Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

What's the highest mileage vehicle from National that you ever drove?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the highest mileage vehicle from National that you ever drove?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2014, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Highest: August 2013, DEN, Ford Mustang Convertible, 17k
Lowest: March 2013, ATL, Dodge Challenger, 1k
Average: 8.4k
Old Jun 19, 2014, 5:56 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
I don't recall ever getting a National car with over 20,000 miles. (Hertz is a different story, of course).

My wife rented a Chevy Cruze from National at DCA a couple of weeks ago with 2 miles on the odometer...talk about brand new! She's not much of a car enthusiast so she didn't even notice it until I met her later that day and took a glance at the odometer after getting a whiff of the new car smell.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 6:04 am

Programs: GS, 3 MM, Hilton Diamond
My all time Herz record mileage

Last October from EWR Hertz rented a car to me with just over 49,000 miles.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 6:50 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
While this was a National reservation, it was fulfilled through my local Enterprise since National's non-airport locations are so few and far between. Anyways, was given a Dodge Charger yesterday with 35K miles on it. It drove surprisingly well and was actually clean inside.

On a side note, I really wish Enterprise Holdings would either consolidate brands or do a better job of integrating the reservations systems of National, Enterprise and Alamo. I'm often left with the choice of renting from my local Enterprise or driving 35 miles to the airport, paying for parking and then shuttling to the rental car center so that I can use National.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 7:29 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Don't keep your hopes up. Enterprise, National, and Alamo all serve vastly different segments in the industry.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by dwbf11
Don't keep your hopes up. Enterprise, National, and Alamo all serve vastly different segments in the industry.
I don't know if this is still true, but an Enterprise agent told me years ago (before they bought National) that the reason Enterprise cars are higher mileage, is that Enterprise buys all their vehicles outright rather than leasing them from the manufacturers.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 9:09 pm

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
Highest mileage for me was 28K miles on a 2011 Cadillac DTS. Lowest mileage was <20 miles on a Buick Enclave.

I've been lucky -- I've had new cars with less than 250 miles on them more often than I've had cars with >10K miles.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 10:16 pm

Had a Fusion with 17K miles on it recently that was still in good condition.

Otherwise, most of my cars have had less than 20 miles on them.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 9:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, National EE
highest around 22k
lowest 2 miles (yup brand new Volvo XC60 on a full size reservation)

was told they retire after 30k
Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:20 am

Not retire...repurpose to Enterprise and possibly Alamo.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:03 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Avis Chairmans Club, Hertz Presidents Circle
I had a Hyundai Santa Fe a year or two ago. Got it at SGU which is a drive alliance partner with a shared fleet across Enterprise, National, and Alamo. The Santa Fe had about 59,000 miles on it. They had it one wayed to them from an out of state in town Enterprise branch. Once they got it and rented it out to someone the serpentine belt broke. So it sat over a weekend and then got fixed Monday at the local Hyundai dealer.

When I walked in there and he saw the one way reservation to LAS they were so eager to get rid of it that they lowered the rental rate to $1.00, and marked the gas at half a tank so I wouldn't have to top it off.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:11 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I had a '13 Cadillac ATS with ~21k from LAX. Everything was fine except the frustrating learning curve on the steering wheel controls compared to other GM vehicles. I was on a PCAR res and there were none pulled up, so I was given my choice of this, a G37, or an MKZ from LCAR. After-the-fact, I probably should have taken the MKZ, but by unknowingly chosing a high-mileage LCAR, they dropped my rate down to ICAR.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 3:47 pm

Never had a car with more than 20k miles on it. Looking back over the last year, a few in the 18-20k range. Most are in the 2-5k range. Got a Sonata once that had 46 miles on it. Unfortunately it was a base model, but still had that new car smell.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 9:58 pm

Oh no, not you too !!!

Received an Ontario Canada plated Mazda 3 with 70K KMS. Not expected from a National location but all too common with Hertz.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:35 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Going against the trend here, but on on my Mom's last insurance rental, they set her up with Enterprise since Avis paperwork would take an additional day. Much to [my] surprise when she picked the car up, the gentleman at the local Enterprise office stated they had a nice surprise for her. It was a 2013 Charger with less than 1,000 miles on it.

Unfortunately it developed a flat and she was switched out to a high mileage Altima at CLT Airport (only after getting the manager at National involved because Enterprise refused to swap it out stating it was 'safe to drive hundreds of miles on a donut tire.' The National manager was appalled and forced Enterprise to swap it out).

So Enterprise CAN get newer cars than National...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.