Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: m907
- No 1-2-F credit for options on 1-day rental (SXM, etc)
- If applying 1-2-F coupons for a rental, as least one day must be paid in order for a National credit to be gained; but at least two- to get any 1-2-F points for anything associated with that rental!
- On longer rentals , 300 points are earned every 4 days

2018-2019: August 23, 2018 through February 28, 2019 - coupons valid until June 13, 2019

2017-2018: August 24, 2017 through February 28 2018, with 12F coupons valid until June 15 2018

2016-2017: August 25, 2016 through February 28 2017

2015-2016: August 2015 through end January 2016, with 12F coupons valid until June 15th 2016
Print Wikipost

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2016, 7:49 am

I could possibly use a free day this year. Are there 2 people new to National I could refer this year, who plan on renting a midsize car for at least 2 consecutive days in the near future?
Old Oct 22, 2016, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
no issues with one-ways. and who says Manhattan is NOT?
Rentals from Manhattan, NYC locations earn points for OTF, but you cannot redeem the coupons for rentals in the City. As with many other National promotions and so forth Manhattan locations (what is left of them) do not participate in OTF. About the only thing you can get out of them is use of Emerald Club award "free days". That is rather new as well because years ago they wouldn't allow this as well.

Unless things have changed this year one knows you cannot redeem OTF coupons in Manhattan from personal experience. Please read upthread about one's efforts from the 2015 OTF promotion coupons and Manhattan locations. When you attempt to make a reservation using the OTF coupon code the system will not allow. Nor can customer service "credit" back a coupon or coupons for previous rentals or book using same.

Not sure about Brooklyn, NY but the only places near NYC you can redeem OTF coupons are the airports. That or going up to Westchester or out to Long Island or New Jersey.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 12:21 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Currently going back and forth with CS to get the measly 25 pts for an Emerald Reserve rental. First response was that I was charged for one car class less than I reserved (and drove), so it didn't qualify. Of course, that is the standard benefit of Executive and above, so I responded and pointed that out. Got another response apologizing for the earlier response and was told the info was being sent to the "loyalty department".

Is it really this hard? Has anyone received the Emerald Reserve bonus points?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 12:04 pm

Currently waiting a week already, after request submitted to finally credit 25 points for downloading APP and 75 points for reserving on APP...Next time I follow-up I'll ask them to simply credit me a day - if tech support is so cumbersome
Old Oct 24, 2016, 1:21 am

You don't get rental credits even if you paid for a few days on top of using on of the coupons? Had a 3 day rental with one coupon and got zero credits.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Closingracer
You don't get rental credits even if you paid for a few days on top of using on of the coupons? Had a 3 day rental with one coupon and got zero credits.
Rental Credit for what? This promo or for regular free days?
Old Oct 24, 2016, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Rental Credit for what? This promo or for regular free days?
For the promo. I used one coupon and paid for 2 days
Old Oct 25, 2016, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
anyone successfully earned the 300 points credit for one way rentals? i think the T&C exclude it, but i was wondering if the IT matched the T&C. i have a long rental (8 or 9 days) i need to reserve for and i was hoping i might be able to increase my earning by splitting it out among a few rentals, swapping cars along the way.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
anyone successfully earned the 300 points credit for one way rentals? i think the T&C exclude it, but i was wondering if the IT matched the T&C. i have a long rental (8 or 9 days) i need to reserve for and i was hoping i might be able to increase my earning by splitting it out among a few rentals, swapping cars along the way.
No issues with one-ways for 300 points; only APP 75 points not hitting up
Old Oct 26, 2016, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Currently going back and forth with CS to get the measly 25 pts for an Emerald Reserve rental. First response was that I was charged for one car class less than I reserved (and drove), so it didn't qualify. Of course, that is the standard benefit of Executive and above, so I responded and pointed that out. Got another response apologizing for the earlier response and was told the info was being sent to the "loyalty department".

Is it really this hard? Has anyone received the Emerald Reserve bonus points?
ARRRRGGGGHHHHH

I'm still circling the drain on this. The most recent responses:
  1. You have already received the points. My response - no I haven't, here's a list of everything yI received. Their response - yes you have, here's a list of everything you've earned. In the list there is no listing for 25 points anywhere
  2. Got forwarded to a supervisor who switched back to - You paid for an intermediate, so you're not eligible. Oh, and also, you need to rent Premium or higher (which of course is not in the terms)

On the plus side, they did (for some unknown reason) send me a list of every bonus opportunity (points and number of times you can earn are the numbers at the end):

Add SiriusXM Radio
The SiriusXM bonus opportunity will be available to all members in the United States. The member must complete any rental with XM radio added to their rental to earn the bonus points. Successful completion of this bonus opportunity will result in the member earning 300 bonus points. 300 1

Weeklong Rental
This bonus opportunity will be available to some members based on their rental history prior to the launch of the promotion. Eligible members must complete a weekly rental of at least five days. Successful completion of this bonus opportunity will result in the member earning 200 bonus points. These bonus points will be in addition to the 300 points the member will receive for completing a qualifying rental. 200 1

Home City Rental
This bonus opportunity will be available to members based on their rental history prior to the launch of the promotion. The member must complete a rental at an Enterprise Neighborhood location using his or her Emerald Club number on the reservation. A member can earn this bonus opportunity up to three times. Each successful completion of this bonus opportunity will result in the member earning 200 bonus points, with a maximum earning potential of 600 points for this bonus opportunity. up to 600 3

