Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Annoying trend - ER sections being used as bulk storage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Annoying trend - ER sections being used as bulk storage

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2016, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
Surprised to see such little commentary. Are that few of you making PCAR/LCAR reservations, or have you just given up on Emerald Reserve?
Well PCAR is really quite expensive and rather just use my exec status and get one using my Mid size rate and get one in the aisle. As far as LCAR res goes National doesn't offer LCAR at all in JFK, LGA or any of the non airport locations I usually rent from. Would rent LCAR a few times a year if it was possible with National.
Old May 20, 2016, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by dwbf11
Hey IoM - I appreciate wanting to get an update on folks' experiences but this should just go in the original thread. Going to merge them.

-dwbf11
National Mod
Really, merging with a 1.5 year old thread? Is FT being charged by the post or something?
Old May 21, 2016, 5:28 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Posting duplicate threads about the same topic, regardless of whether some time has elapsed between them, is not permitted. I would direct you to the FT Rules, in particular #6, which can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php

I did not delete your post but simply merged it with the prior thread. If you would prefer me to delete it I can do that, but given that you've had no trouble attracting responses I wanted to leave the information available. If you have any other questions please feel free to send me a PM.
Old May 21, 2016, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
At MIA last week, had a SFAR Standard SUV rental because it was only $1.50 more than the Aisle rental. Only problem was that there were only Fullsize SUVs such as Suburbans in the ER. I ended up walking over to the Executive area and found a Durango which was still bigger than I needed, but I didn't want a sedan.
Old May 25, 2016, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
Surprised to see such little commentary. Are that few of you making PCAR/LCAR reservations, or have you just given up on Emerald Reserve?
I've given up making PCAR reservations. At PDX, if I make a PCAR reservation, I have a high likelihood of getting a high mileage Chrysler 300 (which happened to me the last 2 times I did it). I've actually also sort of given up on National, and am relatively agnostic now between Avis and National. PDX is a terrible location, and the rates have gotten increasingly high, such that for at least one of my trips recently, Hertz was cheaper (and I've never seen that before). There's no point spending more money to get a high mileage Kia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.