Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs/Partners > National | Emerald Club
Sign in using an external account

Old Jan 1, 13, 6:54 pm   #1

Programs: National Executive Elite, Avis Chairmans Club, Hertz Presidents Circle
Emerald Club VIP Status

If anyone is wondering how you attain VIP status this is the email I received back from National.

Thank you for your email. The Emerald Club program is available to all National customers (business or non-business) who want to experience fast rental transactions, have a choice of vehicles, and earn rewards for their National rentals. Renters are automatically upgraded to the next tier at any time of the year. Our Emerald Club Executive VIP tier is for close friends and associates of our CEO and founder, Andy and Jack Taylor. To achieve this status of rental service with us; you would have to be invited personally by our founder or CEO. Only 0.1 percent of our customers are members of this exclusive tier. Their benefits are exactly the same as all other tier levels of the Emerald Club with the exception of local delivery service. I hope I answered your question. If you should need anything further, please email us.
Tony King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 13, 7:02 pm   #2

Do you have the Taylors' phone number?
drzoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 13, 8:09 pm   #3

Programs: SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, US Airways Plat, Delta Plat, Avis First, Hertz #1 Club Gold
They must have lots of "friends and family" at MSP; cause there's always like 1/2 dozen cars parked out in the VIP area.
travelista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 13, 11:00 am   #4

Programs: National Executive Elite, Avis Chairmans Club, Hertz Presidents Circle
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelista View Post
They must have lots of "friends and family" at MSP; cause there's always like 1/2 dozen cars parked out in the VIP area.
Even my local station in St George UT, which is a small airport; they have one Emerald VIP slot. I've been renting from them twice a week or so since One, Two, Free started; and I think the manager said they've only had one VIP come in.

In fact the VIP wanted to drive a Suburban and they didn't have one at SGU, so the branch manager asked me to bring one in next time I one wayed from LAS and they would cover the gas.

Typically lately they will have whatever car I'm going to take waiting in the VIP lane, and I'm only Executive Elite.
Old Jan 2, 13, 11:19 am   #5

I became VIP after approx 14 months of consecutive renting in June 2006 (IIRC). I've had a vehicle out every day since 2005 (many times more than one vehicle, counting vacations, holidays, etc). I've been renewed at that level ever since. And no, I do not personally know the Taylors.
Ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 13, 12:22 pm   #6

I wonder if it's changed then since National was acquired by Enterprise Holdings in 2007?

So do you seem to receive any additional perks?
Old Jun 28, 13, 10:14 pm   #7

Programs: United 1k | Hyatt Diamond?, Marriott Platinum (Lifetime) | IHG Platinum | Avis Chairman
Wonder if I can status match from Avis Chairman's Club?
jisaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 13, 10:32 pm   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jisaac View Post
Wonder if I can status match from Avis Chairman's Club?
Avis CC matches to Executive Elite. Check the National status match page.
drzoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 13, 10:44 am   #9

Programs: DLFU GE
Well since I was told their are 31 VIPs in the system, I guess if that is .1% then they have just over 3m customers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelista View Post
Having an empty VIP area wouldn't look good, even if you had no VIPs coming in...
Old Jun 29, 13, 10:45 am   #10

Programs: DLFU GE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz View Post
I became VIP after approx 14 months of consecutive renting in June 2006 (IIRC). I've had a vehicle out every day since 2005 (many times more than one vehicle, counting vacations, holidays, etc). I've been renewed at that level ever since. And no, I do not personally know the Taylors.
Ahhh, so you get the "vip" rate on any car? Or is the first rule of VIP club not to talk about VIP club?
Old Jun 29, 13, 5:17 pm   #11

VIP section is often used to hold high end cars for paid upgrades or storage at most locations. So this is why the VIP section is usually full even though there are very few VIPs.
Coastercameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 13, 4:47 pm   #12
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta GM, National Executive Elite, Hertz 5* PC, Hilton Gold, Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastercameron View Post
VIP section is often used to hold high end cars for paid upgrades or storage at most locations. So this is why the VIP section is usually full even though there are very few VIPs.
Exactly. Especially since real VIPs are able to call ahead and reserve their desired vehicle. Whenever I've seen a car being reserved for an actual VIP customer, there is usually a big sign on the car's windshield that says RESERVED FOR _______.

I did find it funny when I saw that sign (complete with a customer name) placed on a standard Camry LE at BWI though!
dwbf11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 13, 5:08 pm   #13

What about EEs in the process of becoming VIPs!?! ;-)
Coastercameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 13, 5:15 pm   #14
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta GM, National Executive Elite, Hertz 5* PC, Hilton Gold, Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Maybe he will chime in and enlighten us.
dwbf11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 13, 9:56 pm   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbf11 View Post
Maybe he will chime in and enlighten us.
As to what?
Ritz is offline   Reply With Quote