Best Premium Car

Old Jun 16, 2012, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Best Premium Car

I have a week long rental @ IAD for a premium car, and was curious what the best options are? I've rented the Avalon and it was a great car. I've rented the Maxima, and was not impressed. I know there are many Buick's in the fleet and the 300 is another option. What else is there?
We will be driving from IAD to New Jersey. We will also be driving to NYC and Philly, and there will be 2 adults and 2 kids.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
I've picked up a Saab 9-3 and Volvo S60 as premium rentals at IAD before.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 3:02 pm

Not über-common but the Hyundai Genesis is one of my favorites out of the pool of true "premium" class cars National is currently carrying.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
The VW CC is another good choice. Looks great and the 2.0 turbo gets great mileage.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I have a basic assumption that a Premium car should either be larger than a Full Size car, or the same size as a full size car with the maximum brand/trim level (e.g. Lincoln instead of Ford, Infiniti instead of Nissan, or even an Impala LTZ instead of a normal Impala LS). Unfortunately, with National, that's often not true: the S60, the 9-3, and the CC are all cars that on size alone would be ICAR/SCARs.

Instead, National has the nebulous Full Size Elite class, which I've never actually seen available for reservation anywhere I rent from, including big airports such as ORD.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.