Exec Aisle Closed, Charged for SUV

Old Feb 20, 2012, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, Bonvoy Tit/LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Enterprise Gold, UA*S, Accor Gold, Hz 5*
Exec Aisle Closed, Charged for SUV

Hi,

So I arrived at YUL at 12:30am the other night. Had a 1 week reservation for a large car (the best car it would let me book, I usually reserve a PCar for better luck at taking what I want). Since it was an aisle location i figured I'd have a decent chance at an SUV or some kind of upgrade.

I rush to the national counter before grabbing my bags, as I noticed the location was supposed to close at 1am. I arrive there at maybe 12:55 and tell them I haven't yet received my bags as I rushed over to get the car. They inform me the aisle is closed and offer me a malibu. I ask for something better and they offer me a kia SUV or a grand cherokee for $15 a day extra. I begrudgingly accept the Jeep and go to get my bags.

When I get back 20 mins later the Aisle with my Jeep has been blocked. Luckily I was booked at an airport hotel and just hop on the shuttle.

I get there the next afternoon. My Jeep is still there. Aisle is open with the Kia in it as well as a Taurus SEL and some other boring stuff. I'm in a hurry and just get out of there in the Jeep.

Any chance of getting my $15 a day credited back on return or any further compensation? I did briefly mention to someone that I had been blocked in the night before. Nobody seemed to care, perhaps if I spoke french I'd have better luck.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 6:56 pm

Not IMHO. You wanted something other then what you booked. You got it....

Now I would ask for a partial credit for the night you could not drive the car. Unless they told you now or never on the car
Old Feb 21, 2012, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, Bonvoy Tit/LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Enterprise Gold, UA*S, Accor Gold, Hz 5*
Ya I would tend to agree with you on that. Too bad there was no option to book an SUV at that location...

My line of thinking is that they SUVs were likely in the exec aisle before I arrived. Then they pulled them for nightly cleanup. Then got me on upsell.

Thing is...

There was an SUV in the exec aisle when I actually picked up my car the next day.

so if there is an SUV in the exec aisle on return I will ask for manager and credit. If not I will leave it be.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Ok so, Long awaited update.

On return I mentioned I was charged for SUV to return agent. He said he didn't think that was right. I should be able to drive whatever I want since I'm EE.

He talked to his managed by the time I had my bags out of the car. I got a refund for hundreds of dollars. He also told me that if they ever try to charge me for an SUV again "tell them they're full of ____."

Thumbs up to national.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 7:04 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Glad it worked out for you - and thank you for reporting back - too often people post questions / complaints and never the resolution.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 1:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by peteropny
Glad it worked out for you - and thank you for reporting back - too often people post questions / complaints and never the resolution.
^
Old Mar 10, 2012, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
Ditto, thx for updating us.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.