Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at PIT

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2017, 6:01 am

Programs: PC Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive, AAdvantage Gold, Midwest Miles
Kudos to the PIT team

wife and I wanted a large SUV to take on vacation. I thought an Acadia, which they had,would do. She wanted something even bigger. Asked at the kiosk and they took us around to show us what they had. An Armada was queued up, they brought it around to the aisle for us. That is great service.

happy wife, happy life!
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:26 pm

National at PIT on Thursday. I was in a rush and needed an SUV so I didn't take note of the sedans. The best pick was a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 with 1000 miles in Executive. Also in Executive: Ford Flex Limited (but with 18k miles), Toyota Rav4 Limited, Hyundai Santa Fe, Ford Escape.

Emerald Aisle had a Dodge Durango GT and two Nissan Frontier pickup trucks, which was interesting.

I've now driven National's Dodge Durango GT and Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, which are built on the same platform. The Grand Cherokee (at least the 2018) is a better ride - smoother, lots of torque, more fun to drive. If you don't need the third row I'd pick the Jeep over the Dodge.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:53 pm

PIT on Sunday evening was relatively empty. Between Executive and Emerald Aisle, I spotted a bunch of Grand Caravans, a single GMC Acadia and a Jeep Grand Cherokee, and some smaller SUVs. Executive had a Ford Expedition, so I went to check it out and it was totally barebones - no nav, no leather, nothing. It had 18k miles on it.

Last edited by m907; Sep 25, 2017 at 8:34 am
Old Sep 30, 2017, 1:25 am

Back at PIT on Saturday night. Plenty of cars available in both Emerald and Executive but they were almost all base trims with no leather or nav. There were a ton of Hyundai Santa Fe Sport models all around - Sport models but looked pretty barebones with cloth seats. Emerald had a Dodge Durango GT which was the nicest thing there. Also saw a Ford F-150 XLT and a Fusion Hybrid in Emerald. Executive had a Ford Edge Titanium and a Dodge Challenger.

​​​
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:35 am

Better selection at PIT Saturday night. Emerald had a couple Jeep Grand Cherokees and several high-trim Nissan Rogues. Executive had a Ford Expedition Limited and a Chevy Camaro RS.

Also saw a Ford Flex Limited with Ontario plates and 41,000 miles, which is probably the highest mileage I've seen on a major airport rental car. The Flex is a solid and very versatile car, and it seems like most agencies have them (Avis, Budget, Hertz, National) but apparently only a few because they always seem to be high mileage.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:51 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by m907
Also saw a Ford Flex Limited with Ontario plates and 41,000 miles, which is probably the highest mileage I've seen on a major airport rental car. The Flex is a solid and very versatile car, and it seems like most agencies have them (Avis, Budget, Hertz, National) but apparently only a few because they always seem to be high mileage.
The Ontario car was probably in km. Or did you do the conversion already?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by xienon
The Ontario car was probably in km. Or did you do the conversion already?
Oh, I didn't even think of that. Maybe it was km.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 6:03 am

PIT - Executive had a couple Chevy Camaros, a Chevy Tahoe, a Cadillac XTS, and one of each of the Nissan/Infiniti land yachts (Armada and QX80). Aisle had a Jeep Wrangler, oddly enough. The rest was the standard assortment of sedans and small SUVs.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 7:29 pm

PIT was pretty barren on Sunday night - only noteworthy cars were a Camaro, Toyota 4Runner, Infiniti QX30 (tiny car), and the new Jeep Compass (which looks pretty good).
Old Nov 5, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive, AAdvantage Gold, Midwest Miles
Couple Tuesdays ago, one vehicle on EE, a Flex. I took it.

Had my little daughter with me- she was disappointed, she likes to help me choose.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by Friarboy
Couple Tuesdays ago, one vehicle on EE, a Flex. I took it.

Had my little daughter with me- she was disappointed, she likes to help me choose.
That's odd. Just an ordinary Tuesday? What time?

At least the Flex is a good car.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:36 pm

PIT on Saturday - Both sections were full of cars, small SUVs, and some trucks. Unfortunately, they all seemed to be low trim models with basic interiors and presumably base powertrains. It was odd to see the lot that full but without any high trim models. The nicest cars I saw were a Ford Flex Limited, a base-trim Dodge Challenger, and a base-trim Dodge Charger.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 11:04 pm

PIT was underwhelming yesterday. EA was blocked by returned cars that hadn't been taken back yet so they were telling people to pick anything they saw from ES. It was Dodge Grand Caravans galore. And a random Ford Mustang convertible which I guess no one wants in the snow in December.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 2:04 am

Stopped by PIT on Sunday. There were actually more SUVs and pickup trucks than cars. Pretty standard assortment of Dodge Durango, Nissan Rogue, Jeep Compass, Nissan Frontier, etc. There was a RAM 1500 Hemi and a Camaro too.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 11:57 am

Mostly minivans, fair bit of pickups, a couple Mustangs, and an Expedition. Took the Cadillac XTS
m907 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.