National Free Weekend Day Promo Code

Old May 20, 2015, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
National Free Weekend Day Promo Code

Hi Folks,
I have a quick question for you guys regarding discount code I applied to a future rental. My original booking is from a Friday night to Monday night, and I randomly set a time for 8:30pm for pickup and return. I have the amex platinum contract price as well as the free emerald exec status. While doing my research, I did the obligatory retailmenot search for a promo code and indeed found a free weekend day code with a three day minimum rental. Code is NF44Z5JDL and a quick search references it back to BJ's travel site. Because this is an airport booking, it saved me $82 dollars!

Well now I actually booked my flight and I will arrive later than 8:30pm (around 10:00pm) and I will return the vehicle before my flight back at 6:00pm. I tried to log in and modify my booking, but then it says the discount code cant be applied anymore. I am guessing because I don't meet the three day minimum anymore?

My question is two part. The first is, will I get away with using the discount code on top of my amex contract price even though I have no affiliation with BJ's? And second, will something happen to my reservation (and discount upon returning) if I leave the time as is and pickup the vehicle later than reserved and return the vehicle early so that I don't meet the 3 day minimum?

Thanks in advance
Old May 20, 2015, 3:37 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
You do meet the minimum for the three day rental. 2 days + 2 hours? is the minimum for a three day rental. What likely happened is they maxed out the number of coupons they will accept that weekend. As long as you don't modify the reservation, the coupon should be there when you get there.
Old May 20, 2015, 5:42 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Marriott Bonfire Titanium, Hilton Gold, United Premier Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RXSF

Well now I actually booked my flight and I will arrive later than 8:30pm (around 10:00pm) and I will return the vehicle before my flight back at 6:00pm. I tried to log in and modify my booking, but then it says the discount code cant be applied anymore. I am guessing because I don't meet the three day minimum anymore?
No need to change reservations or rebook for such a small time difference. The reservation stays active for at least 6 hours after the pickup time, more if you put your flight number in and it's delayed.

Also, the previous poster is correct. If the daily rate is say $50, the hourly rate will be something like $30 an hour. as soon as your hourly total exceeds $50, it will charge you the daily rate. So in your case, your free day will still be valid.
Old May 21, 2015, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
thanks guys. Just making sure that they won't verify the promo code I use.
Old May 21, 2015, 7:31 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Never use a code or coupon you are not entitled to use. While unlikely, you could be asked to show proof of eligibility (for instance a BJ's card), and if you're unable to produce such proof you could be denied the use of the coupon or code.
Old May 26, 2015, 3:42 pm

Just use National's own free weekend day coupon from the national website for the same effect with 0 risk.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.