Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at YYZ

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2016, 1:14 pm

The Challengers are SXT plus. No Nav, no remote start and crappy Alpine stereo without subwoofer.

Originally Posted by akhillese
That's because I took the last one on the lot for the weekend. haha.

Was at T1 on Monday evening. They had a mini fleet of Mustangs on the lot: two GT hardtops, two GT convertibles, and even a Challenger but I believe the V6 model as I didn't see any R/T decals.

Of note:
- Yukons (2)
- Ram 1500 (1 Quad, 1 extended)
- 300S
Old May 25, 2016, 1:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by rtch92
although my two years doesn't compare to your twelve this is no gossip, that came straight from the mouth of the guy working the aisle on Friday night. I even spoke to the manager, Omar and he said there should not be any exchanges done but wasn't so specific as to why or what will happen.
"Omar" doesn't have the privilege to override company policy and procedures. If a customer is unhappy with their car, especially if it's a car they checked out from that location, they can exchange it for another car of the same, or similar category, period, Omar's opinion is irrelevant.
Old May 25, 2016, 4:34 pm

agreed, so i emailed the regional manager about the situation that happened. really won't know what will come of it, but i'm sure it was just some non-sense coming out of his mouth.

Originally Posted by bocastephen
"Omar" doesn't have the privilege to override company policy and procedures. If a customer is unhappy with their car, especially if it's a car they checked out from that location, they can exchange it for another car of the same, or similar category, period, Omar's opinion is irrelevant.
Old May 25, 2016, 8:25 pm

Programs: National EE
agreed, so i emailed the regional manager about the situation that happened. really won't know what will come of it, but i'm sure it was just some non-sense coming out of his mouth.
Good thinking on emailing the regional manager and letting them know about the YYZ branch manager.
Old May 26, 2016, 12:02 pm

How would I go about getting the e-mail address of the regional manager? I had a bit of a run-in with the staff at YYZ last week.
Old May 26, 2016, 4:14 pm

if you have Facebook, PM National Car Rental - they will directly forward the message off to the regional manager. The email was sent from him directly but shows it as a generic @ehi.com email address. In the email, I was told to forward any further concerns to [email protected]. He also called me today to apologize, I can only assume you will get the same amount of customer service as I did.

Originally Posted by evanderm
How would I go about getting the e-mail address of the regional manager? I had a bit of a run-in with the staff at YYZ last week.
Old May 30, 2016, 4:57 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
if you have Facebook, PM National Car Rental - they will directly forward the message off to the regional manager.
You can also contact Customer service via Corporate Headquarters with the online form available at the link here. (It's located off the Customer Service link on the National homepage):

https://nationalcar.custhelp.com/app/ask

I have had nothing but great customer service from the staff at YYZ over the years until recently. I was on a luxury reservation (originally picked up from Wellington) and needed to exchange the luxury vehicle due to mechanical issues. The YYZ manager was only willing to give me another vehicle on the isle and wouldn't replace it with another luxury.
Old May 30, 2016, 6:21 pm

i agree, i would think that YYZ would be the role model for other Toronto area locations and go above and beyond especially since their bonuses are based on customer service. like i would say, two, three staff that i know there are willing to go above and beyond. but the rest, really disappointing. luxury for luxury isn't much to ask for, especially because i see those 5-series sit there all the time on the enterprise side.

Originally Posted by turbov6
You can also contact Customer service via Corporate Headquarters with the online form available at the link here. (It's located off the Customer Service link on the National homepage):

https://nationalcar.custhelp.com/app/ask

I have had nothing but great customer service from the staff at YYZ over the years until recently. I was on a luxury reservation (originally picked up from Wellington) and needed to exchange the luxury vehicle due to mechanical issues. The YYZ manager was only willing to give me another vehicle on the isle and wouldn't replace it with another luxury.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 4:08 pm

Which Toronto location would be best for a PCAR reservation? I did see a Chrysler 300S and a Hyundai Genesis during my last visit to Toronto Wellington. As well, is it worth it to pay $19 more for an LCAR? With the automatic EC upgrade and my account code, an LCAR is <$60/day base rate.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 4:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Schweden
Which Toronto location would be best for a PCAR reservation? I did see a Chrysler 300S and a Hyundai Genesis during my last visit to Toronto Wellington. As well, is it worth it to pay $19 more for an LCAR? With the automatic EC upgrade and my account code, an LCAR is <$60/day base rate.
Wellington is very stingy with upgrades - I would not assume booking a PCAR will get you a LCAR, if you're lucky it will get you a base model PCAR that is a full size in many other locations.

