2016 Ford Taurus Limited Ride Report

Old May 2, 2016, 10:29 am
Original Poster

2016 Ford Taurus Limited Ride Report

Class: PXAR
Trim: Limited w/ 301A, Driver Assist Package, Power Moonroof, Rear Spoiler, and Voice-Activated Navigation

Highlights
- AWD
- 3.5L V6
- Sony 12-Speaker Audio System
- SYNC 3 w/ XM/USB/BT
- Rear Power Sunshade
- Heated Steering Wheel
- Heated Leather Seats
- Ventilated and Power Front Seats
- Rain-Sensing Wipers
- Keyless Ignition and Entry
- Remote Start
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Collision Warning
- Lane Departure Warning
- Active Park Assist
- Backup Camera w/ Sensors
- Blind Spot Warning
- Sunroof
- Navigation

Thoughts
- While the Taurus came almost fully loaded, I can't say that I was particularly impressed by the car. Its ride quality, handling, power, and fuel consumption (13.5mpg in 20% highway, 80% city) were all pretty average or worse. Exterior and interior styling is dated. None of the tech inside the car stood out and some felt gimmicky. It reminds me of the cheaper but probably much more reliable Camry XLE/XSE V6 except with AWD.
- SYNC 3 is absolutely horrible. Somehow voice navigation and bluetooth/USB integration on the base SYNC system on cars like the Ford F-150 XLT are better than the more expensive system.
- The voice-activated navigation was surprisingly good.
- I guess the adaptive cruise control, navigation, and blind spot monitoring would be very useful for downtown driving or road trips. Otherwise, I'd probably just take the Chrysler 300S that was also on the ES that night.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.