Impalas, a Camry and one lonesome may they RIP Marquis. I grabbed the redest red Charger after verifying that the Sirius was active, so bright red it hurts to look at it in the bright sun. I pulled up to check out and says to the agent "It looks like there is a problem with the odometer. It says 2." I thought it might be an error code. He says, " That's right, it was rolled off the truck this morning."

Wow! Brand new!

Oh, noes!!!!!

Any little smudge or scratch I own. I can not blame it on the previous renter. I am scared to death driving this thing. This is torture. I park it on the other side of the hotel lot all by its little self. I do not park it angled, but I am tempted to. And it stinks. That new car smell is overwhelming. I can almost taste it. It can't be safe breathing that stuff. I rolled into the hotel last night and the oil and stuff was "burning" off the never hot exhaust and engine. It smelled like the quickie lube after the fumble fingered tech drips 10w30 all over the exhaust manifold.

2 Miles! You'd think it would get that much rolling around the parking lot at the factory!

Hey, but the Sirius is active! I'll just listen to some tunes.
So that was you I saw on I-5 then
Old Sep 23, 2010, 3:36 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FrmAEattendant
So that was you I saw on I-5 then
Coulda been me.

This was a fun rental. The color is fantastic and got lots of comments. In the drive through at Jack in the Box the attendant commented on it. At the time it had 14 miles on it. Turned it in at 41. Sorry about that whoever is #2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.