Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at YYZ

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2015, 10:28 am

Programs: Avis CHM, Hertz Plat, National EE, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Le Club Plat, CX Gold
Update on some notable cars you'll see on the ES at YYZ:

• 2015 Ford Edge SEL
  • 2015 Ford Edge Titanium
  • 2015 Dodge Durango Limited (Leather, Sunroof, 2 Rear Entertainment Screens, BluRay Player)
  • 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (Leather, Sunroof, small entertainment screen)
  • 2015 Ford Fusion Titanium (Heated/AC Seats, AWD)
Old May 29, 2015, 10:10 pm

Week in Ontario looking for a convertible

Coming to Toronto for a week. I can get a convertible for 500 bucks through work. But I can do the emerald aisle for 310. Are there any nice convertibles like mustangs or camaros in the aisle. I know some people have mentioned that there are. But are they just for executive class or are they free for the picking
Old May 30, 2015, 8:23 am

Is extremely rare to find a convertible in the ES aisle at Yyz. It only happens if they are running out of cars. If you arrive with a convertible reservation and its not a really busy day most likely you will be able to chose between Mustang ecoboost premium or GT premium and a Camaro Rs.

Originally Posted by Shouldy93
Coming to Toronto for a week. I can get a convertible for 500 bucks through work. But I can do the emerald aisle for 310. Are there any nice convertibles like mustangs or camaros in the aisle. I know some people have mentioned that there are. But are they just for executive class or are they free for the picking
Old May 30, 2015, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by powermax
Is extremely rare to find a convertible in the ES aisle at Yyz. It only happens if they are running out of cars. If you arrive with a convertible reservation and its not a really busy day most likely you will be able to chose between Mustang ecoboost premium or GT premium and a Camaro Rs.
Planning on arriving 6 am on a Saturday. Is that a decent time to grab one or would later on work better
Old May 30, 2015, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by Shouldy93
Planning on arriving 6 am on a Saturday. Is that a decent time to grab one or would later on work better
Might be slim pics depending on how busy Friday evening was.

They usually have tons of cars Saturdays evenings.
Old May 30, 2015, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by powermax
Might be slim pics depending on how busy Friday evening was.

They usually have tons of cars Saturdays evenings.
Do they let you reserve specific cars, or if you reserve just convertible they give you which ever one is there
Old Jun 14, 2015, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Sat evening. Lot was pretty empty and EA/ES was basically all large SUV's

ES/EA: 3 Dodge Durango Limited (the one i grabbed had optional rear seat entertainment system, 20" wheels, and a sunroof), 2 Ford Edge (new body style), 2 Chevy Traverse, 2 GMC Acadia, a Dodge Journey, and the only sedan was a 2.0T Fusion SE
Old Jun 19, 2015, 9:45 pm

This afternoon.
T1 lot was completely full, unlike last two times I visited, it was pretty sparse.
Manager was walking about and chatting people up.
Pretty much all SUVs in Executive, I think I only spotted 1 sedan...didn't check Emerald aisle.
Lots of Durango's, most of them fully loaded. As well as a bunch of Ford Flex's and Acadia's.
Manager was pushing a fully loaded Jeep Wrangler...let the guy after me grab it while I looked around...
Old Jul 2, 2015, 4:07 pm

Programs: CO One Pass
Was in YYZ last week, a nice mix of cars, I took a Nissan Xterra. One thing I liked about YYZ was there was a lot attendent greeting everyone as they walked from the terminal and asked what Emerald class they are and directed them right to the selection.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 6:37 pm

Flying in on a Tuesday morning in August. Have a convertible res. really hoping for a GT 5.0. What are the chances of that happening at yyz
Old Aug 22, 2015, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
All SUV's in ES Saturday morning

4 GMC Acadia, 3 Chevrolet Traverse, 2 GMC Yukon, 2 Mitsubishi Outlander, 2 Ford Edge, 1 GMC Terrain, 1 Chevrolet Equinox, 1 Ford Flex.

EA had a Rogue and Equinox
Old Oct 2, 2015, 8:56 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Hey. I have a luxury rental coming up. What is the state of YYZ for that these days?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 10:29 am

not so sure how you got luxury, but they just got some new Hyundai Genesis 3.8's in. try and snag one of those. they are real nice.

Originally Posted by briantoronto
Hey. I have a luxury rental coming up. What is the state of YYZ for that these days?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 10:55 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by rtch92
not so sure how you got luxury, but they just got some new Hyundai Genesis 3.8's in. try and snag one of those. they are real nice.
Booked it downtown and then phoned in to get it moved to the airport.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 12:44 pm

If you booked out of Wellington, which offers luxury and moved it to YYZ - chances are you will get a premium / luxury elite, varies from a 300S to a Q50. might get lucky a snag a SRX, which is an elite SUV.

Originally Posted by briantoronto
Booked it downtown and then phoned in to get it moved to the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.