Booking a midsize or fullsize is even worse - the staff flat out told me during my pickup that they will "try" to upgrade EE to a fullsize from any midsize reservation, but that's as far as they go. Fullsize reservations get a fullsize car, nothing more.

Only if they have a shortage of your reserved class, or a surplus of something nicer, is there any chance of negotiating something.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Wellington is very stingy with upgrades - I would not assume booking a PCAR will get you a LCAR, if you're lucky it will get you a base model PCAR that is a full size in many other locations.

Booking a midsize or fullsize is even worse - the staff flat out told me during my pickup that they will "try" to upgrade EE to a fullsize from any midsize reservation, but that's as far as they go. Fullsize reservations get a fullsize car, nothing more.

Only if they have a shortage of your reserved class, or a surplus of something nicer, is there any chance of negotiating something.
Yikes, I somehow was upgraded without asking (as an EC Exec on a weekday) from a fullsize to a Durango R/T on my first and only time there. Perhaps it was because my rental was only 5 hours and they could have wanted to get rid of such a big car to YYZ.

Considering that my PCAR and FCAR rates are exactly the same, I would be fine if they gave me something like a Maxima or Lacrosse for my reservation. Without the airport tax, it's also $7 cheaper.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 11:53 pm

Programs: Avis Preferred Plus, National EC, Marriott/SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
Took a car this and last weekend. The lot was full of bulky SUVs which I didn't check closely. mostly Edge, Murano, Durango, GMCs, trim levels vary but mostly not top.
Spotted an 2016 Taurus in EA this time. Others are all vanilla cars.
ES: many 300s. SUVs. camry (really?). Taurus. most of the time best sedan you can get is 300s. i really want to drive another maxima again.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Originally Posted by matrixca7
Good thinking on emailing the regional manager and letting them know about the YYZ branch manager.
Sounds like just another scare tactic to me. Like YVR saying there's a $250 drop fee if you take a BC-plated car one-way, this is when you're already on a $200+ per day one-way rate. It's just so they can get away with putting the miles on another territory's car and/or getting rid of something they don't want (in my case they gave me a AB-plated Kia Sorento with a broken rear axle).

If they were really trying to enforce a ridiculous policy like this you'd just have a line of Emerald Club customers on Viscount Road pulling over to let enough air out of the tires to trigger a dash light then claiming mechanical issues.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 10:04 am

Yikes, I somehow was upgraded without asking (as an EC Exec on a weekday) from a fullsize to a Durango R/T
At one point I saw three of those Durango R/T at Wellington. If you were doing a one way to YYZ they may have wanted to re-position one out there.

The downtown locations have a lot less to work with so its understandable especially if they are sold out on a summer weekend that they can't upgrade everyone including elites.

To help decide between Premium and Luxury here are some of the cars in each category:

Premium: Chrysler 300S (some AWD), Nissan Maxima SV or SL, Ford Taurus, Buick Lacrosse and maybe Buick Regal (if there are any left).

Luxury: Hyundai Genesis, BMW X1, Audi A4 and maybe Mercedes C300. There is also a Mercedes CLA250 floating around.

Which Toronto location would be best for a PCAR reservation?
Wellington as far as I know is the largest of the downtown locations. YYZ (T1 & T3) would have the largest selection of all of the GTA National locations.

Last edited by turbov6; Jun 5, 2016 at 10:11 am
Old Jun 5, 2016, 10:11 am

YYZ T1 June 3: ES: Mostly SUVs (including a Ford Explorer Limited) and a 300S. EA: All SUVs. Off to the side Taurus, Lacrosse and Challenger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.