Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at TUL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2013, 9:54 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Thursday 10 AM. Pretty sparse selection. Had a premium res and only thing available was a 2013 300c, wanted a little better on MPG as we were driving to Branson and back. Took a look around and a few Malibu's, 200's, Sonata's, Escape Titanium at Enterprise, lots of large SUV's (Enclave, Acadia, Yukon XL, Tahoe). Of interest was a 2013 Chevy Silverado Ex Cab 2LT with a 4.8L V8 labeled PPAR. Talked to the agent and he went to the cleaning area and came back with a 2013 Taurus Limited with a tad over 20k on the clock.

Here's hoping that Silverado is there in a few weeks when I could use it!
Old Aug 22, 2013, 11:19 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Probably a '14 - the 13's are nothing special. I've seen a bunch of those entering fleet service lately, there's a nice 2LT 4x4 sitting at my local Enterprise also (hasn't moved in two weeks though!)

And FYI - not all the 300C's are V8's. Worth popping the hood and checking if MPG's are a concern - I usually prefer the 300C over the Taurus due to factory nav and seat coolers (these features are not engine-dependent), not to mention a generous Sirius subscription. In fact I only see 25-26MPG on the highway when I get the Taurus which isn't all that impressive.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by dwbf11
Probably a '14 - the 13's are nothing special. I've seen a bunch of those entering fleet service lately, there's a nice 2LT 4x4 sitting at my local Enterprise also (hasn't moved in two weeks though!)

And FYI - not all the 300C's are V8's. Worth popping the hood and checking if MPG's are a concern - I usually prefer the 300C over the Taurus due to factory nav and seat coolers (these features are not engine-dependent), not to mention a generous Sirius subscription. In fact I only see 25-26MPG on the highway when I get the Taurus which isn't all that impressive.
Yeah! Chrysler changed the standard equipment for '13 I think so that the HEMI is now optional...
Old Aug 22, 2013, 2:58 pm

No need to pop the hood. Just check the shifter. If it has a standard gated shifter it is a HEMI but if it has the E-Shifter it is a V6.

Last edited by Coastercameron; Aug 22, 2013 at 8:45 pm Reason: Autocorrect error from phone.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by dwbf11
The Taurus I have, has the seat coolers. They did a great job on the long drive today. I was aware of the Hemi optional for '13 and the agent said it did have the V8, so I didn't bother checking the shifter.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 5:52 pm

i just picked up a car sat, had a pair of 14' taurus limited sitting in VIP stalls. Took one with 800 miles on it, AC seats are definitely a nice plus! Other than those the usual cars sitting around. One '14 Impala LT sitting there as well.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by Pyridoxine
i just picked up a car sat, had a pair of 14' taurus limited sitting in VIP stalls. Took one with 800 miles on it, AC seats are definitely a nice plus! Other than those the usual cars sitting around. One '14 Impala LT sitting there as well.
Those '14 Taurus Limited are quickly making their way to the top of my rental list. Those were likely the same two in the VIP spot when I returned Sat afternoon. Noticed a Dodge RAM 1500 towards the back.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by KevinMD
Those '14 Taurus Limited are quickly making their way to the top of my rental list. Those were likely the same two in the VIP spot when I returned Sat afternoon. Noticed a Dodge RAM 1500 towards the back.

Yup I agree! The limited are nicely equipped and nice to drive. My other favorite is the '14 impalas. If theres a nicely equipped one ill take it, but havent seen anything besides LT at TUL. Id love to see a couple of LTZ with the moonroof and loaded features to match the Taurus limiteds.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 5:13 pm

Ever have that nightmare when you walk to the counter and they say "the only clean car is a 2013 Impala. Feel free to wait for something". So after waiting a few, another agent came up and said find a dirty car we like and they will run it through the car wash for us. Highlights of the dirty cars Maxima (2x), '14 Passat, '13 Genesis, 300c. 2013 Avalon came in (other guy took it). Took the Genesis with 5,500 miles and working Sat.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 6:38 pm

Surprise in T-town

typical night. 2014 Taurus Limited, 2x Genesis. Small SUV Escape SE, Sportage, Encore, Craptiva, 2x Journey SXT, Tuscon. Took the Encore, but it had seat problems, when I brought it back, manager asked what I was looking for (small SUV with leather). Went to cleaning area and came back with 2014 Escape Titanium with 2.0L engine . There was one other "car" there that caught my eye. See pics below

Yes it was available to rent and an upgrade fee would most definitely apply
Old Sep 6, 2013, 5:56 am

Who would pay an upgrade fee for that? I'd be surprised if they could PAY someone to drive that off the lot..
Old Sep 6, 2013, 10:00 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Spied a few of those at DTW on the ES a couple weeks ago. I almost too one for sheer entertainment value.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 2:14 pm

Thursday mid afternoon. VIP had Genesis and S60. 2014 Impala LT and Tahoe were in the premium selection. Among the boring FCAR's were a Optima Hybrid and Sonata Hybrid. Also saw Escape Titanium and Equinox LT. Took the Sonata Hybrid as I will be doing lots of driving, and wanted to compare it to the Prius and Civic hybrid.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 1:44 pm

Thursday 1:30. Usual suspects (Altima, Sonata, Sonata hybrid), 2014 Camry SE, Fusion SE. They were offering Equixox LT's on full size res to regular members. Enterprise had a 2014 300c with the Hemi, but was supposedly already taken. Guy offered me a 2014 CG Limited with 200 miles on the clock, which I happily took! That thing is LOADED!
Old Sep 26, 2013, 6:06 pm

Thursday 4:30 .
VIP had Challenger they were selling for $15 a day upgrade. PCAR's were '14 Lacrosse, '13 Taurus Limited, '14 Impala, and Genesis. FCAR's were the usual fluff. Couple interesting cars in return area: '13 Prius, 200 Convertible, and Ram 1500. Took the Lacrosse with 1,300 miles on it and already expired XM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.