Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Cars at EYW / call ahead reservation as Executive

Old Jul 5, 2012, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

I'm going to Key West soon. I made an Executive club reservation (intermediate). I'll have 4 adults and 6 bags. Ordinarily at a regular National airport location, there's always at least a few large size vehicles to select among (last trip, we got a Mazda CX-7 SUV). However, the EYW location just isn't that big.

I was wondering, if I called in the morning, asked what they had, if they had an acceptable vehicle, as an Executive member, would they hold it until I arrived a few hours later? I'm not sure I could pull that off at a more regular location. However, between them knowing they have a limited selection (the counter looks out over the entire lot!), and maybe not getting a lot of Executive members through there, I was thinking maybe they'd cut me a break.

Any thoughts / experiences? Thanks.

Jeff
Old Jul 5, 2012, 6:26 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

This is not EA/ES location so you should only expect the category you reserve, further upgrades are rare and should not be expected.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.