Wiki Posts
Search

2016 Chrysler 300C Review/Ride Report

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
I'd agree it's silly to not have it on the bottom row, but it's been like that on every '16 I've had now.
Toyota did something similar in my 4Runner, except it's with a physical button. Instead of a "Navigation" button like previous Toyota infotainment systems had, they have an "Apps" button, with navigation being one of several apps that are available.

I think it's inconvenient -- it's two steps to open navigation vs. one -- but I'm guessing that having "apps" is the in thing to do now for auto makers.
Old May 25, 2016, 12:16 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by qs933
Toyota did something similar...
What they did that's even worse is lock their smartphone app-based navigation system so a VIN can only be attached to a single account, making the app/service useless for rentals. I'd grab Avalons a lot more if they'd stop locking each VIN to a single account.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by piper28
I've got mixed opinions about the Maxima (need to get my writeup of the one we had recently done). The Taurus is dated, but I'm not sure I'd actually put the Maxima above it at this point, because to me the Maxima is missing some features that I'd like to see - like seat heaters. The Taurus has seat heaters and ventilated seats, and has a trunk that will swallow a small planet. I also felt the pod style seating in the Maxima felt pretty tight.

My wife isn't really a fan of the 300's, although I really need to get her to try one again.
I would put the maxima above the 300c but I am biased towards the maxima. I had rented a 2017 maxima and the smoother ride along with Apple car play makes it a better car IMHO in terms of what national offers. First time I have ever seen a 300c ever in LGA or JFK ( I got it at JFK) and has California plates which I assume is why national has it here. Anyways I like the car with its sun roof but I find while is a bigger car inside my legs are tight and couldn't move the seat back otherwise I couldn't reach the pedals. Also to me the car feels slower with the V6 it has even though it has similar power. The maxima has a v6 with 300 hp compared to the 300c 292.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
Originally Posted by Closingracer
I would put the maxima above the 300c but I am biased towards the maxima. I had rented a 2017 maxima and the smoother ride along with Apple car play makes it a better car IMHO in terms of what national offers.
The 300 has the "high-sill, small window" design, so I would agree that it feels a little more snug than it actually is. Same thing with the Taurus, perhaps more so with its high center console.

I recently drove a '16 Maxima; there was something about the driving position and visibility that bothered me. It might have been the angle of the windshield and the A-pillars.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 12:09 am

The 300 has the "high-sill, small window" design, so I would agree that it feels a little more snug than it actually is. Same thing with the Taurus, perhaps more so with its high center console.

I recently drove a '16 Maxima; there was something about the driving position and visibility that bothered me. It might have been the angle of the windshield and the A-pillars.
I rented a 16 Taurus and that was fine... Just that this car is a bit to snug for my taste for any long distance driving though would be very comfortable if it wasn't snug.

As far as the Maxima goes I found visibility to be quite fine for me. YMMV.

Overall I like this car and if I can actually find them at JFK or LGA I would pick it up over a lot of the other cars in the aisle with the exception of the Maxima and Impala in the premium class. Depending on my needs I prefer the Camaro just because I fine them cool :P
Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite

I actively avoid Nissans for a multitude of reasons, but driving position is near the top of the list. The floor seems way too high for how low the seats are.

My wife and I had a Q50 last weekend. She knows very little about cars, but when she sat in the passenger seat and her feet were so high compared to other cars we've had, she said "What is this? Some kind of Nissan?"
Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by aww3583
I actively avoid Nissans for a multitude of reasons, but driving position is near the top of the list. The floor seems way too high for how low the seats are.

My wife and I had a Q50 last weekend. She knows very little about cars, but when she sat in the passenger seat and her feet were so high compared to other cars we've had, she said "What is this? Some kind of Nissan?"
Well it is a Nissan lol. Anyways I have no issues with the floor and honestly prefer Nissan's over alot of the other offerings national usually puts in the aisle
Old Dec 14, 2016, 3:45 pm

Rented a 300S and the acceleration is miserable. I think I had a 300c a few years back, don't recall it. But maybe this is compared to large SUVs (which weigh more, obviously) and the Maxima
Old Dec 14, 2016, 4:12 pm

I've tried 300c from Nation and the biggest problem with that car is a poor headlights. It was rly uncomfortable to drive on the empty highway at night, can't see anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.