Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

New (11/13) Index of Ride Reports and Car Classifications

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New (11/13) Index of Ride Reports and Car Classifications

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2014, 7:52 pm

I'm guessing it's all part of the flap that happened with the codes, since that's about when it disappeared (and drzoidberg seemed to stop posting at all around then). It's a shame, that was definitely a great resource to have. I've almost thought of trying to make my own site of reviews, but since we tend to do monthly rentals, I just don't get enough variance in what we get to make it worth it.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 9:15 am

This seems to be a colder, emptier place since Dr. Z left, but can anyone shed any insight into the present-day difference between LCAR and PCAR? I'm renting for a long weekend in Miami next month, cashing in a free day as part of it, and PCAR is running $163 while LCAR is $222. We'll be driving down to Key West, so we want something that'll be comfortable for eight hours in the car. Last time I rented a PCAR out of Miami I ended up with a Regal with bald tires that was a cramped junkbox for an unpleasant drive to Orlando. If I felt comfortable that I could snag an Azera or a new Genesis in PCAR I'd probably go for it; similarly, if I thought I was going to get stuck with an ATS as an LCAR, I probably wouldn't bother with the upgrade. What mix are people seeing these days? Are the Volvos still around?
Old Oct 5, 2014, 11:44 am

Why did Z leave?
Old Oct 6, 2014, 7:54 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by cjdesmond
This seems to be a colder, emptier place since Dr. Z left, but can anyone shed any insight into the present-day difference between LCAR and PCAR? I'm renting for a long weekend in Miami next month, cashing in a free day as part of it, and PCAR is running $163 while LCAR is $222. We'll be driving down to Key West, so we want something that'll be comfortable for eight hours in the car. Last time I rented a PCAR out of Miami I ended up with a Regal with bald tires that was a cramped junkbox for an unpleasant drive to Orlando. If I felt comfortable that I could snag an Azera or a new Genesis in PCAR I'd probably go for it; similarly, if I thought I was going to get stuck with an ATS as an LCAR, I probably wouldn't bother with the upgrade. What mix are people seeing these days? Are the Volvos still around?
Azera and '15 Genesis are rare PCARs. Likely candidates would be a Chrysler 300/300C, 2014+ Chevrolet Impala (not the Impala Limited), Ford Taurus, Toyota Avalon, or Buick LaCrosse. Regals are pretty rare too.

I am seeing lots of new Volvo S and V60s entering the fleets.

For the LCAR I am seeing a lot of Cadillac ATS and Lincoln MKZ. I've seen some new CTS/XTS as well. Still an odd BMW 5-series, Infiniti Q50, Mercedes C or E Class floating around also, but most of these are fairly de-contented.

Personally I see little reason to make an LCAR reservation unless you want to make an argument for the "best" car they have available that day. Many cars that are normally available on the EA/ES are as nice or nicer than the de-contented LCAR offerings these days. I'd gladly take a Fusion Titanium (FCAR) or a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (SFAR) long before I'd take an ATS or a 3-series with no options.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 10:44 am

Thanks dwbf11. A CTS or XTS would be great, ATS and MKZ less so, as there will be four of us and a long drive. However, I suspect my best option may be to keep the LCAR reservation, try to argue my way into anything else they have on the lot if all I find are an ATS or MKZ, and downgrade myself to PCAR if there are no better options. If nothing else, I've found the MIA folks to be pretty flexible about car classes if you ask, so I'll cross my fingers.

@Earthlings: Because National thought it was a good idea to send their lawyers after their best customer and evangelist, apparently.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/natio...ot-wacked.html
Old Oct 6, 2014, 5:26 pm

@Earthlings: Because National thought it was a good idea to send their lawyers after their best customer and evangelist, apparently.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/natio...ot-wacked.html
He is probably lurking on the boards here. But I wish he could come back and post.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 2:58 pm

i had a pcar reservation at mia a couple of months back.

dont even have a pcar aisle, they had no pcars on the lot, ended up with a low mileage infiniti qx70

Old Dec 5, 2014, 10:08 am

An attendant told me they have the new '15 Mustang 2.3Ls and '16 Chargers. Not sure if it is 2.3L Premium package or not (hopefully)!
Old Dec 5, 2014, 10:13 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
An attendant told me they have the new '15 Mustang 2.3Ls and '16 Chargers. Not sure if it is 2.3L Premium package or not (hopefully)!
I have yet to see a 2.3; so far, all of them I've seen have the 3.5 V6.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.