Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Anyone had trouble with the "Drop & Go" service recently?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2014, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite

4 Rentals in the last week (ORD x 2, IND, DCA) and 3 times I've had to call the locations to get the rentals closed out... In all 3 instances, there was an agent actively doing returns, so I thought I was good to go. Is this just really bad luck or should I not be leaving the car prior to actually seeing an agent anymore? This is (was?) another great National feature and I'd hate to see it go.

Anyone else having trouble?
Old Aug 25, 2014, 9:44 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
The computers were down at a bunch of locations last week, and hand check ins were getting entered manually. I experienced the same issue.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 7:28 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum; HHonors Diamond;Emerald Club Executive Elite

I experienced this 2 weeks ago at EWR. First time it happened in a long time.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Just bad luck IMHO ... I haven't had issues with drop and go for a while.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:16 pm

I had one in July that I had to call the location (DFW) to get closed out. There were about half dozen agents checking in cars, and I parked exactly where they told me to. When I called, they took forever while I was on hold, and confirmed the car was in the lot, and told me they'd post-date it back to about the time I dropped off. This was the only problem I've had with Drop & Go in 2 years. Now, I just wait for an agent to head towards the car before I bolt.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 3:17 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Ive had two problems this summer with doing one way rentals from a corporate location to franchise where they didn't close out the contract and left it open. One time for more than a week. And the second one for more than 3+ weeks and having to get escalations involved.

In other instances where one ways have been done and the keys dropped off the billing is always out of whack (i.e. didn't backdate it and was charged an extra day).

This didn't happen in previous years. So unless you want a billing dispute, you're better off dropping it off to an actual agent.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 3:13 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
I had a colleague return a car at SFO yesterday after he dropped us at the terminal. Told him not to worry about waiting for a receipt due to drop and go. Said that he gave it to an agent.

Now 24 hours later, contract is still open. Worth calling?
Old Sep 6, 2014, 7:54 pm

I must be lucky, except at small locations where I have to go in to the counter anyways, I'm generally still pulling my stuff together when the agents are already at the car working on the checkout. I don't think I've ever had a situation where there's been enough of a wait to just go without doing the checkout.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Follow-up. Called, got nobody. Called again, again nobody.

20 mins ago got the automated email. The check-in time was set to when the reservation was for rather than the actual check-in time and the mileage was way off but the total was correct so thats all that matters in the end.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 5:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by noah
Follow-up. Called, got nobody. Called again, again nobody.

20 mins ago got the automated email. The check-in time was set to when the reservation was for rather than the actual check-in time and the mileage was way off but the total was correct so thats all that matters in the end.
Call the elite line and ask to speak to the executive escalations desk. They should be able to help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.