cars at PBI

Old Feb 13, 2012, 6:53 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, SPG Platinum, AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Avis PC, National Exec
What type of SUVs were there? Anything special?
Old Feb 13, 2012, 8:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by squashgw
What type of SUVs were there? Anything special?
Mostly garbage and high-fuel-burn stuff, but I was able to snag a new Explorer Limited which was actually a nice ride with decent fuel burn if you used a feather foot.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:37 pm

just picked up tonight... they had like 9384759387 dodge chargers in the EA. found one with ~500 miles on it and bounced
Old Feb 19, 2012, 5:05 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, SPG Platinum, AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Avis PC, National Exec
Just picked up on Friday, some small SUVs and loads of Impalas but in Reserve they had two fresh off the truck Avalons hat were loaded and they ran and grabbed me the keys .
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:07 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Today was a festival of low-budget stuff on both Emerald and Exec aisles - actually you couldn't tell the difference between the two aisle...both had lots of beat-up Altimas.

I had an Infiniti G37 that I picked up weeks ago in FLL and renewed for 2 weeks at FLL Exec Airport (they are new to National's system, but a good option if you want to avoid FLL's sky-high taxes)...the plan was to peruse the aisle and see if they had anything better, and if not, just close out and re-rent the Infiniti.

While nothing was on the Aisle of interest, there were two Avalons (one brand new) sitting under the covered reserved section. I identified myself as an Executive Elite member and asked the nice Aisle-minder if I could give them back the Infiniti for the Avalon (I needed more space and better gas mileage)...and he agreed...so off I went in an Avalon with only 3 miles on the odometer. I'll renew next week at FLL Exec, then renew it at PBI thereafter, and then they can have it back when I fly out.

On a side note, can anyone tell me how to setup the stupid bluetooth phone system on the Avalon? It's the least intuitive setup I've ever seen
Old Apr 18, 2012, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Just reserved premium at PBI for pickup tomorrow evening at midnight. Website states Avalon or equivalent. Are they still open and what's my chances on getting the Avalon? How is the car for those who have rented it?
Old Apr 19, 2012, 7:46 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by EXPLAT
Just reserved premium at PBI for pickup tomorrow evening at midnight. Website states Avalon or equivalent. Are they still open and what's my chances on getting the Avalon? How is the car for those who have rented it?
We haven't had reports of Avalon from this location - but from various reports - Toyota must have given National quite a deal on Avalons since they seem to be popping up all over the place - I'd say chances are pretty good to get one. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/natio...rt-review.html is the thread that reviews this car (in summary large car - pretty nice for highway but has very little road feel).
Old Apr 19, 2012, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
We haven't had reports of Avalon from this location - but from various reports - Toyota must have given National quite a deal on Avalons since they seem to be popping up all over the place - I'd say chances are pretty good to get one. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/natio...rt-review.html is the thread that reviews this car (in summary large car - pretty nice for highway but has very little road feel).
PBI received a big shipment of new Avalons - it's pretty much the only premium car available from them right now. Mine was delivered with 3 miles on the odometer and every time I've gone back to renew, the special premium spots on the Emerald side are filled with Avalons.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 9:05 am

It seems kind of silly that they're buying so many new cars in FL at a time when most schools are off Spring Break and the FL driveout is in effect.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 2:36 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
The staff here is incredible!

Picked up today at FLL (4/20) on a full size reservation and the pickings were very slim. Ended up with a dull but "loaded" Malibu with 14k miles on it. Drove to MIA with the intention to check out their selection, but ended up noticing a slight knocking sound when braking (dropping off at JFK so maintenance issues are not acceptable for the drive) and ended up swapping out for the only car available at the time at MIA in either Full or EA, an Impala LTZ. Noticed that it was making a knocking/grinding noise when starting, so since I had dinner plans in Boca Raton anyways, ended up driving to PBI to check their selection.

Arrived in a downpour around 10:30 PM and the gentleman profusely apologized for having two maintenance returns in the same day. Told me to go to Full Size aisle and choose what I wanted. One Mazda 6 with 15k miles that smelled heavily of smoke, one base Malibu, and three Impalas (one LT and two base).

There was also one Charger with 5k miles and XM, so chose it. Took it to the counter and the agent stated that since it was low miles and a Charger, they were trying to keep them in Florida, but would go ahead and rent it out since I had returned twice. Ended up having a hard hold on it for maintenance (likely due to brakes which I noticed were extremely grabby and the agent proactively showed me the screen, so it wasn't a cop out) so fully expected to be told to take one of the remaining cars or nothing.

Instead the gentleman walked outside with me, called another agent over, and they rode around the EA and return lot to find a "nice vehicle" for me. Ended up with anothe Charger with same equipment and same mileage.

Definitely ^ over the lazy attendants at FLL (though exit agent was extremely friendly) and clueless agents at MIA.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 12:36 pm

National at LGA let me take a Challenger one-way to Maine last year on a 1-2 Free day. I was surprised they'd allow such a car to be taken away. But no, the greeter actually pointed it out to me on the EA, when I said I didn't want the minivans she showed me on the aisle. I re-confirmed it's okay to take this car one-way to Maine. She said "yeah" and seemed puzzled that I asked. Maybe FL locations have different ideas.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 1:22 pm

Can I get a Minivan at PBI in EA?

I need to book 2 minivans and 1 SUV for out upcoming vacation.

I have never used the EA before, so I have couple of questions

Can I book midsize and when I get to EA I can pick a Minivan?
Old Jun 25, 2012, 1:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by johnny2001
I need to book 2 minivans and 1 SUV for out upcoming vacation.

I have never used the EA before, so I have couple of questions

Can I book midsize and when I get to EA I can pick a Minivan?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/natio...questions.html
Old Jun 27, 2012, 9:51 am

Picked up late last night. Lots of small SUVs and some minivans - very few sedans. A couple Impalas, an Avalon, a 300 on the Exec Aisle.

The "special" Exec area restricted to Emerald Reserve (for car class) and Exec Elite members had another Avalon, 300 and 2 Lincoln MKZ - I asked at the booth if I could take a MKZ as a Exec Elite and was told 'of course, we hold these cars for you guys'....so off I went in my first ever MKZ rental...immediately regretting I didn't take the 300 off the aisle.

Lesson learned.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 1:04 pm

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, National Executive, Alaksa MVP
how's the crop been recently? I'm coming down next month.. trying to get an idea..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.