Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2016, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by Schweden
Off-Aisle

Yukon XL SLE
Suburban
Frontier
Mustang GT
What do you mean by off-aisle? Do you pay extra for those?
Old Apr 2, 2016, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by emilio911
What do you mean by off-aisle? Do you pay extra for those?
It's off-aisle when it isn't available on the EA or ES. At YUL, it's in the shared Alamo/National area beside the Emerald Aisle. Strictly speaking, they are cars for Alamo reservations and non-Emerald Club National reservations. Sometimes the EA/ES cars can be found in the off-aisle area such as the Durango when reservations for larger cars are high. During busy times, they may refuse to allow you to switch to a vehicle in the off-aisle area. If you ask, you might be able to get some of the vehicles in the off-aisle area for no upcharge such as the Jeep Grand Cherokee. However, they will most likely want around $25/day for something like a Mustang or Yukon.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 3:36 pm

It's off-aisle when it isn't available on the EA or ES. At YUL, it's in the shared Alamo/National area beside the Emerald Aisle. Strictly speaking, they are cars for Alamo reservations and non-Emerald Club National reservations. Sometimes the EA/ES cars can be found in the off-aisle area such as the Durango when reservations for larger cars are high. During busy times, they may refuse to allow you to switch to a vehicle in the off-aisle area. If you ask, you might be able to get some of the vehicles in the off-aisle area for no upcharge such as the Jeep Grand Cherokee. However, they will most likely want around $25/day for something like a Mustang or Yukon.
Thanks for the info.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 6:59 pm

Sunday Night
Full aisles

EA
Sonata
Kia Soul
Ford Fusion
Nissan XTerra

ES
Chrysler T&C
Ford Escape
Camrys
Charger SXT Base
Venza
Malibu
Grand Cherokee Laredo

Quite a few Mustang convertibles and GTs off aisle. I also noticed that you could start booking luxury class vehicles now.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 11:33 pm

was the Grand Cherokee base or the 75th anniversary edition one? would love to see the Grand Cherokee's optioned with the 8' screen this year.

Sunday Night
Full aisles

EA
Sonata
Kia Soul
Ford Fusion
Nissan XTerra

ES
Chrysler T&C
Ford Escape
Camrys
Charger SXT Base
Venza
Malibu
Grand Cherokee Laredo

Quite a few Mustang convertibles and GTs off aisle. I also noticed that you could start booking luxury class vehicles now.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by rtch92
was the Grand Cherokee base or the 75th anniversary edition one? would love to see the Grand Cherokee's optioned with the 8' screen this year.
Base Laredo. I didn't take it as it didn't even have a rearview camera. I think only Hertz might have a GC Limited at YUL.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 8:55 pm

EA
Camry
Charger SXT Plus
A LOT of Chevy Traxes

ES
Ford Edges
Ford Taurus Limited very loaded (took)
Buick Regal
Buick Encore
300S AWD
Venza
Tucson
Terrain SLT
Other small SUVs

There were a ton of Mustangs (GT and ecoboost convertibles) off-aisle. All the Grand Cherokees I've seen at YUL are still base Laredo trim. I also saw a Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Supercrew as there large pickup model off-aisle.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 10:17 pm

All SUVs on both EA and ES tonight. Traxes, Escapes, a Traverse, a Grand Cherokee Laredo, and a GMC Terrain SLT which I took.

The off-aisle area had a few interesting vehicles including an Ontario-plated BMW 528i and a Cadillac SRX.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 12:43 am

Tons of base Buick Veranos and Encores filling up both aisles today.

EA
Altima
Malibu LT
Kia Forte
Chevy Trax LT
Chrysler 200

ES
Maxima SV
Charger SXT
Camry LEs
Sonatas
Traverse LT
Flex
Venza LE

There was also a New York-plated BMW 328i off-aisle and I saw a GC Limited for the first time today.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 10:22 pm

today June 24
long weekend

7 passengers were all reserved for the minivan reservations as they told me even though it was in EA/ES aisle. i wonder if it was really being reserved since its in EA/ES aisle

reserved 7 passengers
Flex
durango
buick...
others i cant remember

EA/ES
buick lacrosse
edge sport awd
edge titanium (which i took)
jeep grand cherokee leather
Santa fe(cloth)
nissan murano
Old Nov 27, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Any recent trip reports?
Old Dec 6, 2016, 11:20 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
12/7 @ Midnight

ES - 5 Minivans - Looked like Kias. That was it. Everything else was on Reserve. Went over to Avis. Booked Full as PC. Took a 300S
Old Apr 17, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: National EE
4/16 (Easter Sunday afternoon):

ES:

Ford Explorer XLT
Ford Taurus Limited AWD x 2 (New)
Chevrolet Impala Premier
Nissan Pathfinder SV
Ford Escape Titanium x 2
Ford Edge
Chevrolet Traverse
Chevrolet Equinox
Hyundai Santa Fe XL
Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited x 2

Upgrades ($25-50/day):

Ford Mustang 5.0 GT hardtop
Cadillac XTS
Audi A3
GMC Yukon
Lincoln MKX

The EA had a couple midsize sedans and small SUVs.
Old May 2, 2017, 9:49 am

April 29th 2017:
If you like full size SUV ...
EA:
Ford expedition
GMC Yukon

ES:
Dodge durango
Ford Expedition
Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:01 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Jan 12 Friday Night 11pm during a blizzard:
ES was packed but with a bunch of challengers, chargers, ford edge limited and a bunch of Kia SUV/Sedans
Took a Buick Encore as it had winter tires, drove really well considering it snowed 20cm and the whole city was shut down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.