Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Legacy Website gone?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by NationalCares
Hello! We'd be happy to look into your concerns regarding our new website. Please email us at [email protected] with your name, Emerald Club number, contact information, the exact details of the website issues you are encountering, and any screenshots you can provide and we will get this information over to our website development team right away.

Thanks!
Collin P.
Social Monitoring Coordinator
National
You don't need all these details - your website team can just get started on "doesn't work properly on Google Chrome" - that's a big enough problem as is.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Hello! We'd be happy to look into your concerns regarding our new website. Please email us at [email protected] with your name, Emerald Club number, contact information, the exact details of the website issues you are encountering, and any screenshots you can provide and we will get this information over to our website development team right away.

Thanks!
Collin P.
National
Thanks for offering help. My problems with the new site are not specific. I (and much other members on this forum) don't like the look of the new site in general, it's very clumsy and hard to navigate, and I can't even remember all the problems I encountered using the new site.

We, as loyal customers, are just asking a simple request:
Please give us back the old site.

We are not asking National to put the old site back as the main site, If you think the new site looks more up-to-date and brings you more business then go for it! all we ask is please provide a link to the old site for those who don't like the new rather than loosing them to your competitions.

Last edited by GreeNYC; Jan 6, 2016 at 2:42 pm
Old Jan 6, 2016, 4:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite

Thanks!
Collin P.
National
1. From the "Submit a Question" and "Support" pages, there is no direct link to the home page or account portal.

2. From the home page, it took 5 clicks to find a phone number for reservations. Absurd. From there back to the home page is 5 clicks of the "back" button.

3. When searching for airport locations, the phone number listed for my 3 most-frequently-visited stations is identical. Please list the direct number to the all airport stations.

4. Lighten up on the ads/scripts. I run .......Plus and ScriptBlocker and from while just browsing NationalCar.com, the add-ons blocked several questionable issues.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

The new website lacks the ease of functionality of the legacy website.

Can you please re-enable the legacy website?
Old Jan 6, 2016, 5:42 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Unless the underlying platform is being decommissioned, there is no valid reason to force existing frequent renters from using the new site - re-enable the link to the old site immediately, please.

Edited to add, National is being ripped apart on other social platforms over the new website and loss of the legacy site....how arrogant or accommodating will they end up being?

Last edited by bocastephen; Jan 6, 2016 at 6:48 pm
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:27 am

Programs: National EE
As other renters mentioned the new website is hard to navigate and slower than the legacy website. National should consider providing a link to the legacy website otherwise they will lose a certain percentage of its loyal customers who find the new website difficult to use. I , for one, have been a National customer for 15 years and rent a sum of at least 6 months per year and was very happy with the old website, but have various issues to book/modify a reservation on the new website.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 11:00 am

Programs: AA PLT (fmr EXP), UA SLV, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat Premier (LTG), IHG Gold, National Exec Elite
Add me to the list of people who have never been able to use the new website (can't even get it to load) and depended on the legacy one. Bummer.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 11:28 am

I can't log in to the new site in Chrome. At all. It just keeps saying that my username and password are incorrect. Guess what, they're not. It also loads oddly and works sporadically in Chrome.

Why does it take so many more clicks to book a reservation? The whole site is a major waste of my time.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:42 pm

Programs: EB*G, A3*G, National EE
Originally Posted by GreeNYC

We are not asking National to put the old site back as the main site, If you think the new site looks more up-to-date and brings you more business then go for it! all we ask is please provide a link to the old site for those who don't like the new rather than loosing them to your competitions.
+1
Old Jan 7, 2016, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by GreeNYC
Thanks for offering help. My problems with the new site are not specific. I (and much other members on this forum) don't like the look of the new site in general, it's very clumsy and hard to navigate, and I can't even remember all the problems I encountered using the new site.

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
The new website lacks the ease of functionality of the legacy website.

Can you please re-enable the legacy website?
^ ^ yes please
Old Jan 7, 2016, 5:22 pm

Seriously, National are you reading your social media feedback?? Get the old website link back online for those who want to use it, and/or get the new site working properly in chrome and streamline the booking workflow for power users.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:09 pm

Deleted

Last edited by starbug; May 20, 2020 at 11:11 pm
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by starbug
I'll add my feedback to previously reported issues with Chrome. The nationalcar.com website does not work with Chrome on OS X. Login and search for reservations or bookings just times out. Website works fine with Safari.

Pretty major fail for their IT/QA team IMO. It's not like Chrome is an unknown browser.
If their IT/QA team is ummmm "co-located" with their 'offshore' customer service team, the failure is perfectly understandable.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Seriously, National are you reading your social media feedback?? Get the old website link back online for those who want to use it, and/or get the new site working properly in chrome and streamline the booking workflow for power users.
I have to laugh when the response on Facebook to the outrage over the site not working is "We're not aware of any problems with our website." Umm, you have tons of people on Facebook complaining about the site, so repeating over and over again that you're not aware of problems is pretty stupid & tone deaf.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I must be in the minority that has little if any issues with the new site. The only issue I consitantly have is the PCAR/LCAR discount for Exect/Elite not showing up in the pricing until a few hours or even days after booked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.