cars at PBI

Old Mar 29, 2015, 12:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yet another poor experience at PBI. The general Emerald area (there is no ES) had mostly basic, high mileage generic cars and small SUVs plus one very high mileage Maxima. A few sports cars like Chargers and a camaro were there, but no 300, Grand Cherokee, Buicks, Impalas, etc

Complained to manager but there is little chance we'll see any decent cars at PBI until they move back to the large facility on Belvedere. So until that happens, I suggest putting this location on your AVOID list.
Old May 11, 2015, 6:58 pm

Programs: Nexus
Minivans - Travelling in June

Any recent experiences?

Will I have luck finding a minivan or suburban for my family?

Need 7/8 passenger.
Old May 18, 2015, 8:09 pm

I recently did a one way out of PBI. There was no distinction between the aisle and other categories. It was overflowing with cars on the lot and the agent told me to pick any car. I picked a minivan, of which there were several.
Old May 30, 2015, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by nd2010
I recently did a one way out of PBI. There was no distinction between the aisle and other categories. It was overflowing with cars on the lot and the agent told me to pick any car. I picked a minivan, of which there were several.
Thanks! Hope our experience is similar!
Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Picked a one way to FLL from PBI last Sunday. No EA/ES signage, but employee told me to pick from the two aisles closest to the fence.

Decent selection with:

1 2015 Toyota Highlander
3 Ford Mustangs
1 Ford F-150
1 Dodge Ram 1500

A bunch of FCARs (Impalas, Mazda 6s)

I grabbed the F-150 since i needed to move a few things. It has 1700 miles on it.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:48 pm

They have a new or renovated location now, which is much nicer. Great selection of cars in the Executive aisle - I opted for an almost brand new Mustang convertible (one of three convertibles, which is a rarity in FL or at least used to be at the old location).

Despite this, was irked by the shuttle bus operator. He asked the two older people in the vehicle what agency they were with and ignored me, until I spoke up (maybe he thought I was one of their kids?) When we arrived at National location he asked the older gentleman if he was Emerald Club (he wasn't) and again completely ignored me. I guess being young and female doesn't scream Executive Elite Whatever. There are bigger problems to have.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 2:30 pm

Rented from PBI this morning. As an Executive member the attendant told me to pick anything I want, except any of the Infiniti QX80s.

Lot was full. Had the typical midsize sedans, some chargers, a Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk (not sure why the opted for the Trailhawk trail-rated version), Jeep Grand Chrokee, Buick Enclaves and a ton of large SUVs like suburbans, tahoes and a lincoln navigator. Think there may have been some minivans in the corner of the lot. Ended up grabbing the navigator.
Old May 19, 2016, 10:06 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, Marriott Bonfire Titanium, Hilton Gold, United Premier Silver, Hertz PC
Has anyone been here recently and would like to comment on the selection? I'm picking up a car tomorrow on a PCAR res, hoping for a mustang or something sporty.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by mapelle621
Has anyone been here recently and would like to comment on the selection? I'm picking up a car tomorrow on a PCAR res, hoping for a mustang or something sporty.
So what can you report back?
Old Aug 15, 2016, 9:26 am

Any more info for this place? Renting here later today.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by JayinBK
Any more info for this place? Renting here later today.
No minivans.
Executive aisle had 300s, impalas, and bmw
Emerald Aisle had f150s, expeditions, camrys, impalas
Premier had corvettes, audi A8L, BMW 640i
Old Sep 21, 2016, 6:15 am

LCAR

I booked LCAR for two weeks. What cars they have in that class usually?
Old May 13, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA, BA Avios, AMEX Plat
Any recent updates for 2017 for PBI for Executive aisle? Debating booking for next weekend.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Picked up at PBI yesterday. Aisle and Executive were totally full, but every other vehicle was a Dodge Journey and the usual Impalas/Fusions/etc. Nothing exciting except a couple of Jeep Grand Cherokees and one Nissan Armada and one Buick Enclave.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Forgot to post on here of my experience in August, on a Wednesday evening around 8pm.

Executive Aisle:
Ford Explorer, Nissan Frontier, Chevy Equinox, Nissan Rogue, Hyundai Santa Fe, Nissan Armada, Nissan Murano, Ford Escape, Dodge Challenger, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Dodge Durango GT (mine) and Ford Mustang Convertible.

The lot lady was very kind and offered me few cars from the Luxury aisle under National logo (Executive Elite?). BMW 4 series convertible, Infiniti QX70 and Audi Q3.

I picked out the 4 series but after I drove it home, I realized the trunk space is not big enough for our luggage. So I returned it few hours later to exchange.

Arrived and the same lady let me pick out the QX70. Gawd that car looks nice BUT when I tried to exchange it, the counter lady said the system won't let me pick out that car (yeah right) so I chose the Durango GT instead, which I loved.

It was a one-way rental PBI-MIA.

I'll be posting of the pictures I took on the National PBI Yelp page.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.