- Detuned 3.5L V6 adds some kick
- Sport mode
- Flat bottomed steering wheel
- Base audio system

CONS:

- Defaults to Eco mode on startup
- Light steering feel
- Lack of luxury options on base trim

CONCLUSION: Much better than the C250, but not as fun to drive as the Audi A4.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 9:13 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Couple of notes, the pictures indicate that this wasa 4MATIC and also the license plate frame and probably trunk logo indicates that the car came from the Arlington dealer.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by peteropny
Couple of notes, the pictures indicate that this wasa 4MATIC and also the license plate frame and probably trunk logo indicates that the car came from the Arlington dealer.
Yep! Probably the same deal as the Audi A4 I rented previously. Vehicle for a local Enterprise station/insurance loaner that made its way to the National fleet.

Also, doesn't the C300 necessarily come in 4MATIC configuration? Only comes in 4MATIC Sport or 4MATIC Luxury trims I think.

I could use more of these!
Old Oct 7, 2013, 2:03 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Yep! Probably the same deal as the Audi A4 I rented previously. Vehicle for a local Enterprise station/insurance loaner that made its way to the National fleet.

Also, doesn't the C300 necessarily come in 4MATIC configuration? Only comes in 4MATIC Sport or 4MATIC Luxury trims I think.

I could use more of these!
4matic is a stand alone option on most of the different engine and trim levels. 4matic has now gone standard to some of the higher end models (E550, E63, CL550 etc) though.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bmw745ion19s
4matic is a stand alone option on most of the different engine and trim levels. 4matic has now gone standard to some of the higher end models (E550, E63, CL550 etc) though.
I believe 4Matic is standard on the C300, at least for the '14MY (not sure about '13).
Old Oct 8, 2013, 12:04 am

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
If I was paying that much for a Mercedes Benz, I'd make that dealer rip that tacky dealer badge off that trunk (or, better yet, not stick it on in the first place).
Old Oct 8, 2013, 8:22 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by qs933
If I was paying that much for a Mercedes Benz, I'd make that dealer rip that tacky dealer badge off that trunk (or, better yet, not stick it on in the first place).
That's kind of a mid-Atlantic thing - I know that MB and BMW dealers in the PHL area all do it.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 10:57 am

That's kind of a mid-Atlantic thing - I know that MB and BMW dealers in the PHL area all do it.
And you can tell the dealer to either not do it or remove it when you're buying a car. It's kinda a pet peeve of mine that car dealerships put things like that on. License plate frames don't bother me as much because they're trivial to remove, but the stickers/badges that they apply drive me nuts. So my last car I bought I made them put it in writing as part of the sales contract that they wouldn't put their sticker on. Apparently my sales guy ended up having to remove it before I showed up to pick it up, because their prep guys went ahead and put it on anyways (which is really stupid, considering the jeep I bought had to be brought in from another dealer, so there was no good reason for the dealer I bought from to put it on when they knew I said it wasn't going to be on there).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.