Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Litigation in Las Vegas settled

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2015, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Litigation in Las Vegas settled

National settled suit that it overcharged LAS renters, details of proposed settlement HERE

Note that the original plaintiffs will get $10K each; the lawyers' fees are somewhat more.

Not clear what the total cost of the settlement will be but I will get a couple of free days from it, and I only had a handful of rentals in Las Vegas during the period referenced by the complaint.

MEMORANDUM OF POINTS AND AUTHORITIES
I. INTRODUCTION
Plaintiffs respectfully submit this Memorandum in support of their Motion for Attorneys’ Fees, Costs and Incentive Payments (“Motion”) in connection with the settlement of this class action litigation (“Settlement”). Plaintiffs request attorneys’ fees, costs and modest payments to the named plaintiffs, totaling $2,625,000, all to be paid by Defendants over and above the relief provided to the Class. The request is fair and reasonable based on the size of the Settlement, the amount of time expended throughout the litigation, the delay in compensation for counsel’s efforts and the other factors evaluated by the courts. Defendants Enterprise Leasing Company – West, LLC (“Enterprise”) and Vanguard Car Rental USA, LLC (“Vanguard”) (collectively, “Defendants”) have agreed not to oppose an award up to that amount...
In light of the efforts undertaken by the Representative Plaintiffs in furtherance of this matter on behalf of the entire Class, Plaintiffs’ counsel also negotiated that Defendants would not object to a request that the representative Plaintiffs were entitled to modest incentive awards, in an amount not to exceed a total of $20,000. Class counsel propose that the Court make such awards in the amount of $10,000 each to the representative Plaintiffs for their efforts in this case, which amounts to be paid out of attorneys’ fees to be awarded to Class counsel.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 6:04 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Clearer link to the settlement for those other than the plaintiffs and lawyers is here.

Basically, you can either opt for a check for 80% of the fees paid, or 1-5 free day vouchers depending on the fees you were charged.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Received a check for $10.92 that arrived in the mail this past week.

Last edited by dgreen12; Nov 16, 2015 at 9:55 am
Old Nov 16, 2015, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Free day vouchers received today. They look to be good for one-ways, too, in a test booking.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: DL Diamond MM, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, Marriott Silver, National Exec Elite
Got my 4 free days last week. Nice! Anyone aware of a list of which facilities are corporate owned vs franchised?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.