Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

What's the highest mileage vehicle from National that you ever drove?

What's the highest mileage vehicle from National that you ever drove?

Old May 14, 2015, 7:05 pm

It's been commented on before in this forum, even by a guy that worked at National a while back. I've never had a gate agent tell me that they couldn't let me take the car, but I've also only had one or two cars that had over 20k on them. But I think they're not supposed to put cars with over 20k on them on the ES.
Old May 28, 2015, 1:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100k, AS MVP Gold, National EE, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
In Regina, Canada the airport National location is unfortunately franchised. They have a lot of really sad Subarus and Suzukis with really high mileage, most around 50k!!!

This has to be the most poorly run facility in North America! I once took a car and drove less than 10km or 6 miles, put in $4 in gas and brought in back. Invoice was emailed with a $50 fuel charge. Called their local number and I was told, they had to put 30L of gas. I told them that was impossible and she lectuerws me and told me next time make sure you fill the car up! She says she has a customer and has to go... Call back later and don't get anywhere. Finally got a hold of the manager and asked them to bring up my RA and check the mileage... How can I drain 30 litres when driving less than 10km?!?! He did next time you come we'll give you a free upgrade....for some reason they had a Jag the next time I was in and I asked for my upgrade., guess what got the same old sorry Subaru Outback... I asked about the Jag and am told I can have it for a extra $80 a day, what a joke!!!

This location should be shut down or taken over by corporate!!!
Old May 28, 2015, 1:12 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100k, AS MVP Gold, National EE, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
looooooool, I got you all beat. I had a car from a franchise branch in Regina, SK back in 2010 or so, a Dodge Durango which had over 100,000 kilometres!!! so 62k miles! God I hate franchise branches.
+1
Old May 28, 2015, 10:35 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by YVRorange
In Regina, Canada the airport National location is unfortunately franchised. They have a lot of really sad Subarus and Suzukis with really high mileage, most around 50k!!!
If you think the airport is bad (and high-mileage) - just wait till you see the neighborhood branch that is attached to the Subaru/Suzuki dealership!!!
Old Jul 21, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
This week...

Nissan Rogue with 41k+ miles on the clock.

It was 5k miles overdue for an oil change, per the internal computer and the window sticker. Rooftop antenna was broken off so no radio reception, and the rear tires were almost bald, well under 1/8" tread.

I notified the attendant upon returning and he said "Yeah, that's one we got in on a one-way. Probably time to put it out to pasture."
Old Feb 11, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Gold; NEXUS
Two weeks ago - 31,600mi on a Sonata at KOA. We put another 1200 miles.

At that kind of mileage, it needed a new set of tires and a new set of wiper blades. I am perfectly fine driving a higher mileage vehicle, so long as it's maintained. You can't expect wipers to last in Hawaii for 30,000 miles...
Old Feb 13, 2018, 10:13 am

This past week, had a full size SUV reservation at DEN. I was offered a Tahoe or Expedition. I inquired about the upcharge for something bigger, and an agent told me that he would see what he could find, but most of the premium SUVs were being held for reservation. However, he pulled up a 2017 Suburban Premier with 31,500 mi. on it and offered it to me for no upcharge, as it was out of mileage. I happily took it. The tires were worn but still acceptable, and the wiper blades could have used replacing. All in all though, those were OK compromises for the extra space.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: Delta - GM, Hilton - Diamond, National - EE
This week I am in a Yukon with 20k, I rent from both National/Enterprise and I have on occasion gotten 22-23 k from Enterprise. But on the flip side I did get a Nissan Maxima with 60 miles on it one time from Enterprise.. Lowest from National was a Caddy XT5 with 475 miles on it when I picked up.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by sullim4
Two weeks ago - 31,600mi on a Sonata at KOA. We put another 1200 miles.

At that kind of mileage, it needed a new set of tires and a new set of wiper blades. I am perfectly fine driving a higher mileage vehicle, so long as it's maintained. You can't expect wipers to last in Hawaii for 30,000 miles...
Interesting. I'll be in KOA this weekend, hopefully I won't get stuck with a 30k mile Sonata!!

On the other hand, I've rented from ITO a Jeep Wrangler that had about 39k miles....
Old Feb 13, 2018, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
I have a 36K Altima (from National) right now. However, I'm in State College PA, so a pretty small station.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Gold; NEXUS
Originally Posted by ginmqi
Interesting. I'll be in KOA this weekend, hopefully I won't get stuck with a 30k mile Sonata!!

On the other hand, I've rented from ITO a Jeep Wrangler that had about 39k miles....
You just might want that car. I posted a 3* Yelp review, saying the rental was fine but I complained about the age of the car.

National's corporate help center responded and wanted to discuss further. I emailed back, saying I wasn't really complaining, but that the age/mechanical condition of the vehicle prevented me from giving an 'Excellent' review. It was 'OK'.

They proceeded to refund me $100. Not a future credit, but an actual refund. I'm honestly shocked at the generosity. I usually use Hertz but I can say they've won me over as a customer here.
ginmqi likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by sullim4
You just might want that car. I posted a 3* Yelp review, saying the rental was fine but I complained about the age of the car.

National's corporate help center responded and wanted to discuss further. I emailed back, saying I wasn't really complaining, but that the age/mechanical condition of the vehicle prevented me from giving an 'Excellent' review. It was 'OK'.

They proceeded to refund me $100. Not a future credit, but an actual refund. I'm honestly shocked at the generosity. I usually use Hertz but I can say they've won me over as a customer here.
Nice! I've been with national for about 7mo now while out here in HNL on work assignment on a long term car rental and def service has been pretty good. Though it does depend on the specific agent of course.

But that's great that they do monitor social media/website reviews.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive, AAdvantage Gold, Midwest Miles
I would say 18k.

Their sister company Enterprise rented me a beat up Cobalt once at their neighborhood location with a broken gear shifter (cosmetic, granted). Told me , "Oh we have the part on order to fix that." Well that really helps me for this rental, doesn't it? Fortunately it was just for me and not some business partner I needed to impress.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 5:10 pm

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot
Over 40k miles on a beat up Impala at GPT.
SouthernBanker likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 9:56 pm

Worst from National that I recall is a 31k 300C they gave me at VPS for a one-way. I think I've also gotten some high 30s low 40s from Enterprise before.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.