Search

Towed + ticketed in Miami

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2014, 5:54 pm
mkt
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Towed + ticketed in Miami

So... Miami-Dade parking enforcement in Brickell was exceptionally evil yesterday, and my rental was towed and ticketed yesterday. An hour or so after parking on the street and paying, some temporary "tow away zone" signs were posted, and the car was towed. I won't bother fighting it, since hiring an attorney will probably cost me more than the ticket + towing fee

Anyway, I picked it up at the impound lot and paid their fee, and will be paying the ticket once it appears online. The car was not damaged at all in the towing and impound.

My question is - as long as it's paid, does national have anything they could charge me for? Thanks.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:53 am

If you already received the ticket, I would say no. However, if National receives the ticket they will forward it on to you along with a 'processing' fee. I'm not sure how much it would be, but Avis is $35, so safe to assume it's in that ballpark. You should be able to talk your way out of the fee if it's your first time getting a ticket with them...
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:08 am
mkt
Original Poster

The ticket was on the windshield when I picked up the car at the impound yard. I called the clerk of the courts office to pay the ticket, and they told me it'll take 3 business days for it to appear, at which point I'll pay it immediately.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:34 am

I'm actually amazed that they let you unimpound the car, given that you're not the real owner of it.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 12:00 pm
mkt
Original Poster

The towing company (Molina Towing) said that as long as the rental agreement was in my name, and that the contract was still valid, that they'd let me get the car out.

Ironically, I just got a call from National asking me if I had turned the car in already, because they had just received an email notifying them that the car had been towed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.