Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

World Elite Mastercard apparently gives Executive status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World Elite Mastercard apparently gives Executive status

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2015, 1:51 pm

Thanks guys, I also now see the Executive status in my account. Do you think we can maintain that and still rent a car at rates from our previous "employer" or contract number?
Old Sep 11, 2015, 2:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
Originally Posted by Catifan
Thanks guys, I also now see the Executive status in my account. Do you think we can maintain that and still rent a car at rates from our previous "employer" or contract number?
Should be able to. You'll just need to supply the contract number as an override every time you make a reservation.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:43 pm

Alright, guess I'll just have to try it next time.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 8:13 am

Alright,

I have been a regular EA member. I have used the above link and completed all the required info (I do not have a Mastercard (and do not work for Mastercard - I simply used my Visa info).
Within minutes, my profile updated to 'Executive'.
Anything else I need to do?
Would this in any way effect my insurance/liability?

Starting a new reservation, I can manually deactivate the Mastercard contract.
Executive status remains the same..

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by rentalcar1; Sep 13, 2015 at 8:46 am
Old Sep 18, 2015, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Exec Citi, NZ* G, Nat EE, Avis PP, HH Gold
Originally Posted by SteamyUncle
Thanks a bunch...
As seamless as it gets !
Let's see how we fare with Enterprise in France now :-)
Originally Posted by starbug
Thanks for posting. Saved me a call to the concierge.

I used link below to enroll and my status shows "EC Executive", Company "MASTERCARD ELITE".
Originally Posted by Debrian Travels
This new link worked for me like a charm. And it appears I can use my Chase Sapphire Preferred card as my default credit card. As the other poster, I prefer the coverage on that card for car rentals.
Glad I could help! I did a bunch of reading before calling, so I hoped it would save someone else the headache.

My Sapphire Preferred disappeared from my profile somehow while doing this, and I had problems adding it back as my default card. Going to the legacy National site, https://legacy.nationalcar.com, allowed me to fix the problem.

Originally Posted by Catifan
My employer is still listed as my default contract when reserving, even after doing this. I have also successfully rented on other "employers" contract numbers since then, simply by replacing it in the reservation like normal.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Exec Citi, NZ* G, Nat EE, Avis PP, HH Gold
Originally Posted by rentalcar1
Alright,

I have been a regular EA member. I have used the above link and completed all the required info (I do not have a Mastercard (and do not work for Mastercard - I simply used my Visa info).
Within minutes, my profile updated to 'Executive'.
Anything else I need to do?
Would this in any way effect my insurance/liability?

Starting a new reservation, I can manually deactivate the Mastercard contract.
Executive status remains the same..

Thanks a lot!
If it worked, I say run with it.

Your insurance/liability will depend on the contract number you use, not your status. So I would just make sure to use one that you either have rights to use, or one that doesn't carry LDW/CDW. Then your insurance can be covered by your car insurance and/or credit card, assuming you have one of those options available that will cover rental cars.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 1:07 pm

I called the MC concierge to get this link - should have known there was a FT thread about it. Here are the other links they send you, for those who are interested in Alamo or Sixt:
Avis Car Rental:

World Elite MasterCard Avis Preferred Service Enrollment

As a World Elite card holder you have the ability to drive away with your choice of rental with Avis. Your World Elite benefits include complimentary status in the Avis Preferred Service program and much more. In order to receive “Preferred” status please click on the link below, complete the enrollment form and submit the application to Avis. Avis will send you your Preferred Service account number. Once enrolled you will be able to skip the lines and paperwork and go directly to your car at over 2,800 locations worldwide.

Avis Preferred:
https://www.avis.com/car-rental/profile/go.ac?K115600

Avis First:
(Please note that this link below is suspended – Please call us with your Avis Preferred number and we will send this to Avis to be manually upgraded to Avis First so you may receive your member benefits below)
http://www.mastercard.us/travel/worl...tml?id=1448778
Sixt Car Rental:

World Elite MasterCard Car Promotion with Sixt Car Rental

As a World Elite card holder you have the ability to drive away with your choice of rental with Sixt Rent A Car. Your World Elite benefits include complimentary elite status in the Sixt loyalty program and much more. In order to receive elite status please click on the link below, complete the enrollment form and submit the application to Sixt. Sixt will send your identification number to the email address provided. Once received, provide the number to your MasterCard Travel Services Travel Advisor and your ready to drive.

www.sixt.com/cwt-platinum
Old Mar 8, 2017, 5:50 pm

Are they still doing this?

National says no here. "Unfortunately the opportunity to enroll at the Executive level is no longer available."

Mastercard says yes here. "Complimentary Emerald Club Executive Service® membership for rentals in the USA and Canada"
Old Mar 8, 2017, 7:48 pm

The first link goes talking about business travel so maybe it's a different benefit?
Old Mar 24, 2017, 12:11 pm

It looks like it's gone as of 12/31/16. I haven't seen an updated list of credit cards that offer this. I think the last one I saw was dated early 2016.

http://www.worldelite.mastercard.com...r-rental1.html
Old Apr 4, 2017, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by corncob
If it worked, I say run with it.

Your insurance/liability will depend on the contract number you use, not your status. So I would just make sure to use one that you either have rights to use, or one that doesn't carry LDW/CDW. Then your insurance can be covered by your car insurance and/or credit card, assuming you have one of those options available that will cover rental cars.
I upgraded to American Express Executive (I do not have an Amex card) and made a reservation for the Executive Area using Visa Canada code (I do have Visa card but not from Canada). As I am from Europe my reservation includes CDW. Do you think that this reservation will not have any insurance issues in case I need it ?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 7:26 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by recreant
I upgraded to American Express Executive (I do not have an Amex card) and made a reservation for the Executive Area using Visa Canada code (I do have Visa card but not from Canada). As I am from Europe my reservation includes CDW. Do you think that this reservation will not have any insurance issues in case I need it ?
You have identified at least two potential problems: signing up for status you are not entitled to have, and making a reservation using a code it sounds like you are not entitled to use. Either of those would be sufficient to invalidate any CDW in the event of a loss. I would suggest re-making your reservation using codes that you are entitled to use, at a minimum.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by dwbf11
You have identified at least two potential problems: signing up for status you are not entitled to have, and making a reservation using a code it sounds like you are not entitled to use. Either of those would be sufficient to invalidate any CDW in the event of a loss. I would suggest re-making your reservation using codes that you are entitled to use, at a minimum.

As for status I don't think that would be an issue in terms of invalidating CDW but the visa Canada code probably will.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:41 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by Closingracer
As for status I don't think that would be an issue in terms of invalidating CDW but the visa Canada code probably will.
I would consider fraud to be a valid reason for National to terminate membership in the Emerald Club program...but yes, we agree, either way this is not a good situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.