Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: m907
- No 1-2-F credit for options on 1-day rental (SXM, etc)
- If applying 1-2-F coupons for a rental, as least one day must be paid in order for a National credit to be gained; but at least two- to get any 1-2-F points for anything associated with that rental!
- On longer rentals , 300 points are earned every 4 days

2018-2019: August 23, 2018 through February 28, 2019 - coupons valid until June 13, 2019

2017-2018: August 24, 2017 through February 28 2018, with 12F coupons valid until June 15 2018

2016-2017: August 25, 2016 through February 28 2017

2015-2016: August 2015 through end January 2016, with 12F coupons valid until June 15th 2016
Print Wikipost

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2013, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by KevinMD
If you go to the above site, you can see the "bonus earning opportunities". In a nutshell It takes 600 points to get a free day. Each qualifying rental is 300 points so that stays the same. Here are the bonus opportunities:Mobile App Download 25pts, Mobile App Rental 75pts, Refer-A-Friend 300pts, Opt In: Virtual Credentials 50pts, Enterprise Local Rental 200pts, Drive Alliance Site Visit 25pts, Emerald Reserve Service25pts, Connect to Facebook 50pts.
So it sucks for those you have the mobile app already, or the Virtual Credentials...
Old Sep 9, 2013, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
So it sucks for those you have the mobile app already, or the Virtual Credentials...
Took an arrow to the knee.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 4:06 pm

For the app download it posts the points based on the link click. I already had the app, but I clicked the link for the site (on a desktop computer no less) and 2 days later the points have posted.

As for the virtual credentials, not sure about it but you could always try switching to paper, saving and then switching back. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that tricked it into issuing points.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Coastercameron
For the app download it posts the points based on the link click. I already had the app, but I clicked the link for the site (on a desktop computer no less) and 2 days later the points have posted.

As for the virtual credentials, not sure about it but you could always try switching to paper, saving and then switching back. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that tricked it into issuing points.
Same here, can't download from the computer. So deleted the app, clicked link on computer, and redownloading. Even clicking on the link on the iphone doesn't do anything.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 8:09 pm

Do I receive credit for rentals completed with Enterprise?

You can receive RRR bonus points for an Enterprise home-city rental if you qualify for that bonus opportunity. If you qualify, the Enterprise home-city bonus opportunity will appear on your Bonus Opportunities page on the promotion website.

What the heck does that mean? What is a home-city rental?
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:05 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by hearna
Do I receive credit for rentals completed with Enterprise?

You can receive RRR bonus points for an Enterprise home-city rental if you qualify for that bonus opportunity. If you qualify, the Enterprise home-city bonus opportunity will appear on your Bonus Opportunities page on the promotion website.

What the heck does that mean? What is a home-city rental?
This question was asked on Page 3 and already answered, but just in case you need more clarification...

In all seriousness though, you're right, they would be better served by using non-industry parlance to describe most of these opportunities, or at least providing some explanation on the site of what they mean by given terms.

At least the interface is much better than the circa-2004 site we've seen for 1-2-F for the last few years.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:43 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler, AS MVPG-75K, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Silver, Nat EE
I have several reservations coming up that were made well before this promo registration opened.

Does this promo extend to those reservations made before promo started? Or do I need to make new ones and cancel the old ones to get credit.

I didnt see anything specific to when reservations were made.

Thank you!
Old Sep 9, 2013, 11:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dwbf11
This question was asked on Page 3 and already answered, but just in case you need more clarification...

In all seriousness though, you're right, they would be better served by using non-industry parlance to describe most of these opportunities, or at least providing some explanation on the site of what they mean by given terms.

At least the interface is much better than the circa-2004 site we've seen for 1-2-F for the last few years.
I gotta say, even the things you link to don't really answer the question. Nowhere in the google results is there an official answer from an Enterprise site (at least not in the top search results). I really take it to mean a rental from a "neighborhood" location, not necessarily in your home city. For example, if I live in a small city and there isn't an Enterprise in my city, but there is in the next town over, is that a "home-city" rental? What is the next closest city is 50 miles away, how about then? What if the closest location to me is at an airport? Is that a home-city rental? What if that airport is 300 miles away?

It really needs a better definition.

Edit:
And to make things more confusing, the bonus is actually referred to as "ENTERPRISE LOCAL RENTAL" on the promo page, not a "home-city rental" as is stated in the FAQ
Old Sep 10, 2013, 7:41 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Agree that it's a stupid name, but all it means is a non-airport ("neighborhood") location.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 7:57 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by UFgatorgal
I have several reservations coming up that were made well before this promo registration opened.

Does this promo extend to those reservations made before promo started? Or do I need to make new ones and cancel the old ones to get credit.

Thank you!
When reservations made doesnt matter - at least in the past.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 9:47 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by UFgatorgal

Thank you!
+1

I have a reservation for this Saturday, 9/14.

I made the reservation through my iPhone app about 2 weeks ago, prior to signing up for the One, Two, Free promotion today.

I'll wait 48 hours and check to see if this reservation posts to my 1-2-free dashboard. I should see the following points:

25 pts: Downloaded App
75 pts: Mobile reservation
100 pts: Weekend Rental

I'll update this post in 48 hours to see what happens.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 9:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, DL DM, Hertz PC, National EE
I downloaded and installed the App then made 3 reservations. I received email confirmations for the 3 reservations. I can see the reservations details on my smartphone. When I logged in my account on the National website through a PC and click on the 3 reservations, I got "Unexpected system error... Please try again later!". This message is only for the 3 reservations I made on my smartphone. I can see my other reservations I made earlier on a PC without problems.

I called National and they have no clues. Does anyone experience the same issues?
Old Sep 11, 2013, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by CaptainC
I downloaded and installed the App then made 3 reservations. I received email confirmations for the 3 reservations. I can see the reservations details on my smartphone. When I logged in my account on the National website through a PC and click on the 3 reservations, I got "Unexpected system error... Please try again later!". This message is only for the 3 reservations I made on my smartphone. I can see my other reservations I made earlier on a PC without problems.

I called National and they have no clues. Does anyone experience the same issues?
I used the android app to make a few reservations. Even though I checked SLI, the reservation on the website doesn't show it in the estimated price. Guess I'll make sure it's on the rental when I check out.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 12:06 am

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
If I use a free-day coupon (1-2 free promo or regularly earned code) on a 2-day rental, does that count as a "qualifying rental" for 300 points this year?
Old Sep 12, 2013, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I just got an upgrade for the national app this morning, reason, "fix minor bugs" I hope so and I wish they would include total rentals and keep track of progress towards elite levels.

Also question..

Since Enterprise has the weekend specials for $9/day, I would assume these would count towards the 1,2,free promotion, am I right? Also how about elite status with national?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.