Search

Frequent Traveler Service Charge

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2015, 2:04 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Frequent Traveler Service Charge

A first time booker here with National. I normally use Hertz and earn their own credits. As I'm not sure I will use National very often I prefer to earn partner credits, thinking about Club Carlson.

I wonder if they will charge the "Frequent Traveler Service Charge" when earning points in the Club Carlson program. Their program terms are not very clear. Is it correct they're only charged when renting in US and only on selected programs. When looking on the Emerald club site they don't mention Club Carlson when speaking about the service charge.

On the Club Carlson site they mention the service change on the earnings page of National..... seems a bit contradictory.

Rental Credits cannot be earned outside US if I'm correct. So, as I will be renting in Argentina, will I earn anything. (can you earn miles outside US?)
Old Jul 29, 2015, 12:32 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by kcaluwae
A first time booker here with National. I normally use Hertz and earn their own credits. As I'm not sure I will use National very often I prefer to earn partner credits, thinking about Club Carlson.

I wonder if they will charge the "Frequent Traveler Service Charge" when earning points in the Club Carlson program. Their program terms are not very clear. Is it correct they're only charged when renting in US and only on selected programs. When looking on the Emerald club site they don't mention Club Carlson when speaking about the service charge.

On the Club Carlson site they mention the service change on the earnings page of National..... seems a bit contradictory.

Rental Credits cannot be earned outside US if I'm correct. So, as I will be renting in Argentina, will I earn anything. (can you earn miles outside US?)
Sorry to bump this one. Did some extra research, I suppose I won't earn a single thing but still did not find this specified anywhere. The T&C mentions when rental credits are earned (6.1) but does not mention the same rules apply to earning miles (5). The only restriction mentioned about earning miles is that those cannot be earned on Enterprise rentals.

As such it seems you would be able to earn third party points/miles but no rental credits. Seems a bit odd but that is what I would conclude...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.