Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Cars at Jackson Hole not at airport anymore?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2013, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold

I was under the impression that Avis/Hertz/Alamo/National were all on-site at the Jackson Hole airport, but when I made my National reservation today, there was a note saying they were "off-site of the airport" and I would need to take a shuttle to their facility...weird that it hasn't been mentioned before...anyone have experience renting from them in Jackson Hole?
Old Mar 21, 2013, 10:54 pm

Programs: Former UA GS, demoted to lowly 1K MM
As of my last visit a few months ago, the counter was in the airport terminal, and the cars were located in the parking lot right outside.

The airport website still shows National being in-terminal also - http://www.jacksonholeairport.com/ai...al-car-options

Unless something changed recently, I can't imagine the need to ride a shuttle.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bikenski
As of my last visit a few months ago, the counter was in the airport terminal, and the cars were located in the parking lot right outside.

The airport website still shows National being in-terminal also - http://www.jacksonholeairport.com/ai...al-car-options

Unless something changed recently, I can't imagine the need to ride a shuttle.
Interesting...yeah, I saw that on the airport website...when you go to the reservation screen on the National website to look up cars for Jackson Hole, it says "Jackson Hole Airport/SHUTTLE" now so maybe they lost their lease?
Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:54 pm

Location: A place where I have just enough status to want more, but can't afford it!
Programs: National EE, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis PC, Hertz PC
I realize this is an old post, but I thought I'd update and provide an answer. The Jackson Hole location is now located off-site near downtown Jackson hole. The shuttle seems to leave every 20 minutes or so and is a 20 minute ride from the airport to the rental location.

I just returned last week and it was a decent experience. As soon as I exited the airport, I boarded the nice and toasty bus. We waiting about 15 minutes at the airport for more passengers to board before we left for the 20min ride to downtown Jackson Hold. Once we arrived, the staff was friendly, but made no effort to acknowledge my status (EE) as I was initially handed an Impala while I had booked a premium. I informed the agent that I was an EE and that I had booked a premium. After a few seconds of clicking she handed me the keys to a 4x4 Expedition. While I was happy with the upgrade I was sad that this location was not more proactive in recognizing status.

When we returned the car, it was a 15 minute wait for the shuttle and then a quick 15min(?) ride back to the airport. All in all the off airport location wasn't to big of a deal, especially since it saved some gas not having to drive to/from the airport.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any recent reports from there?
Reviews on yelp are very bad highlighting slow shuttles, dirty cars and lack of program recognition... seems like the worst national station if the stories are true...
Old Jun 9, 2018, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrived today to find out that national is back at the airport. According to rep they (re)opened last month. 2 min later i was on my way - yay!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.