Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W 77th St (Manhattan) closing

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2014, 6:40 pm

National within Manhattan is becoming all but useless to me. There are only two locations, Broadway in the Village and West 40th (wherever that garage is moved to), and either way it involves coming from UES picking up a vehicle, use then take it back then find a way to get home best way one knows how (bus, train, taxi).

Made a reservation for Thanksgiving at Broadway location because it was the cheapest and have free days to use, going forward into 2015 will have to see about other options especially for the holidays. May suck it up and go with Enterprise.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 8:01 pm

As described in other threads, National free days can not be used for pick up in Manhattan.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
As described in other threads, National free days can not be used for pick up in Manhattan.
Sez you!

Used my free days last year both for Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday and am doing so again next week. Indeed when spoke with Emerald Club customer service to iron out some problems (original reservation was for East 80th location which now is closed), was told if the counter agent could nor would not apply free days at time of pickup to contact them afterwards and ECCS will credit back my Amex.

When each reservation was made online simply logged onto my Emerald Club account and indicated the number of free days wished to apply.

Yes, it used to be the case that one had to go out to the airports from Manhattan (Newark, LGA or JFK), but that policy was changed several years ago now. Found out when returning a vehicle after Christmas 2011 or 2012 that was rented at LGA and returned to East 80th Street. Was on very good terms with the managers and counter agents who told me that going forward could use my free days in Manhattan.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL DM
You can't use 1-2 Free Days but you CAN use your standard earned free days.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by smachiz
You can't use 1-2 Free Days but you CAN use your standard earned free days.
And I thank you....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.