Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Legacy Website gone?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2016, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA Exec Plt 2MM, HH Diamond, *wood Gold, disgruntled Amex Ex-Centurion
Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe
I did finally get the National web site to load in Firefox, but exactly WHY it works now versus before I cannot tell you.

Things which did not work:
  • Clearing cookies
  • Removing NoScript (my only add-on)
  • Disabling / Removing Norton Security Suite

I did take a clean PC and installed Firefox on it, and that worked. I then compared every option on every tab of every page in the options menu and made them match. My existing PC's still did not work. I then created a new Windows user on one of the non-working PC's and logged in via that. Firefox DID work. Clearly there is a user setting in Firefox which is the culprit, then - because the same copy works / doesn't work via two different users on the same PC.

I then did a Refresh Firefox from about:support - which DID work. For a few minutes. But whatever hidden setting got cleared got downloaded again from my Sync account a few minutes later and it stopped working. Here was my final procedure to make everything work:
  1. Removed NoScript
  2. Disconnected all three of my computers from my Sync account
  3. Deleted my Sync account with Mozilla
  4. Performed a Refresh Firefox from about:support on all three computers
  5. Established a new Sync account. Connected all three computers to it again
  6. Re-installed NoScript

Now all of my computers work - but I cannot tell you why the new National site is absolutely the only one I could not get to load before or what setting specifically tripped it up.
Even as an IT guy, I would not go to that length - especially not removing security from a Windows machine. Switching to another car rental company seems to be a much more reasonable option to me.

Any good status matches for Executive out there?
Old Jan 23, 2016, 1:03 pm

Programs: National EE
Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe
I did finally get the National web site to load in Firefox, but exactly WHY it works now versus before I cannot tell you.

Things which did not work:
  • Clearing cookies
  • Removing NoScript (my only add-on)
  • Disabling / Removing Norton Security Suite

I did take a clean PC and installed Firefox on it, and that worked. I then compared every option on every tab of every page in the options menu and made them match. My existing PC's still did not work. I then created a new Windows user on one of the non-working PC's and logged in via that. Firefox DID work. Clearly there is a user setting in Firefox which is the culprit, then - because the same copy works / doesn't work via two different users on the same PC.

I then did a Refresh Firefox from about:support - which DID work. For a few minutes. But whatever hidden setting got cleared got downloaded again from my Sync account a few minutes later and it stopped working. Here was my final procedure to make everything work:
  1. Removed NoScript
  2. Disconnected all three of my computers from my Sync account
  3. Deleted my Sync account with Mozilla
  4. Performed a Refresh Firefox from about:support on all three computers
  5. Established a new Sync account. Connected all three computers to it again
  6. Re-installed NoScript

Now all of my computers work - but I cannot tell you why the new National site is absolutely the only one I could not get to load before or what setting specifically tripped it up.
The new website works fine on my machine (Firefox version 42 on Windows 7 with regular plugins including ....... Plus and Pop-up Blocker enabled). It's much slower compared to legacy website, but works without any issue.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by matrixca7
The new website works fine on my machine (Firefox version 42 on Windows 7 with regular plugins including ....... Plus and Pop-up Blocker enabled). It's much slower compared to legacy website, but works without any issue.
As I said - Firefox now works on mine, but there is some setting in Firefox - probably hidden - which will make it not work and I could not tell you which one.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Prices were a lot cheaper under the Legacy website. I did my 2 cents and complained on the Facebook page.

You'd think the National social rep that monitors this forum would take notice...
Old Jan 25, 2016, 1:32 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Prices were a lot cheaper under the Legacy website. I did my 2 cents and complained on the Facebook page.

You'd think the National social rep that monitors this forum would take notice...
Unfortunately, they just kind of helicopter in from time to time and offer canned responses to inquiries which usually don't even answer the question (or worse, invite the complainer to contact them and reference a case number with rental details, even if the complaint is not about the rental). I think this forum represents a very small percentage of the overall customer base so what we think probably has little, if any, bearing in corporate planning, even if we are the most vocal, and I would hazard loyal, of their customers.

