Wiki Posts
Search

Using free days for weekly rental

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2015, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott LT Titanium, '20 Ambassador
Using free days for weekly rental

Couldn't find a prior thread on this, apologize if it's been discussed previously.

I just earned my 7th free rental day. I want to get a car free for 7 days in HNL next month. When I only had 6 free days and searched for cars the rates came up as weekly and priced out as free (except taxes).

Would I be safe applying just the 6 days to the rental and keeping the car for the 7th or will they try to charge me something on top of the taxes/fees?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 12:48 pm

based on my experience, and this is an example - if the weekly rate is $175 and had 6 free days you would pay $25 plus taxes and fees.

enjoy your trip!

Originally Posted by JonasCLT
Couldn't find a prior thread on this, apologize if it's been discussed previously.

I just earned my 7th free rental day. I want to get a car free for 7 days in HNL next month. When I only had 6 free days and searched for cars the rates came up as weekly and priced out as free (except taxes).

Would I be safe applying just the 6 days to the rental and keeping the car for the 7th or will they try to charge me something on top of the taxes/fees?
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:48 pm
s3n

Programs: Avis First, Hertz Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by JonasCLT

I'd assume you'd get charged for that extra day (it may charge you the weekly rate but you don't have all your rental days covered by free days). The easiest way to check is to see whether you get charged for an extra fee when you try to book a 7-day rental only using 6 days. That will be what the rental location will charge you.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 3:29 pm
formerly memoses

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Something or another, HH Blue :), National EE, Sixt Plat
I would try a few mock reservations and see what happens. If you make a week long rental, try variations of your free days to see what the net is. Whatever final agreement you book will be what they charge you. Easy peasy!
Old Oct 13, 2015, 10:09 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
I've never been able to use more than 3 free days on any reservation. We had the same plan as the OP when in Hawaii, but had to make two 3-day reservations to use 6 free days. We had to return the vehicle to the airport and rent another.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by aww3583
I've never been able to use more than 3 free days on any reservation. We had the same plan as the OP when in Hawaii, but had to make two 3-day reservations to use 6 free days. We had to return the vehicle to the airport and rent another.
Actually you can use up to 7 'regular' free days per rental - these are the days that are stored in your Emerald Club account... per the terms:
'Free Days are combinable up to seven (7) consecutive days maximum on one rental. Members may redeem Free Days for periods of no longer than seven (7) Free Days per rental transaction.'

The 'coupon' One Two Free days - you can only use 3 per reservation.

Ron.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.