Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Anything weird about returning a USA car in Canada?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anything weird about returning a USA car in Canada?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2017, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by iahphx
I assume it would also be easy to start in Canada and return to the USA? I might try that some day, given that the hefty airline taxes are southbound, and there's virtually no tax northbound.
Yeah, and the rates that way seem downright cheap -- I just did a dummy booking for Montreal to NYC next Tuesday, and it came in at US$81.55 for a premium (discounting down to the F rate b/c of status).
Old Jun 8, 2017, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Yeah, and the rates that way seem downright cheap -- I just did a dummy booking for Montreal to NYC next Tuesday, and it came in at US$81.55 for a premium (discounting down to the F rate b/c of status).
Not a bad summer vacation strategy if you want to do the drive in one direction. I recently noticed that fares from LGA north to YUL start at under $80.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 8:41 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Really depends on number of passengers (doesn't it always with fly vs drive?). Fuel and tolls would be at least another $75+. I've been able to get one way YUL-LGA for $100-$150 one way when purchased in advance even for summer travel and value of time hasn't been factored in. All monetary amounts are in USD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.