I can say I've had the chance to discuss this sort of scattershot CS engagement approach with some individuals who are a bit higher up in the food chain in corporate and that was well over a year ago. As we know, there has not been much of a change. So, to the extent anyone is listening, I don't think this is a concern that has a very large radar signature.

FWIW I have not had issues with reservations booked on Legacy disappearing or otherwise using the new site (yes, it does work better in Firefox). The rates for the contracts I use have not changed so I can't comment on price differences. Like many others here, my biggest gripe is that it now takes five clicks to achieve what previously took one or two, and I don't think the new interface is conducive to quickly checking rates and making reservations.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 8:08 pm

To give them some credit, they have fixed the issue I have been experiencing with viewing my past rental history on the new website. The app history however, continues to only show my most recent rental.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 3:04 pm

I'm unable to book this afternoon. I have no idea what the error messages mean except I'll book elsewhere.
Attached Images  
Old Feb 4, 2016, 12:05 pm

Programs: National EE
Originally Posted by UKOK
I'm unable to book this afternoon. I have no idea what the error messages mean except I'll book elsewhere.
It also happened to me 2 weeks ago when I was trying to book a PCAR for the weekend in downtown Toronto. If I changed the date or the location the reservation was accepted. I called the customer service and they said that location probably doesn't have any PCAR for the weekend.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by matrixca7
It also happened to me 2 weeks ago when I was trying to book a PCAR for the weekend in downtown Toronto. If I changed the date or the location the reservation was accepted. I called the customer service and they said that location probably doesn't have any PCAR for the weekend.
They why does it show the PCAR
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

Anyone having trouble booking with an Entertainment Book Free Day coupon?

Before applying the coupon, I can see midsize/fullsize. After applying the coupon, I can only see compact and/or SUVs. Seems shady.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Anyone having trouble booking with an Entertainment Book Free Day coupon?

Before applying the coupon, I can see midsize/fullsize. After applying the coupon, I can only see compact and/or SUVs. Seems shady.
Book with whatever class the coupon will work on, then modify it after. When you modify, it usually will show up.

Other alternative is to book in the app, there's a place to manually enter contract IDs and coupons. I've had this work for me when the website was having similar issues to what you described.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:35 am

Problem solved it seems finally!

First off don't bother using "legacy.nationalcar......." it has been disabled at least the two times one used that link. Knew it wouldn't bring up the old site but hand not changed my bookmark...

Happen to contact National EE customer service on another matter last week and the rep told me something interesting when I complained about not being able to use the new site. If your old password does not meet the new requirements you cannot log in. Even with your correct username you simply get that message about "user name and or password are incorrect". After using link provided to reset my password to meet new system standards was able to log onto the new site.

Why National didn't bother sending out this information and or telling persons who are logging in with "incorrect" information I don't know. Would it have killed someone to write a few extra lines of coding?

Another thing; if you are using Microsoft IE and have tracking protection and or Active X disabled, National's new site will not work. Before getting to the change password stage couldn't get the darn thing to function at all. Turing off all security protections restored site functionality. Am not thrilled with going "naked" but for now will have to deal with the real.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 11:22 am

I think the new website has serious issues. The legacy site was simpler and did not requite the plugins, etc to work.

More importantly it gave the correct pricing which is missing from the new site.

Here is a specific example that explains the incorrect pricing:

The last minute specials mailed out to Emerald club members this week and also listed on the website has midsize for $17/day between 02/16/2016 to 02/22/2016 for DEN & COS.

I tried various combinations of dates/times and am unable to get that rate. It is always way higher. It is not 'sold out' as rental summary always says 'last minute special'. Its almost as if the new website is not picking up the rate related to the 'Last minute special' Contract ID which is 6600435.

Its not just an issue with these locations, I tried the locations in other states also like STL, FNT, GRR etc.

I could not find one instance where price the website shows matches the advertised last minute special. Did not have any such issues on the legacy site ever.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 8:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
9:00PM Central Time, 2/18:

I can't log in to the site. I enter my name and password and the red error bar appears saying "UNDEFINED"
Old Feb 23, 2016, 11:59 am

2 new errors just now trying to book a car:

"The Validate Pricing response is missing necessary rate detail information."
"Value entered does not match rental options. Please update the value."

I have no idea what this means, other than I'll be booking with Avis.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.