Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emerald Club VIP Status

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
Bumping this back to the front. Have any EEs recently been bestowed this illusive status?

I have had a National rental 3 weeks a month for 5 years and have still not made it.

I am thinking of asking. The Taylors are from the STL like me. How about a hookup for the local guy?

But seriously, any intel or data points would be appreciated.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 11:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Hot Pocket
Bumping this back to the front. Have any EEs recently been bestowed this illusive status?

I have had a National rental 3 weeks a month for 5 years and have still not made it.

I am thinking of asking. The Taylors are from the STL like me. How about a hookup for the local guy?

I rent 300+ days a year with National, am a travel industry professional with influence of 8 figures of annual spend - no invite for me, so I have absolutely no idea what the criteria for membership is, aside from being a buddy of the EHI leadership team.
ginmqi likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Delta Silver, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bocastephen
I rent 300+ days a year with National, am a travel industry professional with influence of 8 figures of annual spend - no invite for me, so I have absolutely no idea what the criteria for membership is, aside from being a buddy of the EHI leadership team.
I'm thinking you just answered the question in your last sentence lol
Old Jul 1, 2017, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by Hot Pocket

You need to at least be the CEO of a large company.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 9:01 am

Deleted

Last edited by AlexM125; Apr 23, 2023 at 3:30 pm Reason: Deleted
Old Oct 24, 2018, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
It's too bad this status is reserved for pretty much CEO's and those responsible for managing company's travel. I'm at 110 rentals for the year and getting a bit tired of the non-aisle locations where I am getting "upgraded" to minivans.

Is there any real program (say Hertz's PC) that will get me better cars if I hit the top status? Wondering cause National is just meh to me now these days...
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
I flew into RIC this morning and saw a National employee standing at the bottom of the escalator with an “Executive VIP” sign. The customer’s full name was on the sign. I Googled the name as it was rather unusual, and his LinkedIn profile shows him as CEO of a medium-size publicly traded company.

So one theory is that VIP status is given to CEOs. Kind of strange that they’d have the sign at an airport as small as RIC - it’s only about a 2-minute walk to the rental car garage (no shuttle) from where the employee holding the sign was standing!
m907 likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by wahooflyer
I flew into RIC this morning and saw a National employee standing at the bottom of the escalator with an “Executive VIP” sign. The customer’s full name was on the sign. I Googled the name as it was rather unusual, and his LinkedIn profile shows him as CEO of a medium-size publicly traded company.

So one theory is that VIP status is given to CEOs. Kind of strange that they’d have the sign at an airport as small as RIC - it’s only about a 2-minute walk to the rental car garage (no shuttle) from where the employee holding the sign was standing!
I don't see the advantage for National for giving random CEOs the red carpet. They are used to being treated that way and are unlikely to be so impressed that they order their companies to switch over to National. Frequent renters who can choose where to spend tens of thousands per year would be more lucrative to treat well.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 3:35 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat, WN A-List Preferred
I happened across National VIP being a benefit offered to Jetlinx members. Other high end travel companies that might want a similar offering. I wouldn't be surprised if they just pay the cost of the rental as a loyalty expense at the price private jet cards come with.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.