Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maserati Ghibli coming to National

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2014, 11:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Saw one sitting at the front of the lot at MCO last week (Monday night). Seriously thought about it, but since my rental was for 5 days, really couldn't justify it. I swear the sign in the window only said $50 extra per day though.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:58 am

Programs: UA, AA, BA, National EE, Hertz President Circle, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriot Silver
I wish I was there... but for 5 days. don't know...
Old Dec 10, 2014, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Maserati Ghibli coming to National

Saw 2 at the Boston location today at around noon.(100 dollar upsell). Was told that you may need to have proof of additional insurance before being allowed off the lot in the car (unless you are an emerald member)
Old Dec 10, 2014, 7:16 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by isaacliu
Saw 2 at the Boston location today at around noon.(100 dollar upsell). Was told that you may need to have proof of additional insurance before being allowed off the lot in the car (unless you are an emerald member)
Anyone know about unlimited mileage? Also if your rate includes LDW does that mean you're covered? Was just checking my insurance and it has a limit on rental price rather than vehicle price of $100USD/day so that's not good enough...
Old Dec 12, 2014, 6:25 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
Anyone know about unlimited mileage? Also if your rate includes LDW does that mean you're covered? Was just checking my insurance and it has a limit on rental price rather than vehicle price of $100USD/day so that's not good enough...
I submitted questions to National via the website about unlimited mileage, use of free days, etc. in conjunction with the Maserati.

National's awesome customer service (sarcasm) replied with "the corporate customer service reps can't quote reservation prices because they change on an hourly basis. Please contact the rental station from which you wish to rent for more information."

Of course, as detailed many times on this forum, the local stations don't pick up the phone when contacted.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 1:14 pm

My second email to National:

Can Emerald Club Free Days be used to rent the Maserati Ghibli?

Is there a mileage limit when renting the Maserati Ghibli? If so, how many miles per day are we limited to?

What proofs of additional insurance are required when renting the Maserati Ghibli?
National's Response:
Thank you for your email! My name is Kierra, and I have researched query!

Free days are only valid for economy - full sized vehicles. You can try contacting the location directly to see if they'd allow you to utilize your free day and pay the difference for the car class change.

Please enjoy the rest of your day!
Old Dec 12, 2014, 1:15 pm

Edit.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
I rented one in SAN and both my corporate LDW and unlimited mileage carried over from my original fullsize reservation.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by aww3583
My second email to National:

National's Response:
Well given that you are EE, that response is wrong. Free days for EE's are good on any car class and I don't see any obvious restrictions. It certainly does not top out at Full Size.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Well given that you are EE, that response is wrong. Free days for EE's are good on any car class and I don't see any obvious restrictions. It certainly does not top out at Full Size.
While the response is wrong for EE, and while the chart on the website says any car category, if you actually look at the full rules, exotics and trucks are excluded from free days for EE. (By trucks they clearly don't mean suv's or really even pick-ups, I don't know if any locations rent more of a real truck or not.) I would assume they would classify a Maserati as an exotic. (Now, a location might still be willing to upgrade one from a free day, but I'd expect to pay for it.)
Old Dec 14, 2014, 2:05 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
It just doesn't make any sense to me that someone with an economy reservation ($20 per day) only has to pay the same $100 up fee per day as the other person who has a luxury/premium SUV reservation ($80+ per day) to get to rent a Masarati. Am I missing something here?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 6:57 am

I asked my questions about the Ghibli to National through the website again.

1. Is there a mileage limit when renting the Maserati Ghibli? 2. What proof of additional insurance is required when renting the Masterati Ghibli? 3. Can I reserve an economy car and use an Emerald Club Free Day, and pay the $100 per day upcharge for the Maserati? OR Do I have to reserve a luxury car class and pay the $100 per day upcharge?
This was their response:

This information is best answered by a reservation representative or the representatives at the Emerald Club assistance department.
It appears National's customer service Help Desk knows nothing about the T&C's associated with the Ghibli.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 4:57 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I'll be at MCO in early-January, so I'll see if it's available then. Unfortunately I'm on a 3-day 1-2-F redemption and won't want to pay-up for the privileged, plus I'm doing one-way to WDW so I doubt they'd let me take it anyway...
Old Dec 17, 2014, 7:05 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I will soon be going to BOS so I will try to snag one then, have to drive up to maine so it will be a good upgrade.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Exclamation

I saw two of these in SEA a couple of weeks ago and would have taken one, but no one in the garage anywhere to help. After wandering around for 15 minutes, I went over to Hertz and got a Jaguar AWD XJL

The Jag was excellent. The 3.0L V6 is twin turbo and has an 8 spd auto with dual clutch. Very smooth and plenty of power. Minor nit: The seat bottom was a bit firm and not like prior Jaguars I've driven.

The AWD was really noticable on the highway on a long drive in a soaking rain. Wind and puddles did not disturb it. ^

The newer Jaguars are tuned a but firmer than older models, but it was really a nice driver overall. Not your father's Jag

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.