Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Gives With FLL's Weekend Special?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2012, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Wink What Gives With FLL's Weekend Special?

So National loves to send me e-mails to come try its Emerald Aisle. (Apparently my 10 or so rentals last year weren't enough of a try!)

So looking at the sample rates they gave me:

Dallas - Fort Worth • Midsize • $12.00
Montgomery • Midsize • $19.00
Tallahassee • Compact • $18.00
Knoxville • Economy • $17.10
Fort Lauderdale • Compact • $57.00
Philadelphia • Fullsize • $17.00
Nashville • Midsize • $15.45
St. Louis • Midsize • $14.00

I was quite suprised on what they were claiming was a great weekend rate for Ft. Lauderdale. Every other sample was in the "tens", while FLL priced out at 57! Thinking some marketing intern made a little typo, I tried booking, and sure enough, thats the rate!

Jeez, Id hate to see the "regular" price!
Old Feb 14, 2012, 3:10 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
1. President's day weekend means it's a busy rental time down there.

2. I suspect the non weekend special rate is significantly higher.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 7:59 am

Programs: AA,HH Gold,SPG Plat,Natl Elite,Hertz Pres Cir
I know what you mean - when I saw the "special" rates at FLL (the same applies at MIA) I almost flipped.

They advertize Specials To Go and Last Minute Specials and then offer cars over the wknd at regular corporate rates !!

So stupid. Just leave FLL & MIA out if the rates are not reduced.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 2:47 pm

Fort Lauderdale probably has 30k people getting on cruise ships over the weekend, so I suspect that they get a lot of rental car bookings covering at least part of the weekend.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by kwildnj

Jeez, Id hate to see the "regular" price!
LOL, you should price Avis and hertz for the same weekend for a really good laugh.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 7:45 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
I have to go to MCO-FLL next week and when I originally saw the prices, I think I threw up in my mouth a little. Compact cars going for $100-$150 a day.

My first stop was Hertz and 4 day rental was going for over $700 for a full size between MCO-FLL.

I came across the KLM code and I got a rental $130 for the whole period so I am happy. Thanks FT!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.