Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Your Coupon Cannot Be Applied to This Reservation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your Coupon Cannot Be Applied to This Reservation

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2015, 11:38 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by kaaria
I have had similar problem with the new website, when I reverted back to classic site coupons worked
Problems here as well, old website, new website, doesn't matter...Mostly trying Entertainment Book discounts, which always work for me...The particular one I'm trying to apply says this:

• Reserve any size car in the United States or Canada.
  • Requires a 5-day minimum rental.
  • Valid through 06/30/16.

When I try to book for August (2015), a seven-day rental, within the USA, I get this message:

• Coupon ND9358JGH will expire prior to rental.

I've tried other coupons with the same result. All valid well into 2016, all showing up as 'expiring prior to rental'.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 4:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
Problems here as well, old website, new website, doesn't matter...Mostly trying Entertainment Book discounts, which always work for me...The particular one I'm trying to apply says this:

• Reserve any size car in the United States or Canada.
  • Requires a 5-day minimum rental.
  • Valid through 06/30/16.

When I try to book for August (2015), a seven-day rental, within the USA, I get this message:

• Coupon ND9358JGH will expire prior to rental.

I've tried other coupons with the same result. All valid well into 2016, all showing up as 'expiring prior to rental'.
I get a 'capacity check' error when trying to use this coupon code - I posted something on their FB page to get this whole coupon fiasco fixed, but of course, no comment.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by moze
Well... That's deceptive. A premium vehicle is available to rent for my dates; however, no premiums are available once I enter the "$25 off premium or luxury" coupon for the same dates...

That is not right.

Edit: However, I am able to select premium using the coupon using the mobile app. Also, perhaps just a fluke, but I verified that you can bypass the capacity error by using the mobile app to book.
I've been running into this, too, and have also been able to work around the couple reservations I needed to make by using the app. IIRC, I clicked through to the reservation directly from the "Specials" tab in the app, and the reservation took as expected.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 12:32 pm

Has anyone heard anything back from National? I'm using the coupons right off their website and when I called the CSR just said that the limit for coupons has been met and that's why it's not working
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by R2134
Has anyone heard anything back from National? I'm using the coupons right off their website and when I called the CSR just said that the limit for coupons has been met and that's why it's not working
Posted on FB, no reply from National just as expected
Old Jul 1, 2015, 7:19 am

Programs: Kimpton IC, Voila Platinum, Club Carlson Gold Elite,National EE, Hertz PC, Avis First, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by R2134
I think that's bull. If they send you a coupon, you should be able to use it. Putting a quota on a deal that was targeted to you is nonsense and bad business practice.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 1:09 pm

I have had similar problem with the new website, when I reverted back to classic site coupons worked
Thanks a lot, reverting to Classic site solved the problem for me too
Old Sep 5, 2015, 9:32 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver

This worked for me for a while. But now site has stopped allowing me to "stack" meaning using my Emerald Club contract number with an Entertainment $30 off coupon (forcing entertainment contract ID, which is fine). I use these several times a year at OGG and LIH - now they are saying that the coupons are not allowed at the facilities. Have they made coupons unusable in Hawaii, or is it a glitch?
Old Nov 17, 2015, 5:01 pm

Anybody having any success with the codes on few So Cal locations. Its still not working (the classic site does not work properly)
Old Nov 25, 2015, 7:10 pm

Programs: MR PL, Hyatt GP Diamond, HH Gold, UA Silver, WN A-LIst, National EE
I was having the same experiences described above (especially with respect to pickups at LAX). Coupon worked perfectly on the mobile app. It's a shame that a company makes you do a song and dance to just get what THEY are offering.

Unfortunately, I have resolved myself to the idea that it is sadly no better anywhere else.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Even worse, my mother transferred over 3 free days she couldn't use before expiry and National converted them into coupon codes instead of depositing into my account as free days - and you guessed it - the coupons are embargoed through end of year at any location I use.

Old Jan 7, 2016, 5:48 pm

Same story but different day.

Attempting to use One-Two-Free coupons and cannot. System returned "not accepted at this location".....

Turns out OTF coupons are not valid for Manhattan, NYC rentals. Airports yes, but not elsewhere. Astor Place and the rest aren't "participating" in OTF at this time so that is that. Don't think will bother with the promotion next year if this is the case.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
I use free weekend day coupons all the time and have been having trouble lately. I guess I didn't realize that they are capacity controlled, depending on the rental itself. For example, it wouldn't work on the website, but after talking with a supervisor on the phone it worked for Saturday noon to Monday evening, but if I tried to do Friday to Monday or Saturday to Tuesday it wouldn't work. Very frustrating.

The error codes are very misleading though. Even though I'm pretty sure it's a capacity error, this is the error it showed on the website:
We're sorry, but this coupon isn't currently accepted at the location you selected. Please choose a different location, or adjust your date and/or time selections to continue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.