Mobile App Rental
This bonus opportunity will be available to all members. The member must make a reservation using the National Mobile App and complete that rental within the dates of the promotion. Each member has unlimited earning potential for this bonus opportunity. Successful completion of this bonus opportunity will result in the member earning 75 bonus points. up to 0 0

Rent in LAC
This bonus opportunity will be available to all members who live in the United States or Canada. A registered member must complete ANY rental in the LAC Region and will earn 300 points. 300 1

Rent in Europe
This bonus opportunity will be available to all members who live in the United States or Canada. A registered member must complete ANY rental in Europe and will earn 300 points. 300 1

Refer-A-Friend
This bonus opportunity will only be available to all members in the United States. A successful referral will be someone who uses a member's unique URL to enroll in Emerald Club and complete a rental within the promotion timeframe. Each member can earn this bonus opportunity up to a maximum of 10 times. Each successful completion of this bonus opportunity will result in the member earning 300 bonus points, with a maximum earning potential of 3,000 points for this bonus opportunity. up to 3000 10

Email Opt-In
This bonus opportunity will be available to any member who was opted out of emails on the launch of the promotion. To earn the bonus points, the member must opt in to receive emails from National®. Successful completion of this bonus opportunity will result in the member earning 50 bonus points. 50 1

Pre-Reg: Point Rollover
Participants that earned 300 points or more (never earned a free day) in the 2015 promo, we will rollover all points. 0 1

Pre-Reg: Bonus Points
Participants that earned less than 300 points (never earned a free day) in the 2015 promo, we will bonus 300 points. 300 1

Weekend Rental
This bonus opportunity will be available to some members based on their rental history prior to the launch of the promotion. Eligible members must complete a weekend rental of at least two days, with a maximum of four rentals days, including a Saturday overnight. Successful completion of this bonus opportunity will result in the member earning 100 bonus points. These bonus points will be in addition to the 300 points the member will receive for completing a qualifying rental. 100 1

Pre-Reg: Redeem first coupon
Badge for participants that earned one free day in the 2016 and rented after earning that free day but did not redeem 300 1

Take our survey
The Survey bonus points will be awarded to any member that completes all of the survey. Successful completion of the whole bonus opportunity will result in the member earning 50 bonus points. 50 1

Mobile App Download
This bonus opportunity will be available to members who have not rented via the app since September 1, 2015. The member must download the National Mobile App onto his or her mobile device. Successful completion of this bonus opportunity will result in the member earning 25 bonus points. 25 1

Emerald Reserve Service
This bonus opportunity will be available to all members. A member must complete a rental using the Emerald Reserve Service. Successful completion of this bonus opportunity will result in the member earning 25 bonus points. If the rental through the Emerald Reserve Service matches the requirements for a qualifying rental in the promotion, these bonus points will be in addition to the 300 points he or she will earn for a qualifying rental. 25 1

Opt-In: Virtual Credentials
This bonus opportunity will be available to a member who was not opted in to receive Virtual Credentials at the launch of the promotion. The member must select the call to action "Go Paperless" to receive Virtual Credentials. Successful completion of this bonus opportunity will result in the member earning 50 bonus points. 50 1
Old Oct 26, 2016, 9:45 am

I don't know how to get these 50 points:

Email Opt-In
This bonus opportunity will be available to any member who was opted out of emails on the launch of the promotion. To earn the bonus points, the member must opt in to receive emails from National®. Successful completion of this bonus opportunity will result in the member earning 50 bonus points. 50 1

I'm marked in their system as Opted-in (?) previously; but I receive no emails except about my actual rentals. I don't know how to get 50 for Virtual Credentials for the same reason
Old Oct 26, 2016, 4:28 pm

Programs: Avis First, Hertz PC, National EE,Enterprise Pt, Sixt Plantinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
How many actual days for points to post after completion of the rental?

I know the FAQ in the official page says 5 business days for the points to post, and 48 hours for the coupon to generate after reaching 600 points. But I would like to know the actual days from someone's experience. I have a expensive one-way rental leaving JFK 1 week after the completion of the rental that will earn me enough points for a coupon. I hope that I can get the coupon before I taking the car, wonder if it is possible in real-world. Thanks.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by winben
I know the FAQ in the official page says 5 business days for the points to post, and 48 hours for the coupon to generate after reaching 600 points. But I would like to know the actual days from someone's experience. I have a expensive one-way rental leaving JFK 1 week after the completion of the rental that will earn me enough points for a coupon. I hope that I can get the coupon before I taking the car, wonder if it is possible in real-world. Thanks.
My 12F points typically post the day after my return and the coupon came at the same time. I'll have more first hand experience once I return tomorrow as that will push me over for another coupon.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
I booked 2-day o/w trip with 2 regular free days in the account ($0 base, only <$10 fee in total) and it was counted as a valid rental for 300 points. Too bad I did not use the app to score another 75 point. I was hoping to get portal cashback based on full price (>$250) which probably would not happen...
Old Oct 26, 2016, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by cloudybw
I booked 2-day o/w trip with 2 regular free days in the account ($0 base, only <$10 fee in total) and it was counted as a valid rental for 300 points. Too bad I did not use the app to score another 75 point. I was hoping to get portal cashback based on full price (>$250) which probably would not happen...
Strange u got 300, good to know. How did you expect cashback to kick in, when your rental fees were not charged??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.