Wiki Posts
Search

Email: SiriusXM for a Fee

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2015, 7:07 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by piper28
I noticed on the 2016 Impala that we currently have, on the barcode sticker, after the car style and trim, there's an SXM code. Kinda wonder if that's related to the whole siriusxm thing, and what it really means. Honestly haven't checked on whether the siriusxm is active (gm car, I'd doubt it anyways), because I don't listen to it anyways. Just thought it was odd to see SXM on the sticker. (Could be complete coincidence, I haven't paid enough attention to those stickers to know if that's common there or not.)
I had a 2015 Terrain that also had that notation on the key/barcode sticker.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Just picked up a 2016 Impala (new body style) with the XM sticker in the rear window, and "SXM" on the barcode sticker on the rear passenger window. It only had 1,500 miles on the odometer.

Turned it on and had full XM service. I was unable to figure out if it was on the original factory free trial or someone re-activated a 7 or 30-day trial.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 7:54 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
Quick reminder to all...

SiriusXM is free over the holiday period - with the new pay for it policy, I wanted to relate my experience this past week.

Arrived Monday AM @ ORD, fortunately, I had heard the SiriusXM promotion during the Sunday Night NFL game. Asked the checkout attendant to enable the subscription in my vehicle (completed within 3 min). Upon return, reviewed the receipt and found a charge for the 2 days...went inside and spoke with MOD Margaret, who removed the charge with no issue.

So, if driving National over the holiday and wanting satellite, ask the attendant to enable the service (as it probably will not be enabled) and check the receipt upon return to have the charge removed if assessed.

Also, appeared to be the entire lineup as opposed to the limited version.

Safe travels to all over this Holiday!!
Old Mar 28, 2016, 11:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Any new workarounds on this issue? Any recent luck reactivating trial subscriptions by calling SXM? I've got a car for the better part of two weeks including a 90 mile one way journey and then the 90 mile return. Have an inactive SXM LaCrosse. In the past 8 weeks at SFO I've only gotten one car recently that had active SXM - a Regal T with really nice pickup!
Old Mar 29, 2016, 2:23 am

Programs: National EE
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Any new workarounds on this issue? Any recent luck reactivating trial subscriptions by calling SXM? I've got a car for the better part of two weeks including a 90 mile one way journey and then the 90 mile return. Have an inactive SXM LaCrosse. In the past 8 weeks at SFO I've only gotten one car recently that had active SXM - a Regal T with really nice pickup!
There's a workaround to activate the free trial without a credit card. If you google it you'll find it.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 9:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by matrixca7
There's a workaround to activate the free trial without a credit card. If you google it you'll find it.
Yes, let's avoid discussing specifics otherwise the alleged shortcuts will be plugged.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 10:26 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
My workaround loophole was closed this morning. I tried twice online and two phone calls and was told both times "You'll have to contact the rental car agency to activate any service on this vehicle."

It was fun while it lasted.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 9:57 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
If it's what I found online, it didn't work for me either. Says radio already either has a trial or regular subscription active.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 5:26 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
If it's what I found online, it didn't work for me either. Says radio already either has a trial or regular subscription active.
That's the usual process -- but then you were able to click the link to refresh the signal and it would start working. Doesn't work for me anymore now, even after refresh the radio doesn't reactivate any channels...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.