Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discount Codes?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Discount Codes?

I haven't been on this site in almost a year. I thought there used to be a listing of discount codes for National? Not looking for anything that I am not allowed to use but I thought many of them were open to the public. Is this gone or am I just not finding it? Thanks!
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:48 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
It's gone. National had it taken down.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
It's gone. National had it taken down.
Not exactly. A little background:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/natio...ot-wacked.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/natio...ion-codes.html
Old Mar 31, 2015, 9:48 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Google is your friend. Search elsewhere.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 9:20 am

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Amen

Originally Posted by dtremit
Google is your friend. Search elsewhere.
Surprised that National is so naive as to think that information like this won't continue to circulate - and that "making it harder" on their best customers doesn't make us like them more.

Plenty of sites cached this information, and if you really need the original Flyertalk list I'm sure someone here could PM a copy of it to you. Not worth all that much IMO; quite a few of the codes have been changed over the years.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 8:10 am

I have searched "The Google Machine" and cant find another forum as good as this was.

I found a few like FatWallet and some Disney ones but none near as good as this was.

Feel free to PM me if this is out of line of if you have a site im thinking of

Ty
Old Apr 19, 2015, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by cdnacadian
I have searched "The Google Machine" and cant find another forum as good as this was.

I found a few like FatWallet and some Disney ones but none near as good as this was.

Ty
Pm me as well... :-)
Old Apr 19, 2015, 5:46 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM

Ty
Originally Posted by joa_bj
Pm me as well... :-)
Straying a bit close to the line here...Y'all are welcome to do whatever you want, but please do not re-post any discount codes on this forum. But, to summarize, yes, they are available elsewhere and yes, not that valuable either.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:44 am

Just to be clear I was looking for a link to a site that offers more info on codes. or a forum that has a good selection (as they are not allowed here) I don't want to break any rules or post any codes here.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 10:34 am

Just to be clear I was looking for a link to a site that offers more info on codes. or a forum that has a good selection (as they are not allowed here) I don't want to break any rules or post any codes here.
No worries. They've all been mentioned in this thread. If you know how to use the Internet I'm sure you'll have no trouble at all finding them. I'm not meaning that in a sarcastic way at all; it truly is that easy. However, we aren't posting them or guiding folks to them here any more.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 6:45 pm

Wow, very surprised that Xu Guans post was deleted as it did not post any codes. But ty for the link its appreciated. Amazing forum!
Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:52 pm

Wow, very surprised that Xu Guans post was deleted as it did not post any codes. But ty for the link its appreciated. Amazing forum!
No, but he posted specific instructions, which I warned earlier not to post.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 8:17 pm

No disrespect, but where did you say anything about not posting specific instructions?

Last edited by cdnacadian; Apr 22, 2015 at 8:19 pm Reason: Grammar
Old Apr 22, 2015, 8:49 pm

I suppose that was implied. That's like saying don't post the word "bread" but then linking to a recipe of how to make bread. It's the same principle. In accordance with the wishes of the last person who maintained the now gone discount codes thread, and without comment on my own feelings about the issue, we've been trying not to draw any more unwanted negative corporate attention to our forum here.

If there's anything further you'd like to discuss feel free to take it to a private message. Thanks.

-dwbf11
National Mod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.