Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at PIT

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:10 am

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by plagwate
I rented from PIT back in July. There is no EC aisle and I was not offered a choice. However, I was upgraded upon check-in at the booth. My reservation was for full-size and was given a premium (a Buick Regal if I recall correctly). The booth staff seemed nice enough and I believe I could have swapped to another vehicle if I had not been satisfied.
There is in fact an Aisle. You don't goto the counter inside the airport. Proceed to the parking garage and the Emerald attendant will attend to you. The Emerald Aisle is directly to the left of the booth.

The keys are not in the cars there. The booth will inform you of your options (but you can use your eyes to look at the aisle and ask for a specific car) and provide you with your keys and send you on your merry way.

The staff here was great on the 3 occasions I used them.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 1:22 pm

Programs: Ozark Go-Getters Gold, Statler Star Silver, others from a variety of alternate timelines
Originally Posted by 91StealthES
There is in fact an Aisle. You don't goto the counter inside the airport. Proceed to the parking garage and the Emerald attendant will attend to you. The Emerald Aisle is directly to the left of the booth.

The keys are not in the cars there. The booth will inform you of your options (but you can use your eyes to look at the aisle and ask for a specific car) and provide you with your keys and send you on your merry way.
There may be an aisle of cars that are set aside for Emerald Club members, but that's not a capital-A Aisle by the definition of either National or this forum, which would include the keys already being in the cars and not having to be informed of anything at a booth.

The description above is the very definition of the "Emerald Booth" level of service.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 2:39 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by trainman74
There may be an aisle of cars that are set aside for Emerald Club members, but that's not a capital-A Aisle by the definition of either National or this forum, which would include the keys already being in the cars and not having to be informed of anything at a booth.

The description above is the very definition of the "Emerald Booth" level of service.
You are correct, it is an Emerald Booth service.

The keys are not left in the car due to the garage not being gated.

Though, the aisle is clearly marked as Emerald Aisle and you can choose your car. I have every time I have been there.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 4:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by 91StealthES
You are correct, it is an Emerald Booth service.

The keys are not left in the car due to the garage not being gated.

Though, the aisle is clearly marked as Emerald Aisle and you can choose your car. I have every time I have been there.
Curious. While I don't doubt your experience, I wonder why I was simply handed the keys to a car that was preselected for me? When I presented my DL at the booth, the attendant pulled out a portfolio with keys attached, just like they do at the other rental car companies. I would have much rather had a choice in the matter as that's what I've come to expect and appreciate from National.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by plagwate
Curious. While I don't doubt your experience, I wonder why I was simply handed the keys to a car that was preselected for me? When I presented my DL at the booth, the attendant pulled out a portfolio with keys attached, just like they do at the other rental car companies. I would have much rather had a choice in the matter as that's what I've come to expect and appreciate from National.
No problem. 2 of the times, the attendant grabbed a handful of keys and informed me what was available. I was satisfied with the selection and chose one and was on my way.

The other time, before they brought out any keys, I asked for a specific vehicle, a Cadillac STS and was provided the keys to it.

It never hurts to ask, the worst they can say is no.

Edit: I notice you are Exec and I am Exec Elite. Now, I doubt that has anything to do with it, but you never know.
Old May 13, 2012, 7:25 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: National Exec Elite
Got a brand new 2013 Ford Explorer this past Friday off the isle. Had 150 miles on it. First time in 6 months I have seen an Explorer on the Aisle!
Old Jan 28, 2013, 3:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, UA MP, National EE, Marriott Gold, Avis First, WS Rewards
1/27 Well not too much...but actually really good staff!
I took a look at the lot and well...
-1X Impala LTZ (DE)
-1X Impala LT (NV)
-1X Impala LT (RI)
-1X Impala LT(PA)
-1X Impala LT(NY)
-1X Impala LS(FL)
-1X 2012 Malibu LT (SC)
-1X 2013 Verano (TN)
-1X Avenger (NY)

Went to the counter and was offered the Avenger but was told the mileage was over 37K and I mentioned the Verano, but it turns out "It was an upgrade that she was not able to preform" don't know what that means. I asked her what car I could have and she started the paperwork for the Impala LTZ but the car had significant damage to the back (like bent plate, very large scratches, plate being held by zap straps etc..". This point I was getting tired and went back to ask about another vehicle (and my disgust for Impalbu's) and she finally sends someone to the back and nothing came up, so the worker was off to Alamo for a car. He comes back without a car and says, their booked out. so she made some calls and located an Altima that she assured me was a 2013 at an Enterprise local location. So some odd 30 minutes pass by and was told that two days would be free and was was issued a free day because the driver was stuck in traffic. About 5 minutes later he shows up in a 2012 Altima S with 33K and Arkansas tags. I never been so happy to get into a smelly old Altima!
Old Jan 28, 2013, 6:14 pm

Well, that doesn't sound like my idea of good staff, personally!! She was unable to upgrade you (an Exec Elite?) to a Verano, which is a Standard class car? Sounds like BS to me!
Old Jan 28, 2013, 6:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, UA MP, National EE, Marriott Gold, Avis First, WS Rewards
Originally Posted by Coastercameron
Well, that doesn't sound like my idea of good staff, personally!! She was unable to upgrade you (an Exec Elite?) to a Verano, which is a Standard class car? Sounds like BS to me!
I really can't complain because they did go above and give me a couple free days this rental and a future rental, but I do think that she was literally holding that car to the very end because sadly, it was the nicest thing on the lot, even then it looked like it was right in the middle of a sandblaster. Her excuse for the entire ordeal was "the system won't allow me to do that, the system is saying the vehicle is reserved, the system says the vehicle is not registered, the system this the system that." Don't worry I defiantly made her know that it more than likely wasn't the system
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:39 am

I ended up having a early flight this morning so I returned the car at about 5:30 and the selection really improved! I was barely able to find a full spot!
The lot consisted of
-1X Santa Fe (PA)
-1X Camry (MI)
Thats all folks!
I pulled into the empty return lane and the usual mileage check etc.. happens except the lady is going over the car with a fine tooth comb. She asks how it was and I told her about my ordeal and she responds with a "oh! This is a 2013 though!" then I happily mentioned to her that 2013's are completely different different and why on earth would a 2013 have over 33K already. She responded with "It came from Arkansas, so it accumulated more miles that way and we stock only the newest model years" this lady was in absolute complete denial even when I show her the key tag with a "C" in the VIN and the fact that it tells you right there that its a 2012. So I finished arguing with her and just as I'm picking my bags up leave, she starts the POS and drives it right next to the Santa Fe without even cleaning it! Nice!
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:10 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: National Exec Elite
I rent weekly from here since Dec '11. Selection has gone down hill and now they don't even put any kind of suv on aisle. really sucks for an elite status
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:31 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by Alaska737890
She responded with "It came from Arkansas, so it accumulated more miles that way and we stock only the newest model years"
Came from Arkansas via Asia and Europe with a run to South America for good measure?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 1:09 pm

What is going on there!?! I've heard that PIT as an airport has seen its passenger volume plummet, sounds like National is giving up here.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 1:17 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
In fairness I rented a 2013 Town and Country a few weeks ago that already had 24K on it. It is entirely possible for even a newer model year car to have high miles. And FWIW I've yet to meet a lot attendant anywhere who had the slightest interest in (or knowledge of) cars or different model year variations like those of us who take time to post on this forum. That definitely is not a National specific complaint, but more like an industry thing.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 4:04 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Coastercameron
What is going on there!?! I've heard that PIT as an airport has seen its passenger volume plummet, sounds like National is giving up here.
PIT used to be a hub for US Airways, until the merger. It was demoted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.