Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Renting a mid-size SUV out of Las Vegas (LAS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2014, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

Question about renting out of LAS. I am reserving a mid-size SUV from Alamo but I know they share the same fleet as National out of Vegas.

I was wondering if anyone knows what my chances are of getting a car from this class that has AWD/4WD and cruise control. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Nov 24, 2014, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
So if I understand your question -- with a midsize SUV will you perhaps get a car with 4WD/AWD?

There aren't lot of cars in the fleet with AWD but you might get lucky with a Subaru -- there are some around.

If you are asking if your mid-size SUV will have AWD? I think chances are decent, but not guaranteed. There are a number of mid-size SUVs that are 2WD.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by noah
So if I understand your question -- with a midsize SUV will you perhaps get a car with 4WD/AWD?
Yes, that is my main question. The jump from a mid-size SUV to a standard SUV is pretty signifigant, and we will need a 4WD car for our trip (out of Las Vegas).

Thanks for the info, appreciate it.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
My advice is to make multiple reservations -- one for a full size SUV at one agency, and one for a mid-size SUV at Alamo. That way if they only have 2WD and the upgrade charge is horrendous, you have a backup.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:26 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Not sure where you intend to go but keep in mind that off roading or any sort of off-paved road travel is forbidden by the rental agreement.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:34 am
Original Poster

noah: thanks for the advice, I took it.

dwbf11: Thanks for the info. I was aware of rental agreements and off-roading. We don't plan on doing any, but we will be in the mountains and in the snow, and I'd rather have a 4x4 in case the weather is bad.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 11:37 am

Programs: Dust...
Not sure if this helps but last weekend there were no less than 5 midsize or larger SUVs in exectitive. Two were Tourages both under 10k miles and both had an off road switch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.