Cars at YUL

Old Aug 6, 2011, 7:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Cars at YUL

Surprised there's no thread yet.

Fri Aug 5, Noon, Executive Selection:

- Three Mustang GT 5.0's, all parked in a row at the beginning of the ES
- Three loaded Tauri
- Three Edges, including one with a "Sport" package. Big rims (seriously), dual sunroofs, leather, XM/nav package. Very nice.
- A couple misc GM's.

I'm not really a Ford guy per se, but this looked like a Ford showroom with some pretty loaded cars. We have the kids with us so we took the Edge Sport. I've enjoyed driving it.

Didn't notice the EA...other than it looked well-stocked with cars on a Friday morning.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 9:42 am

Why do those Canadians get all the good stuff?! Seriously, 5.0 Mustangs and Edge Sports with 22" dubs? grrr. they prob. have the Taurus SHOs too.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 9:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Seriously, my wife can't stop laughing at these rims.

I remember this from previous years renting at other Canadian rental locations: lots of Fords, and better Fords than we usually see in the U.S. rental market. The only time I've driven a Mustang GT 5.0 as a rental in the past 5 years was on a business trip to Toronto (YYZ airport pickup).
Old Aug 7, 2011, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
I've noticed the same thing: rental Fords in Canada are usually from the highest trim level whereas US frequently just gets the trim slightly above base.

Last couple of trip to Canada a noticed lots of Edge Limited and Fusion Sport AWD w/ V6
Old May 5, 2012, 7:41 pm

Around 1 pm today the EA had one car--an Impala--which someone had claimed when I got here. The ES had one car, a Chrysler 300, and the rest were SUVs: an Explorer XLT (which I took--only 1900 km), several grand Cherokees, a bunch of Pathfinders, an Edge, and some others that I do not now recall. I had booked a full size and was told to take whatever I wanted. Not a big deal, but if I had really wanted a car I'm not sure what they would have done.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 3:48 pm

late Thursday night (JUNE 28) 3

tons of tauruses
2 maximas
6 edges
Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:42 am

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Picked up a 1-day here Saturday. Pretty well stocked Exec Selection - lots of SUVS / Crossovers. I chose a loaded 2013 Lincoln MKX.. nice ride, love the adaptive cruise control and collision warning.

Ron.
Old May 10, 2013, 2:16 am

Programs: IHG Plat, JGC, Asiana Diamond, National EE
5/9
4pm

They sent me an email about the relocation to a more 'central' location. Which they are still in process of building the ramp. So no ES/EA section to check out. Talked to the agent and they said it should be built and functional in a few days.

Premium are all out, they ask me what kind of car do I want... I ask for a SUV and they offered me outlander, arcadia, Edge, Rogue.

Got an Edge SEL with moonroof, sirius, leather, parking assist, touch with 5km on it.(at this moment I am feeling real bad as I am about to dump 2200 km on it within 1.5 weeks).
Old May 24, 2013, 1:43 pm

05/24 Late AM - Very slim choices.

EA: Jetta, Impala (26k KM), G37x (looked worn)
EE: Maxima, Kia something, PIckup Truck (or maybe it was the nearby workers!), Explorer (2k KM, took it)

Offered a Mustang if I wanted it, but not my style at all.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Rather nice options this week. Two virtually brand new Chargers with red stripes and alloy wheels. I took a Mustang convertible with only a few thousand miles on it.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 7:39 am

In the last 3 visit, they had 1 mustang with a hard top and 2 Challengers R/T. some Nissan Maxima's.
However last week they had at least 7 300's and 2 Ford fusion titanium and 2 SUV's.
The challenger R/T were fun to drive, they also get lots of attention. More then the mustangs.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 1:00 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, Marriott Bonfire Titanium, Hilton Gold, United Premier Silver, Hertz PC
Arrived at ~11 PM but rented with budget.
Literally no cars on on EA or ES. Not a single one.

In the reserve, they did have a Grand Cherokee (not sure of trim), Explorer XLT, Maxima, Compass, Ugly new Cherokee, T&C, and a few employee cars but none really worth trying to rent.

Anyone ever see a GC limited or Explorer limited recently here on the EA/ES? I'll be back and need something bigger for a fam trip!
Old Dec 28, 2013, 1:59 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K , HH DIAMOND, MARRIOTT PLATINUM
It is my home airport and and have never gotten a GC but have picked up explorer limited many times that I needed them for more people and comfort, usually there is something big to take in the executive aisle.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 11:30 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Marriott Bonfire Titanium, Hilton Gold, United Premier Silver, Hertz PC
~11:30 PM Feb 8

ES & EA
- Choose your Altima, Malibu LT or SE Charger's color

EA Only (Which strangely had better selection IMO than ES)
- Taurus SEL
- Old Impala

No SUVs or Minivans except an Explorer XLT in the Alamo section
Old May 23, 2014, 12:38 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
THURS 1730

Several Santa Fes
Half dozen Taurses but they all were very new (less than 150 km). One was 7km.
One maxima
Two Altimas
Three Flexes
One Challenger
One Passat

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.